E46 Fanatics Forum banner

OEM CSL Roof install on my M3

30K views 102 replies 40 participants last post by  0-60motorsports 
#1 · (Edited)
Well Guys,

I got a wonderful gift from a good friend and member on here, an OEM CSL roof. He had it lying around at home since last year but didn't get the chance to install it. We came to an agreement and he dropped the roof off at my shop a few weeks ago.

I set about ordering the adhesive, applicator gun and front and rear window seals. Everything arrived in a week but the adhesive took 5 weeks to get here. Thanks to member disapr for the advice on which glue and gun to get.

Some pics.....

Dropping the car off at ekanooracing on Saturday for the install. Thanks so much to ekanoo and staff for the support.

I'll keep the thread updated with as many pics i can during the install.

Might get the BBS CH's refurbished at the same time.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Man, Yup BMW dont make em any more.

#7 ·
Sub'd!

#9 ·
Dropped Darth Vader off at ekanoo racing body shop today as scheduled.....

More updates to come as work starts tomorrow.....

#11 ·
Yes of course ill take pics for you guys as always.

I'll retain the sunroof headliner for now till I can find a used non sunroof one to cover in alcantara.

#12 ·
So here are pics from today with the interior removed and ready to start drilling and grinding away spot welds etc.

This is in order to remove the roof. I have been told from tomorrow they will not be pausing for pics :) So i'll have to make do with any pics I can take when i get a chance to visit the garage.

more updates to come tomorrow.

#14 ·
Cheers. Will do.

#15 ·
UPDATE:

OEM Sun Roof panel is off......

Test Fitting OEM CSL CF roof....

Center Support Bow for cars without sunroof installed and welded on....

Interior all wrapped to protect from any damage......

Some close up of the drilled out tac welds.....

Clamps, Adhesive, locked and loaded in the gun.....ready to move forward with the install of the roof.....

Sound deadening for the roof....

#16 ·
My Complete OEM CSL Interior.....

The Beautiful OEM CSL Roof lying there waiting to be glued on to the car.....

Darth Vaders waaaiitttiiinnggg.....

Cleaned the roof from the inside with alcohol to prep the surface for bonding. It is beautiful how BMW have markings underneath to help align the roof with the car and center support beam....

Applying the SEM adhesive....

Then the roof becomes one with the car.....

Interior goes in tomorrow after the cars had about 24 hours of no moving etc. Wheels wont be painted this time but will get them done in a few weeks.

More pics to come tomorrow....hopefully :)

Oh and just to let you guys know i had SO MUCH FUN standing around in 115f, 70% humidity taking pics :)

#18 ·
Thanks man

#20 ·
Don't worry the EVOLVE one gets released soon.

#24 ·
Pics of what?

#26 ·
Ah look above. The roof has been installed already.

#29 · (Edited)
Well its around a 2-3k for the job in the States? I paid a good price thanks to ekanoo racing.

#32 ·
Thanks Bud.

#33 ·
Thanks. The headliner for now will be a hack job style one. I need to find a used non sunroof headliner and I have already started the search. As soon as I find one I'll order the OEM color alcantara and cover the headliner and A,B,C pillars.

#35 ·
Thanks, Yeah me too. Hopefully more pics to come today.

#37 ·
LOL thanks. Yeah search for their thread on M3F. The fit and finish is OEM!

#38 ·
UPDATE:

All done and it looks amazing......

I would like to say a big thank you to ekanoo and ekanoo racing for helping put my worries aside of having the roof installed.

I will update with more pics in 2 days with some more pics as tomorrow im busy all day plus the detailers are coming back for a wash and wax for the car. The car feels a bit more nimble. I feel it needs to have the height adjusted on the front by lowering it 5mm more and a good corner balancing.

#41 ·
#43 ·
No,the oem roof comes clear coated uv protected from the factory. I do plan on getting a clear bra for it next week.

#45 ·
Of the oem Csl interior or the headliner? The headliner is the sunroof headliner for now till I can find a used non sunroof one locally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.