E46 Fanatics Forum banner

A/F ratio problem

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TrippinBimmer 
#1 ·
Hello all im having some problems with my A/F ratio. when i started my car my A/F would get dialed in at 14.5 ish then id start driving and it go up to 22 then drop down to 7.4 and stay there. Now it is at 7.4 all the time no matter what. Also it will get up to 6 lbs off boost and then drop down to nothing and im guessing thats just because the car is in limp mode. Im guessing its the O2 sensors. Was wondering what you guys think. Oh and i have an AA stage 2 gen 7 so i just had my tune upgraded when i went to the new manifold so i wasnt thinking it was that.

#3 ·
It is very noticable the car is very sluggish. I had just replace the vanos about a month ago having thought that was the problem seeing as that was the only codes my car was throwing. Now its not throwing any codes. Im just stumped.

#7 ·
There is videos to test your a/f on youtube:) Something about inplugging your sensor and exposing it to open air then putting it in a gas soaked rag.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the help. Just got all the new O2 sensors in the mail. Just waiting on some other stuff to come in the mail before i get it fixed. just gonna rock the bike. Figured id just replace them all prevent this from happening any time soon again. Was wondering what size air filter was for my kit. Wanna get a new one so i can have a swap out and clean the other one and not have to really wait on it. and is there any special tool needed to reset adaptions or can any bmw repair shop normally do it?

#9 ·
well replaced O2 sensors and cleared adaptions, no change. Gonna try and clear off sensor for the wideband and then check for vacuum leaks this weekend. any ideas would be helpful thanks

#10 ·
I would also change Fuel Filter and Check your Fuel Pressure...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.