E46 Fanatics Forum banner
681K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  332 
#1 ·
:eeps:

#4,708 ·
How did everyone's x-drive do in the snow last week?

I drove my wife's E90 in the snow for the first time and I was surprised at how stable & competent it was. Much better than the Maxima sled that it replaced. Of course I was still able to do some power-slides around the neighborhood, but they were all intentional.

#4,709 ·
Hi!

This was the first snow I've driven in my xi, and it rocked! Just picked up an 02' 325xit with sport/premium/winter packages, flew out to Seattle to drive it back last weekend. I previously had a 90' ix, and the AWD systems are clearly quite different, but I'm thrilled so far. Also, I just got a new set of snow tires, it feels unstoppable!

#4,712 · (Edited)
'05 M3 In Colorado

Hi all,
Sorry if this doesn't go to the right place or there's a thread on this already, but I can't seem to find one. As I'm sure all of us know who live a mile high or above, we lose HP by living in this awesome State. Are there some reccomended/proven things to do to try to get some of that HP back? I just got my /05 M3 from EAG in Cinci and it's awesome. I just feel like I'm missing 35-50 HP just from being up here where there's no O2. Thanks for listening, I'll get some pics up soon.

Attachments

#4,726 ·
Emissions w/ headers?

So everything I read has different solutions for this, but if I go aftermarket headers (would love to hear people's opinions on the best options, I'm currently looking at the supersprint stepped headers) what do I need to do to pass emissions? Is that possible? Do I have to put stock headers back on every year to pass emissions? I've heard running with no cats can cause torque loss due to low backpressure and awful smells. Please help?

#4,722 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Got a winter wheel/tire set-up I am selling. Wheels are Sport Edition F-10 17x8 +40 offset. They came off a 135i. The wheels include the TPMS sensors. The wheels themselves are practically brand new, only used for 3 months. The tires have about 60% tread left. They are Blizzak LM-25 Run Flats. Let me know if you are interested by sending a private message. Cash only, must pick up, I live in Downtown Denver. Looking for $600 for everything.

(didn't get photos of my car with the setup but this is a nearly identical one)

#4,729 · (Edited)
So, finally warmed up enough to take the M3 up into the hills a bit. Really, really happy with it. I wasn't originally blown away by the straight-line power, but if I wanted a drag-car I would have bought a drag-car. The balance, steering, brakes, throttle response are all just awesome. Super confidence building with every corner. Super F'in stoked on this ride! Also spent the morning putting in matte-black front and side grills which look AWESOME! Found them at khoalty which someone on this thread suggested, so thanks whoever that was, looks much more sinister and much less yuppie. Next move is rims/tires as I only have a few k left on my current tires. Thouroughly confused by the square set-up thing, I get the pros, but have also read it can "confuse" the M-diff and make the car understeer at turn in and skittish in a straight line. I'm driving mostly street, but will do occasional track days and plan to spend all my free-time in the mountains. Anyone with experience on a square setup in an M3? Tire/wheel size, etc. Thanks guys!

Attachments

#4,730 ·
Thouroughly confused by the square set-up thing, I get the pros, but have also read it can "confuse" the M-diff and make the car understeer at turn in and skittish in a straight line.
???

Square is better handling.

Here is the best tire sizing thread. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=318122

For street tires I still have a staggered setup. For the track, I run 265/35/18. I have a set of spacers for the rear wheels so I can have the same offset wheels and rotate them. I also have adjustable camber plates for the front. With the track tires I add some negative camber, which is better on the track and lets the 265 or 275 tires fit in the front.

If you run square all the time, you will have to figure out what tire width vs. camber vs. toe settings you want.

#4,735 · (Edited)
anyone have some 18x9 or 9.5 ET25-35 wheels their looking to sell locally ?
i'm looking for cheap wheels (just something to put tall tires on so that i can load/unload race car from trailer easier.
stock wheels will work (even two sets of fronts)...
PM or email me (garrett dot walz at gmail)
thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.