E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BSW "Stage 2" Amp - ETA

62K views 262 replies 63 participants last post by  Onizukachan 
#1 ·
Looks like this has been in development for a while, and still is. Any idea on an ETA?

#199 ·
Pretending to release a new product to continue to sell an old one. Is there a word for that?

Guys, this is just a speaker company. Don't expect an amp. It's painfully clear that they don't have the capability. The monthly Halston updates stopped shortly after they were announced. It's ALL BS.

From the BSW website.

"Instead of giving you a specific date, we'd rather say that this product will be available when it meets our exacting standards of quality and performance -- when its worthy of your BMW!"

"Imagine audio in your BMW so crystal clear in every detail, so powerful you can't come close to maximum volume, so alive that when you close your eyes, you'd swear you're at a concert. Now imagine it takes just 30 minutes to install, and you have the BSW Plug and Play Amplifier Upgrade."

So, I propose that this thread becomes the place for New Slogans for BSW! Hey, I wouldn't mind a little entertainment while I wait...............

BSW - A speaker company living in a fantasy world. Come post in our necro threads!

or

We'll sell you the perfect amp you can't buy! -BSW

#200 ·
Pretending to release a new product to continue to sell an old one. Is there a word for that?

Guys, this is just a speaker company. Don't expect an amp. It's painfully clear that they don't have the capability. The monthly Halston updates stopped shortly after they were announced. It's ALL BS.

From the BSW website.

"Instead of giving you a specific date, we'd rather say that this product will be available when it meets our exacting standards of quality and performance -- when its worthy of your BMW!"
I'm with you at this point with no updates or reasons it's so absurdly delayed its vaporware.

If I announced a product or service years before I actually made it I would be laughed out of business. The product had promise but as it sits it's comical that it's still "in development". Considering that the e46 system is not that complex (relative to other possible systems like the e9x idrive) and how quickly things like Dynavin are able to get to market there is really little reason to have it take years.

#202 ·
Hi guys! It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've made any posts on this forum, but this is an issue we need to address to everyone here -- to our customers, to those interested in the product, and especially to those who are disappointed that we haven't delivered.

Put simply, we dropped the ball, and we're sorry.

What happened? Well, it's complicated, but what it really comes down to is money.

As anyone who runs a small business knows, with a limited amount of operating capital, you have to make tough decisions about where you're going to use the money that's available to you.

If you've been paying attention over the last 8 years, you'll have noticed that many of our biggest selling products continually go on backorder. This is despite the fact that we've increased the amount of inventory on hand 6 or 7 fold from when we started, purchasing as much as our budget will allow.

When we started the amplifier upgrade project several years ago, we expected that at some point in the near future we would have "enough" inventory for our core products to meet demand, at which point we could redirect our capital resources to the amplifier upgrade project.

That day still hasn't come.

If we are going to continue to grow and thrive, we have to not only make great products and deliver great service; we also have to make strategic decisions which will be in the best interest of the business long-term.

And as a business, when you don't have enough inventory to fulfill the orders you already have, it just doesn't make sense to shift resources away to a project which has an unknown return on investment and an unknown timeframe for completion.

This has never been a question of our willingness to invest in R&D or a question of the complexity of the project. It's a question of resources.

All that said, we are CONSTANTLY increasing our operating capital, and we are hopeful that at some point in the near future, we'll have enough capital to keep enough inventory to fulfill everyone's seemingly insatiable demand for our current products, at which point we can use some of our limited resources to make this amplifier project a reality.

In other words, this project is on our roadmap, and it's not a question of IF it is coming. It is a question of WHEN. I don't have any firm timeframes for you, and we aren't going to give you any. We learned our lesson.

I will say that we have recently restarted development on this, but that is ALL that I will say. No timeframes, no estimates, no details. It will be available when we can make it work as a business.

Thank you guys for your patience and your understanding. We're sorry we've disappointed you, but we hope that when the final product is available, it will have been worth the wait.

#204 ·
I understand you're upset, and you've got a right to be.

As you pointed out, words are cheap, which is why I haven't made any statements regarding the status of the project or an expected timeframe. We aren't going to make any more promises we aren't 100% sure we can keep.

Regarding previous statements being false, that's just not true. Aside from the fact that this is a capital-intensive project, both to engineer and purchase product for, we've also had to scrap an entire design and start fresh again. Our initial version didn't meet our standards. But, we should have known better and not said a peep until we were sure the project was done and ready for launch.

Won't happen again.

#213 ·
I know I do not have a lot of clout on the forums as I am a newbie to them but..... I think you may be missing the "need" of most the forum members including myself interested in this product. I am a small automotive business owner myself and can completely understand the troubles you have run into. However....

Here is the problem, in order for BSW to correct their blunder consumers NEED a projected time frame. Even if you guys at BSW want to play it safe and give yourselves extra time (if you expect the project completed in 6 months say 1 year, etc...) Many people including myself have been holding out on upgrading their audio system. However.... I am finally at the point where I need to make a decision if I proceed to build a system w/o the amp or if I wait longer for the project. Those of us in limbo NEED some kind of guidance. For instance I am willing to wait 6-9 months but am in no way willing to wait 2 years.

#205 · (Edited)
i am not upset actually, so i think you misunderstood my reply post. running businesses that regularly demand large investments, i can relate.

i was not saying that your previous statements were false; however, there were "promises" made in the past by other folks at bsw, and they were not fulfilled. that calls into question the validity of supposed updates that were made in the past as well.

i am not challenging your previous lengthy post.

i have been happy with your other products. furthermore, i will most likely wait it out to get this amp if it is released sometime soon and if i do not find a better option.

#206 ·
I really hope this amp becomes a reality sooner rather than later...but I also hope that it is a great product that will make my stage one setup that much better.

#207 ·
I won't get my hopes up....but I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't excited to hear from BSW. I was just thinking today how nice it would be to have a decent amplifier to my stage 1. If I still have my e46 'when' you guys drop this amp on the market I will undoubtedly purchase it.

#221 ·
Since my BM53 got F'ed up i wish this will happen if it will bypass the BM53 functions.

#227 ·
"You know you're a fanatic when you've fully acknowledged the BSW stage 2 amp is never coming out"

Oh wait..wrong thread :D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using BimmerApp mobile app

#229 ·
:read:
:shhh:

;)

All jokes aside, what I posted about a year ago remains true: we are a small company and have limited resources. We want this project done and the product to market more than you guys do; it represents a product that's likely to be very profitable for us.

When we have a final product in hand and we are going to production, we'll let you know. And in the meantime, we aren't saying a thing -- or giving dates.

So, my advice to those who want an amplifier upgrade is to go another route. We'd love your business, but the reality is we don't have a product to offer you. We hope to, and sooner rather than later, but until we do, go your own way. We're sad to lose your business, but we're not going to make promises we can't keep. We've made that mistake before, and we won't be making it again.

Thanks for your continued support, and your interest even after all this time.

#234 ·
honestly, seriously -- we aren't announcing anything until it's done. Final production sample in hand and done, factory waiting for us to say "go."
i have waited this long....i think i can wait a bit longer.
I have your stage 1.

i will be in line to buy this despite the ridiculously long wait and too-numerous-to-count past delays.

+1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.