E46 Fanatics Forum banner

6 years later....My First E46 M3

6K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Verooom 
#1 ·
Well my love affair with this car is now fulfilled. Got 31 mpg highway coming back from the dealer, my 325 gets about 34-35 high way, not too bad for twice the power :thumbsup: Seriously tho, my life might be complete.

2003.5 with 70k miles 6MT

Now, I must replace or zip tie my passenger side window regulator and fix my drivers side mirror glass, as it rattles past 40MPH. :facepalm:

See less See more
#3 ·
Beautiful car :thumbup:

I have a few questions because I'm also looking to buy an e46 M3.

How long did you shop around for this car? What was the price range for the ones you were interested in?

Were you trying to avoid buying a modded M3? I found a few close to me but some were heavily modded, I'd rather buy close to stock.

#4 ·
Congratulations! I've owned my E46 M3 since brand new 11 years ago. If you continue to maintain your E46 M3, it will treat you very well.

Enjoy it and have fun! :thumbup:

I'm not sure what your budget is. If you are looking for only pristine and well maintained stock E46 M3s, I would check out www.enthusiastauto.com

Their prices are a bit higher than the average used M3 out there. Knowing that they only buy/sell top condition cars may be worth it to you. This is pretty much as close as you're going to get to buying a "like brand new" used E46 M3.

#7 ·
Yup, and it really does help to go see them in person, the pictures of the car I bought weren't very good. I went to see the car with just the intention of a test drive and ended up falling in love. It sounds silly but you'll know the second you drive it's the right car. (I drove 6 before this one).

This was only my second car purchase (I'm 23 and have been driving my 325ci for the last 6 years doing all the maintenance myself). I taught my self a lot about BMWs and screwed a lot of things up the first time on my 325, but then got it right the second time, parts a were much cheaper than for the 325, definitely a great learning experience. Without owning the 325 and doing all the work myself, there is no way I could afford this car other wise. I can afford all the maintenance parts but not the labor, hopefully I'll have as much fun with this car as my other (Still trying to talk my parents into letting me keep two cars...I've probably spent 100+ hours under that 325, it's hard to let go.

Sorry for my rambling, and good luck with your search, I found craigslist the best place to look for cars, usually people list them in hopes of a quick sale or because they are in financial difficulty and must sell the car.

#8 ·
Beautiful car bro the color suit it's style.. I wish I can get E46 M3; Unfortunately I'm currently stuck with my E46 323i sedan that is heavily modded; I want to move on to something else but it is so hard to let go a good car )= how do you people manage to sell your babies after bumping crap loads of money into it and jump into something new ?? my head is such in a jam right now :s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.