E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Finally... Got booked!

9K views 58 replies 22 participants last post by  selien 
#1 ·
So I copped my first speeding ticket in Melbourne and I fear there's ALOT more to come from the same friggin camera.

Got done 107kmh in a 100 zone on the West Gate Freeway just after Millers road exit, where the signs are advising you of the next exit, there's a camera mounted up there, sneaky bastards!.

As the fine went to my Sydney address, i dont have the paperwork, my dad gave me the obligation(??) number which I used to log onto a website, however, there's no picture of the car.

In NSW, you can see the photo that was taken, wondering is there anyway I can do that here?

Also considering its my first traffic fine here, I'm thinking of writing a excuse to get out of it, explaining I'm new in town and got confused with the freeway speed limits or what not, anyone else have a good excuse which may work?

Now.. my brother who is a NSW piggy, tells me, the points don't carry over onto my NSW license but he is not 100% sure on that, can anyone confirm? I thought they did? I know if I don't pay the fine I still risk cancellation of my license due to unpaid fines however.

I'm expecting alot more now, its the way I go to work in the morning and Ive been hooning the last 2 weeks through there :(

See less See more
#40 ·
Ive copped 5 fines since moving here.

3x Speeding (1x dropped)
1x Red light

I can confirm, points do NOT transfer over to my NSW license. Only need to pay the fine. Ill go broke but I aint slowing down while im down here, **** vicsafe and tact.

#50 · (Edited)
Nope, confirmed twice with the RTA who advised me I will NOT be losing points and my brother (whose a NSW cop) who said something changed mid last year and he doesnt think they carry over anymore.
Get it writing and I'll believe it. :rolleyes:

From The NSW Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Act, Section 11
(6) If the Authority receives information about a person from another driver licensing authority under a provision of a law of the other jurisdiction that corresponds to this section, the Authority must take the action it would have taken if the offence had been committed in this State.

That is an Act of Parliament (in writing) - not an interpretation.

#52 ·
in fact the old act which you posted has been repealed and a new re-named one is coming in its place/or has been implemented... So obviously when I spoke to the RTA they knew of the change thats happening....
Still sitting on 4 points mofokuntz~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.