There it is, the build has started... :evil:

I will use ethanol instead of racefuel.

I have received these today ....

a

See less See more
#270 ·
That's one way to do it, lol

#277 ·
Cheers the long wait is coming to an end hopefully.
I wish luck to both other turbo Z4M owners.
Thanks for the consistent support i appreciate that.

So no more ABS and dash?
Both will be working bro.

That's one way to do it, lol
:evil:

Or DBW, or VANOS.

I suspect he is building something HE will be comfortable tuning.
Well there are advantages and disadvantages for not using vanos. For my situation i believe i am better off without it. I wonder how bad the spool of the turbo will be effected. I have a smaller intercooler than HPF M3's but i guess we still can get a idea about it. I will also try it with same level of ignition timing as HPF cars.

Isi sanslar :)
Tesekkurler :)

With HPF's loss of their own tuning...it feels like they're out of the game. I would imagine John Reed has his own business keeping him busy enough and probably doesn't have the time to devote on a contract only basis...can't blame Basar for being fed up that's for sure. He's been more than patient.

Yeah, i hope they solve it soon. One other reason i choose this route is i didnt want wasted spark system. Hopefully my ignition coils wont get hot as the HPF cars.

#275 ·
With HPF's loss of their own tuning...it feels like they're out of the game. I would imagine John Reed has his own business keeping him busy enough and probably doesn't have the time to devote on a contract only basis...can't blame Basar for being fed up that's for sure. He's been more than patient.

#292 · (Edited)
It was going all good then oil scavange pump failed :mad:

I need a new pump :( I wonder how it failed so early?
:idea: It's because you aren't running the HPF AEM! Oh and now you no longer have a warranty on any of your parts, so that failed scavenge pump isn't covered :read:

All joking aside (or not :confused:), I would add an oil drain sump for the turbo along with a new pump.

#301 ·
Scavange pump fixed.

Vanos removed.

Drive by wire removed. The oem ecu problem is solved.

18 lbs has been removed due to removing vanos and dbw. Lets see how bad will my turbo's spool time will be due to removing vanos. Since it is a race car i dont really care about low rpms.

I will open a new thread soon with a video hopefully.

Stay tuned :evil::evil::evil:

#310 ·
Z4M's ecu is a total problem even the fuel system has its own ecu once you delete vanos and dbw the ecu has no power.

Traction system is disabled right now so does the rpm gauge and oil temp gauge.

i already have installed various temp and pressure gauges so no problem for me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.