E46 Fanatics Forum banner

OEM CSL Roof install on my M3

30K views 102 replies 40 participants last post by  0-60motorsports 
#1 · (Edited)
Well Guys,

I got a wonderful gift from a good friend and member on here, an OEM CSL roof. He had it lying around at home since last year but didn't get the chance to install it. We came to an agreement and he dropped the roof off at my shop a few weeks ago.

I set about ordering the adhesive, applicator gun and front and rear window seals. Everything arrived in a week but the adhesive took 5 weeks to get here. Thanks to member disapr for the advice on which glue and gun to get.

Some pics.....

Dropping the car off at ekanooracing on Saturday for the install. Thanks so much to ekanoo and staff for the support.

I'll keep the thread updated with as many pics i can during the install.

Might get the BBS CH's refurbished at the same time.

See less See more
#60 ·
yeah it sure was but not difficult for these guys.
Incredible love the CSL Roof :drool:
Cheers
Welcome to the CSL roof club :pimpin:
Although mine is Vorsteiner :(

Dude your car is too nice now. I'd be afraid to drive that thing :eek:
LOL Thanks bro, I always am.
I know I already posted on your thread on L4P but again, LOVE THE ROOF!. Looks badass and it's weight reduction!.
Thanks Bro.
:bow: am i the only one who would consider NOT reinstalling the headliner after doing this? Even the underside of that thing is sexy
I know. I wonder if that 4000 on the underside means 4000 pieces of the roof have been made.
Gorgeous.
Thanks.
The fit and finish on an OEM roof panel is truly stunning, this coming from someone familiar to the world of Auto Body repair. That shop looks like a triple A+ business as well. You win all the internetz this month. :thumbup:
Cheers. ekanoo Racing did an awesome job
baller :drool:
:thumbup:
Work extremely well done on all accounts. The car is very well done as well. Perfect wheels.
Thank you :)

#59 ·
Thanks to Admins for making this front page on the E46F home page :)

#61 ·
Congrats bro... Your car deserves it more than mine ***55357;***56845;

#63 ·
And Ladies & Gents i give you the member who made the roof land in my lap. Thanks Muath Bro. God Bless you.

Your car will be ready in a few weeks too :)

#65 ·
Thanks.

God knows what the truth is behind BMW stopping production. I think they have made maybe like a thousand pieces and just put them away for certain genuine cases where a Real CSL's roof does get damaged.

#67 ·
Thanks bro. Never got it, decided to stay oem. Will get the diffuser though.

#70 ·
Cheers bro.

#73 ·
Dropped the ///M off at LLUMAR BAHRAIN (Ekanoo) For the clear film protection on the roof. Too afraid of it getting scratched by stone chips etc....

Its weird how the car feels lighter. Did anyone else feel the car handled differently after the sunroof to CF roof swap? I can see that the height needs adjusting again as it looks like the cars sitting slightly higher now.

#74 ·
Crazy. I wanted this for the longest time, but like you said neither BMW nor Vorsteiner sells it anymore. I think I might have to just go with a steel roof.

It's funny how 50lbs off the back seats or something doesn't make much of a difference, but 50lbs off the roof does (dues to center of gravity).

Anyways awesome mod buddy, looks great!

#75 ·
Thanks bro. You really should try and get the EVOLVE CF roof. It's super OEM quality, fit and finish.

#77 ·
That car was beautiful from the start. This made it better. Those shops look like they do great quality work. I must apologize, as I was biased, believing that shops in the middle east just chopped things up and rigged everything. I am completely wrong. I would kill to have a shop like those around here. Freakin Americans wouldn't put plastic on the doors and all that, nor have a shop that looks 1/4 as good as that.

Well done, well done. Can't wait to visit Bahrain.

#78 ·
Thank you Sir. ekanoo racing is absolutely fantastic. If you add them on instagram @ekanooracing you'll see what kind of cars ek works. on. They truly are blessed with the best facilities and skilled labor in the country or even the middle-east.

#79 ·
Got her back today from LLUMAR. Amazing job with the clear film on the roof. Cant even notice it, not even up close. I know many of you said to remvoe the sharkfin but I kind of like it up there plus its too much hassle....

Pics from today....

Also, I feel the car needs to be lowered a tiny bit up front. I'll try and do that this week.

#80 ·
I wish I could get a CF piece for the hardtop on the convertible M3's. I seen it done once and it looked awesome.

#82 ·
Thanks bro. That's a VCSL bumper with race lip.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using BimmerApp mobile app

#84 ·
Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.