E46 Fanatics Forum banner

RIP e46

8K views 54 replies 35 participants last post by  Jonshmoe 
#1 ·
Car caught fire.. everyone is ok. Will post pics later

#31 ·
Angle eyes tied to the interior lights?

Looks like clearly an electrical fire, most likely something not fused or protected correctly.

#32 ·
All I can do is be thankful that my friend and I are here today. I believe we have an adjustor coming out early this week. I will be sure to keep you guys informed

#33 ·
*******UPDATE*******

Insurance company just settled today. Originally they offered 6400 so we requested to grab some of the working parts off the car and we would take that unless they wanted to give us the KBB and they agreed to give us the KBB. Turned around with a counteroffer today of $9434. We are taking it. Homeowner's insurance wil be giving about $2100 for my camera and other personal items in the car. Could not have been anymore happier.

#40 ·
99% sure it's gonna be another e46 if not it is going to be an e92 or a suv because of the road conditions in Georgia.

I have set aside about 8k in addition to what insurance has given me to look for a e46 m3. I used to want an e9x badly, but after driving my mom and sister's e90s for a couple weeks... They are annoying and I don't care for them.

#39 · (Edited)
Its a bad feeling to let go of the car. Last year mine other car was stolen and the police found after 2 months without the dash, airbags, battery and the headliner was slashed beyond rage. But with the insurance money and topping up some more money I bought my current e46.

Glad the insurance paied you good money and homeowners insurance came up as well. Now with that money time for a new car. Good luck.

#52 ·
They are saying that it was an electrical fire in regards to the A/C. Either a fuse or the AC Motor overheated and had contact with a wire that caused a spark behind the dashboard.

#53 ·
damn, it was totally uncontrollable then. did you smell anything strange before it happened or while driving?? I put a lot of time behind my ride and love every minute of it so i know how you feel man! happy to hear you getting good money for it! got for a M3 for sure but e46 :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.