E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Maximum PSI E46 M3 turbo kit

37K views 123 replies 49 participants last post by  Dan1983 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

We are near the finish line with our E46 M3 kits. Here are some dyno graphs from this week's testing down in Florida:

Stock S54 with Maximum PSI bolt on kit, stock compression
Technique Tuning programmed DME
93 octane fuel(91 octane cal available)
Precision 6266CEA turbo
Aluminum intake plenum with blow through MAF
Random Technology high flow catted downpipe or optional catless downpipe

The kit will have two exhaust options:
Catted downpipe with functional OBD2 readiness
Catless downpipe with "off road" cal (will not have CEL, but will not pass OBD2 readiness test)

The kit retains the factory MSS54 ECU, albeit reprogrammed to work with the turbo kit. First and foremost, there are no fault codes stored, or hidden, in the ECU. The check engine light will only illuminate when there is a real fault with the system. All of the factory diagnostics are still there and functional.

The next item worthy of mentioning is the lack of external 'boxes' and 'electronics' needed with the kit. There are no oxygen sensor sims, no MAF boxes, etc. The system has been converted to work on one engine bank, and the Bank2 oxygen sensors have been eliminated (see pic below), with no faults or CELs due to them being unplugged.

If you plan on having a track car with no catalytic converter, that option will also be available, and you won't have a CEL for the missing cat. But that also means that the readiness tests WILL NOT be set for the cat or rear O2, so don't expect to pass an emissions test with that setup. That's why it's deemed "off-road, track-only".

If you have any questions related to the software/ECU and its relation to this kit, just ask

I don't want to list any pricing or other info at the moment because we are not currently supporting vendors on the forum. When we are ready to take orders we will restore our vendor status. I just wanted an updated thread to answer questions, etc.

Thanks,
Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
The kit retains the factory MSS54 ECU, albeit reprogrammed to work with the turbo kit. First and foremost, there are no fault codes stored, or hidden, in the ECU. The check engine light will only illuminate when there is a real fault with the system. All of the factory diagnostics are still there and functional.

The next item worthy of mentioning is the lack of external 'boxes' and 'electronics' needed with the kit. There are no oxygen sensor sims, no MAF boxes, etc. The system has been converted to work on one engine bank, and the Bank2 oxygen sensors have been eliminated (see pic below), with no faults or CELs due to them being unplugged.

Thanks,
Mike
^^^ Freaking the best part of all this!!! That damn dyno graph looks sexxy!

#4 ·
I believe Bdave has some current engine bay shots. The new intake was reinforced and re-welded while I was down in FL, so I didn't get it re-powdercoated yet with fresh wrinkle black. The lower IC piping is under the subframe, however it hugs the chassis very nicely. It is 2.5" diameter, and 304SS. The cold side piping is 3" stepping up to a 3.5" MAF tube.

#6 ·
Thanks! It was a group effort!

8psi.

#9 ·
Hey, now! I am waiting to hear from mods what I can and cannot do in this thread.

I was a bit busy, sorry for not checking in sooner. Yes, I have a nice shot of the engine bay (regular photo on my compact Olympus)...a bit over exposed, but you can see everything pretty well.
I am having problems with these huge Panasonic video files. I thought i was shooting in 480p but somehow it was in full 1080i which makes things harder to deal with since I have never dealt with files like this before. I'll figure it out like I always do.
But I really cant' put anything up until I get a go ahead. Sorry, dems the rules!

#16 ·
We just got my car back from FL yesterday. We will have it on the Dyno tomorrow and we will get pics and video.

#25 ·
Just a little update for you guys.

Since we got the shop car back from Nick down in Florida, we decided to throw some 103 into the tank and take it to the dyno. These were the results:

Corrected:

Uncorrected just for fun :) :

With this run we maxed out the injectors at 100% duty cylce.

Here our new tubular header. We have yet to install it on our shop car but plan on swapping manifolds and testing the design. We look forward to the results.

#27 ·
That is catless.

#37 ·
No plans for methanol as a octane booster. We are exploring other fuel options:)

#36 ·
Nope, open t4 with a single 44mm gate. It is identical in looks to our twin scroll e36 headers but with an open collector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.