E46 Fanatics Forum banner

A big hello from PA!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  M-Spec Tuner 
#1 ·
Hello all! Have been scouring the forums for info the past couple days. Picked up my 01 325i with 112,00 miles the other day. I have been suffering the cold start rough idle and stalling and my google searches brought me here. Lots of great info!

#3 ·
Hey I fixed the issues thanks to this great forum. Was throwing code for intake cps. Replaced that. Also replace the cvv lower drain hose. It was severed. Replaced lower intake elbow, and cleaned icv. DISA still had spring tension and flap was intact, so I cleaned and put back. The idle is perfect now. Thanks E46 fanatics!

#4 ·
Hey, just to let you know....

Replacing the fuel filter (and pump) has given my car a boost during gear changes. There was a nearly un-noticeable delay when accelerating again after clutching. The new filter and pump has helped a lot.

This morning was 37F, and it still sounded a little weird (maybe need to check the things you replaced, I already did the cps) but overall a lot quieter and smoother on a cold start.

Hope you're having good times w/ your e46.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.