E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2M views 18K replies 115 participants last post by  sly1types 
#1 ·
Hello folks! I'm just looking for all the "e46ers" in Kansas.... I feel so left out :bawling:. I cant find anyone else that does these cars around Johnson County! Met a really cool guy awile back and will be meeting him next weekend you can find his thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...664&highlight= . Other than him the only other person I know Has a 325xi with cheap ass wheels and hes a total douche! HE EVEN KEYED MY CAR AND IS TELLING EVERYONE I COPIED HIS "CAR IDEAS" AND MODDED MY CAR WITH HIS IDEAS BEFORE HE DID! :ben: :censor:. So anyway calling all Kansas E46 Fanatics!

#3,032 ·
Everyone is already on vacation so I don't have sh1t to do at work this week.

#3,038 ·
For what you want I say go for it, it will be the cheapest thing you can do as far as tune goes. But I have to disagree with Jake in the aspect that it's worth it from an overall HP gain standpoint. I've seen dynos for the M3 where a car has headers, full exhaust, intake, pulleys (the works for NA) with a conforti shark injector and gained over 12 whp when going to an ESS tune. Exact same mods only change was tune on the exact same dyno, with 12+ ponnies. Jake said it right it will change you rpm, rev limiter, and throttle response but any tune can do that. The shark injector is a canned tune, it's a cheap alternative and certainly not anywhere near the best.

#3,040 ·
That's why I said for what he wants to go for it. What you said is exactly right I was just saying there are far better. No not any 50+ but like I mentioned above 12+ is a ton for our cars.

#3,041 ·
Sweet thanks guys! Answered my questions.

Got the bumper fitted today, one of the mounts broke very easily once I slid it on. It was the passenger side slide in mount. Without any pressure it snapped off, but my friend gorilla glue fixed that problem for me! Haha everything is lined up now it's just time to pay out the a$$ for paint.

#3,042 ·
Ok our cars (andy and 99bimmer323 guy) are NOT ment to sound very deep...have u guys never heard a stock m3 at 6.5k? It's raspy. There's a reason it doesn't sound like a muscle car, because it isn't one of them...I like the deep tone in the beginning and rasp at the end, makes it so it sounds aggresive even if u arnt flooring it all the time. Maybe that's Just me but if I wanted a deep, non raspy tone I wouldn't have gotten a BMW...oh well. To each his own

#3,049 ·
Truely an I6 is one of the best configurations for an engine. Best balanced and all that. Bmw puts the money in to research and developement so we get good engines in the end.

I'm getting my wheels and tires on now... $60 ish for balance, $60ish for mount, wtf? Not cool... I'm at the goodyear on johnson drive... I should have just told him I have a 1982 ford probe or something lol

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp :4ngie:

#3,051 ·
Should have listened and gone to Trends. 15 bucks a wheel.

#3,050 ·
Me want this diffuser :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: And it's only like $2k :banghead:

Attachments

#3,055 ·
I thought you meant KC Trends told you $36 over the phone.

#3,056 ·
No, goodyear told me over the phone. I called
Hafkemeyer and he told me it would be $96 so I should just go to a tire shop. So I called goodyear and he said like $36...

Huge tires and tucking from the weight of my rims

235/35/17 all around

#3,058 ·
Yup. I think its cause the tread depth is soo deep on these.
I just didn't want to go through with summers again. I did it last year and I ended up being driven by mom a lot, and that's no fun.
As ryan an devak can attest to, summers try their hardest to kill me. With these tires I can do anything.
It sure handles like a cloud though!

#3,060 ·
Yup, this is probably the best setup I could do. I see no point in having winter tires that are only half for winter and half for street so I went with studabble snow and ice and 235 squared so I could rotate them and keep the set for longer. Should be drivable in dang near anything I throw at it. The real test will be my driveway with like 5 inches of snow on it lol. (I have a hilly driveway)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.