E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#14,821 ·
What did I do... First off eff ECS Tuning this week, I love them though. They're slow and lazy off vacay. I ordered a camshaft sensor and the O ring, OEM, yada yada, i get it with my kidney grills from a former fanatic -.-. (I have food poisoning btw but I just want to get the crap out of the way.) Turns out :) they sent the WRONG sensor, so I call them and they tell me I have to buy a new one first, then they refund me. I'm $20 on my card because of the dang price on the thing..... Whatever, I've never had such little room to get that screw out of the sensor and back in, took me 6 hours of walking back and forth taking breaks, puking out front because I'm guessing my stomach didn't like being bent for so long. Thank god for a good DIY tip that helped me get the screw in. It's midnight, I'm sore and it just got put back. Thank God for extra tools or I'd have no luck because half of them felll at the bottom of the car! The seller of the grills told me they'd fit, so I'm pumped! They didn't fit. I spend $45 on shlit. Anyone interested? Could use a few prayers to get better! :) Moral of the story, I shouldn't have even bothered removing the sensor.
Are they for a preface lift sedan or facelifted one? And I'm guessing they are matte black?

#14,829 · (Edited)
Looks good!

What was your method of stopping the rattles? I have a few that are driving me crazy, too.
For the rear deck I used the bolt method - I've heard of others using tennis balls

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/262483/2000-bmw-3-series/page-2/

With my passenger door, a plastic clip had broken inside and fell out when I pulled the door cover off. Replaced the clip, no rattle.

With the driver door, I found that the rattle was coming from the door cover vibrating against the door itself. Wedged some adhesive foam strips between the door and door cover.

#14,833 · (Edited)
new display?
E46's are wired for the OBC display, they all have the components for it, every screen is ready for it. But it was a pricey option, and simply disabled on my car. $25 on ebay for a BC blinker/indicator stalk with the extra button on it, remove the steering wheel, replace the stalk. From there, a reflash using EasyDIS. The install was really easy, the flash took a while because I had to reconfigure everything when I downgraded from DIS v57 to v44.. Anyway, I'm super happy about it, MPG, Miles left in the tank, and outside temp! I think if more people knew about this mod, everyone would be doing it!

#14,834 ·
E46's are wired for the OBC display, they all have the components for it, every screen is ready for it. But it was a pricey option, and simply disabled on my car. $25 on ebay for a BC blinker/indicator stalk with the extra button on it, remove the steering wheel, replace the stalk. From there, a reflash using EasyDIS. The install was really easy, the flash took a while because I had to reconfigure everything when I downgraded from DIS v57 to v44.. Anyway, I'm super happy about it, MPG, Miles left in the tank, and outside temp! I think if more people knew about this mod, everyone would be doing it!
I totally thought the OBC was a standard feature. I love it.

#14,837 ·
Awesome info! I think I know what I'll be doing soon. :)

I've had this little piece stored away for a while now.

#14,839 ·
Awesome info! I think I know what I'll be doing soon. :)

I've had this little piece stored away for a while now.
Ps.. just remove the stalk, comes off easy, no need to replace the ring part :)

#14,840 ·
Plugged my driver rear sunroof drain back in. Leaking bad in the rain

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App