E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Ordering P46's

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  weisiong123 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordering DDM P46's

Hi, I'm from Australia. I own a 1999 E46 323i.
I'm after P46's with HID's and angel eyes. I've found DDM to be the cheapest.

So basically going to go with 6000k HID and DDE CCFL angel eyes.

I've heard that it's pretty much plug and play after you get it, but some cars have issues with the HID i.e computer error?
I was wondering if my 99 323i would likely have that problem? How do i avoid this? Is that what the "bulb out warning cancelers" are for, in the last option when ordering? - http://www.ddmtuning.com/e46headlights.html

Also should i take the upgrade to 55W Ballasts? Whats that do?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was wanting a direct answer for my 99 model in case the answer is different.

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
1) Yes you will have bulb out warning but your headlights will still work...but the warning lights are annoying so better to get rid of it.
2) Get 55w..its brighter than 35w...
3) warning cancelers may or may not work with your car, your other option is to hook up a capacitor - search capacitor mod
4) I got my lights from ddm tuning, 6k HID, 6k CCFL angel eyes..good stuff

#4 ·
Thanks for reply. Well I'll be choosing the 99-01 sedan option so why would there be a chance for the canceler to not work? The guys at DDM would therefore know I own a 99 model and send the appropriate canceler right? I mean $40 is a fair bit...

I don't really want to look into to mods I as really have no idea about this stuff, I'll be getting a mechanic to install the p46's and the less work the less cost, labour is too much.

So with 55w ballasts the HID's are considerably brighter? How can they get any brighter if they are already rated at 6000k?

#5 ·
They get brighter because of the wattage output, and also they get sharper vs the regular 35watt. Like its rated at 6000K but the light intensity output is much stronger therefore its brighter.

Now shipping something like that big of a box... to Australia ain't cheap but ask em and see.

Thanks,
Steve
ASPTuning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.