E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My ESS TS2 install, it all starts NOW! :)

54K views 337 replies 30 participants last post by  fmzip 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you may know, I purchased Elio's TS2 kit. For those who haven't been following along:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518834

Had my baseline dyno run today. After the first pull and smoke coming out of the left rear wheel,maybe the strap was on the exhaust. :yikes:Hmmm.

Second run, coming to the end car maxs out at 150hp now theres flames shooting out of my caliper wtf?? :hmm:Jack up the car, wheel spins freely. Maybe the ebrake was stuck.

Next run, coming to an end the rotor is glowing red, real nice red flames coming out of my caliper.....:censor:
Take the wheel off, brake pads look fine. Take my brand new cross drilled rotor off that is now a nice glazy looking color, what do we find??? The smoldering remains of the ebrake pad....clean everything up, here's the results. One run in 4th, one in fifth. I guess these first runs all should have be done in 4th since it hits top speed in 5th before it hits redline, duh! Such a noobie on this stuff but oh well! Does this look normal/good? Car has 68K on it completely stock....old plugs, coils, fuel filter and fuel pump. All these items will be replaced in the process.

See less See more
#108 · (Edited)
Stuart, that picture of the unit on the exhaust side was to show where the vaccum line begins. It connected to the bottom side of the OEM intake.

Dave and I went to Autozone and picked up some vaccum fittings. They obviously need to connect somewhere, we're assuming the vacuum fitting on the TS2 labeled "EGR and exhaust flap", leaving the vaccum line for the fuel pressure regulator independant of everything.

Hopefully ESS can chime in for a defintive answer

#109 ·
Thanks Fran i'm glad to be a part of this, the unit fits nice and snugg as it should. A few more little things and your ready to go..... Dont forget about the silicone coupler ill have to stop by and grab that so I can fab up what we talked about.

Talk to you soon.

Dave

#111 ·
Dont worry we will def get that taken care of. I think I have all the material for it if not ill order some up tommorrow. I think the sleeve will match nicely with the lip of the SSR GT3's after a little polishing.

#113 ·
Ohh oh is this a challenge ??? Hmmmm... I know I have some heavy duty aluminum foil somewhere. LOL ... Dont worry its all Under Control.

#116 ·
The vacuum line in picture #1 connects to the electric valve in picture #2. I think its called the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve.

The black and white checkvalve in picture #2 connects to the lower vacuum line coming off the back of the intake manifold. The one with the T-fitting in it. One side of the T-fitting is for the check valve and the other is for your exhaust flap valve shown in picture #4

The hose in picture #3 goes to the upper vacuum hose on the intake manifold marked Original Fuel Pressure Regulator.

#119 ·
Hope all is well Fran lets get this thing finished up you know you would have rather had the top down driving to work today ??? Its like 80 Deg outside and not a cloud in the sky......

Dave

#124 · (Edited)
Ahhhhhhhhhhh....figured it out! The EGR valve actuator is snapped! The EGR valve vaccum line connects to this acuator and then the ACTUATOR vaccum line connects to the manifold.

This would have been a vaccum leak!

Thanks for the help guys, forced me to look real hard at it!

Guess I will need to get a new one ASAP

Dave....I'll give you a buzz this weekend.

#127 ·
Sounds good Fran im glad you looked over everything before getting everything together and then finding a problem...

Dave

#139 ·
FYI, I have the hole drilled as it is required for the TS3 kit. The Performance BMW intake costs a pretty penny, so AJ said it wasn't worth it and just instructed us to have the airbox drilled.

BTW, what email address are you emailing AJ at? I have sent him a couple of emails, but have yet to hear back from him. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.