E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Solaris Invisibulbs - suck?

4K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  roller84 
#1 ·
Hey, i bought a set of Solaris invisibulbs from bimmian, ide say 3 months ago, installed on my car, yay great - today one blinker already went out, to me this seems like a huge let down, i spent over 60 dollars on these bulbs and one has already gone out, SUCKS

now its time to save up for some LEDs, really pissed with these solaris bulbs and i think its B**Sh** that they are already starting to blow....
any pros/cons with you guys with LEDs? how hard was it to install the resisitors that heat up?
:bawling: :bawling:

thanks guys

#3 ·
they dont last very long..i even got the rear license plate ones and one blew out about 2 months later and i got a ticket for it...so not only did i have to get another bulb (just bought crappy oem style ones) but also had to deal with a ticket for it.

#8 ·
My two front ones went, and after seeing that I needed to pay a ridiculous amount in shipping for a company that is one province away I decided to go with SPP's Silvervisions, which should be arriving on monday :D

#12 ·
Just had my first Solaris blub go out last night :thumbdwn:

Where can I find these "Silvervision" blubs?

#14 ·
You guys may want to check if the bulb is making contact in the socket. I have a full set of Solaris bulbs and had issues with the bulbs going out in the front and rear. It seems as if the base of the bulb is not designed like the stock ones. I believe there may be an issue with it being a bit short in length. I noticed that the bulb did not sit snug in the socket. I would then wiggle the bulb around and it would turn on and off. A quick fix that I did was to put a good amount of solder on the very tip of the base of the bulb and haven't had issues since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.