E46 Fanatics Forum banner
8K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Sergzam 
#1 ·
The BMW Group plans to build a new plant in Brazil. “We welcome the new framework for investments in Brazil, based on the recently adopted “Inovar Auto” legislation. We have submitted an investment proposal for our planned new plant to the Brazilian Government,” said Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management, responsible for Sales and Marketing BMW, at a meeting with Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff in the capital, Brasilia, on Monday.

Subject to final approval of the plans by the Brazilian Government, the goal is for production to begin in 2014. Investments over the next few years will total more than 200 million euros. Plans call for a production capacity of approximately 30,000 vehicles per year. More than 1,000 new jobs will be created at the new production site – as well as additional jobs within the supplier network as a result of the new plant. Negotiations with the State Government of Santa Catarina are already well underway for the new facility in the Joinville region.

“Brazil is a market with tremendous potential for the future for the BMW Group. For that reason, we are strengthening our long-term commitment to this country,” Robertson explained. “This will create the necessary conditions for us to maintain the balance of sales between Europe, Asia and the Americas – and, therefore, for the long-term success of our company. With this move, the BMW Group is applying its strategic principle of ‘production follows the market’, which has already proved successful in markets such as the U.S., China and India.”

The new plant in Brazil will extend the BMW Group’s production network which currently comprises 29 production and assembly facilities in 14 countries. The company has been manufacturing BMW motorcycles at its Manaus location since 2010.

The BMW Group has had a local sales company in Brazil since 1995. A total of 15,214 vehicles were sold in Brazil in 2011. This represents a growth rate of almost 54%. BMW Motorrad also increased its sales by 55% in 2011 to reach a total of 5,442 motorcycles.

See less See more
#5 ·
Brazil FTW :thumbsup: they are finally becoming a stable country, I am Brasilian myself and this is a huge achievement for the country.
Hopefully I'll visit the plant when I go to there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.