E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Wide body coming soon!!!

23K views 120 replies 45 participants last post by  Cali Chase 
#1 · (Edited)
This Monday im taking my car to L.A. to finally get the wide body. I just got done taking apart my three piece wheels and putting the new outer barrels on and silicone. That job is painstaking!! haha. I hate rivets!! Unlike most people putting huge lips on the rear and next to nothing on the front (which I think looks a little goofy to me) I decided to keep the front dish close to my rear. I have close to 5 inch in the front and a little bigger than 6 in the rear. Just put MT drag radials on the rears an some cheapies in the front. I will have my car back in 3 weeks with pictures.:woot:

#40 ·
I hope they dressed those cuts on the factory sheetmetal. Looks like a 2 year did the cutting.

Second, the choice of using universal fiberglass fender flares that are not even shaped to fit the body lines?

Widebody is never a cheap proposition, so why have it done cheaply?

#46 ·
Which shop u go to?

#50 ·
Not digging how the rear bumper is tied into the rear quarter, looks to "bubbly"

However I do like how they tied in the rear quarter to the side skirt :thumbup: (might do the same but it will be harder with my Hamman GTR side skirts) the front from what i can see looks to bubbly for me... Does not tapper like the stock e46 body does...

P.S Not hating just letting you know my opinion cuz I know what something like this costs and after spending all that money i'm still not satisfied 100% with my custom rear end, Aslong as you like it that's all that matters! :thumbsup:

#51 · (Edited)
They just started the front fenders and so far it's already really close the drawing I gave them. Also people think the rear part of the car is easy to follow the lines...it's not. Especially with the size of the tires I put. They actually cut the fender and rolled it towards the top of the body line. In my opinion it's close as hell to oem . The cheap flossman kits have really straight fenders. The fenders look like their popin because there not painted. Just be patient.

#52 ·
My widen rear is just as wide or wider and there's no bulky rear bumper action going on lol, It's because they used generic fiber glass pieces instead of fabricating them by hand... Sorry but to me it looks like all the other body kits and not custom but once it's painted I'm sure it will still look good and the main thing is you will have room for those big MT tires

#53 ·
Ok they use universal fender flares, we get that! haha damn. Fiberberglass is fiberglass f@ck!!... Cheap whatever bro. Who the f@#k is gonna pay to have someone fabicate something buy han that could just use a piece of "generic" fiberglass?? Alot time and money wasted if you ask me. Take a look at these pics. The white car and the blue are he same car done buy my body shop and then look at the pic of blue car with the cheap body kit. They sure look the same dont they. yea right. Sure mine is gonna look like all the other kits. What kind of **** you getting on urs Tom.. a space ship?? lol

Attachments

#64 ·
Its done! It just needs to be painted. Im taking it to my friend who is second to none at laying paint down. My friend just asked me, "how many inches did you widen the rear?" He didnt think they chnged it all that much. Ity funny cause by looking at it you wouldnt think it was that much but it was! Alot wider. Its just the way the way they made it look. I wanted that more stock look and thats in my opinion as close as you can get it. The bracket on my exahust broke on my way to L.A., so I will fix it when I get it home.

Attachments

#78 ·
Damn they just sent me a pic and the image I had in my head of how I wanted it to look came to life this morning. Look at how that mouth in the front bumper makes it look like its breathing. Its not even painted and im already satisfied. Way aggresive and I like it. Hope you guys do too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.