E46 Fanatics Forum banner

To lower or not to lower that is my xi ?

10K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  Breakin Newz 
#1 ·
Some have said its not a problem and others have mentioned the xi running into problems such as suspension issues and so forth if you lower...? Please help! Thanks!

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#7 ·
Thanks for the input ..I'm doing it somewhat for the look..I wanted a 19 M staggered 67 wheel and lower, but also I want the handling and performance to be in tact and as good as possible. If staggered 19" wheels with lowering is sacrificing the ride I don't want to. I ordered the style 67 18x8 squared set of wheels, and I'll continue to look into the car and if I should indeed lower or not.

#12 ·
Well for what it's worth I ordered eibach pro kit for e46 xi and bilstein sport shock for xi today and will have them installed this weekend... I'll update my opinions when I test the ride conditions out...

I went with 18x8 squared set of style 67 (4 fronts) here's the pic without shock/springs

Attachments

#14 ·
For me personally, it's not about being an M poser as I could care less. I just don't like that wheel, not even on an M3. But as I said before, to each their own. There are tons of people with your look and if you like it then that's all that matters.

And I know, the point of my post was 3 weeks late but I honestly just glossed over this thread before.

Thug life.

#21 ·
I wanted to keep OEM but after looking around I opted for the pioneer avhp6300bt which is a single din DVD unit that has a USB port on the front that will recognize the iPod or iPhone 5 as well as SD cards and USB sticks. The unit also will charge the device which my alpine wouldn't. It has Bluetooth integration, and the ability to customize the knob and buttons to any color you can imagine. So matching the amber color was simple. It's the little things that matter the most! It didn't hurt that pioneer has it listed for $850 and I payed $415 shipped next day via amazon! Google that model and the second hit is the link on amazon. I highly recommend this radio for anyone who is willing to part with OEM. Oh, and I also kept steering wheel controls...

#26 ·
First impressions after getting car back today is that the setup is amazing. Koni yellow and eibach pro kit is soft for what it is! Very responsive and comfortable. I'm happy. It didn't get as low as I'd hoped, though I didn't want to be slammed. I hope it settles a bit, but I just think the xi sits higher in general and if I wanted to go real low I'd have needed h&r springs.
I'll get better pictures tmrw it was dark by the time I got home from the mechanic!

Attachments

#34 ·
Ok so finally I have my car back. After she sat at the mechanic from Monday night through last Friday I finally moved it all to the body shop. They did well except two things I've noticed and aren't sure if they are a big deal. The trunk isn't lined up as well as I'd initially thought. Once I got home and started swapping tail lights I noticed the driver side is pretty low and the passenger side is a tad low. Also I have condensation in my headlights now and I've never seen that before? I am going to test for leaks tomorrow as its supposed to only be 38° here today and 50° tmrw. Here are some pics for now, as you'll notice I haven't finished the lights.

Attachments

#36 ·
I appreciate it. I wasn't sure what I'd think of the hood. I wanted the bulge with no vents but it was gtr or oem style. I thought it would be too aggressive for the car but now after seeing it doesn't appear to be at all. Yeah I'm going to look into the headlights and trunk. Calling body shop today..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.