E46 Fanatics Forum banner

260 rwhp 323i 99 e46 with orig motor and no super charger!

86K views 272 replies 62 participants last post by  TrippinBimmer 
#1 ·
Hello all it has been a long ardiuos road, but i finally got the call today from Evosport! Put down 260 rwhp with a 99 e46 323i orig motor! no supercharger, but instead a custom turbo gt 35r with a pectel stand alone! dinan free flow exhaust, all custom piping and oil feed lines by Evosport! Huge thanks to Dale and Brad from Evosport for your time and patience, i have heard alot of good things about their customer service and i would say Brad has matched every one of them! I will have pics of the dyno and the set up in the next week or so as i am going to Cali to pick up my car:str8pimpi
Any questions ask away!

#37 ·
ya i am aware of the tt kit for the 330i. Im not sure about the tuning. that is what i am worried about and i am not going to dare put the kit on without figuring out the programming first. I am looking at trying out a standalone system but i am just not convinced of it. I have been searching all over the internet for someone who knows how i should go about this. But no luck so far :(

#38 ·
go to the bimmerforums fi section to learn more about standalones that can actually deal with double vanos- and how well it all runs, and how much they love it over the stock dme. I further recommend that you ask Rito, who has an AEM standalone on his m54 about how easy it is to tune or to find someone to tune it. good luck

#44 ·
Sorry there have been no pics i still have not gotton the car back from evo sport in cali, i am now getting the clutch upgraded, and i am thinknig i should just get the bottom end upgraded and turn up the boost!
This is not a lie nor a joke i am not that bored in life that i would come on here to try and lie to a bunch of people i do not even know! There will be pics, and for people in mn you can come check out the car when i get it back. Or if you really do not believe me call EVOSport

#52 · (Edited)
We'll need some pics soon.... (or im going to call EvoSport like you suggested)

Seriously though, do you REALLY think 650+ WHP is something youre going to be doing? i would FOR SURE sell that monster and go with an HTA 30R. They spool so very quickly (and make close to 35R power). i had one on a 1.8 liter motor and it was great!!

This turbo is WAAAAYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOO big.

#54 ·
I'd have to agree with this...the 35r will be nowhere near its full efficiency range even when running 12-14psi as those turbos live for 24-30.

I had one on my Eclipse (2.0l) and made 450whp on low boost (22psi) and it was well over 500 on high boost, but if your not looking for those numbers grab a smaller turbo so it can spool faster. Either way sweet build and I look forward to seeing some pics.:hi:

#59 ·
If you are going to buy an 89.6mm stroke crank, it's likely to be connected to a set of OEM 135mm rods to start with. I'd use that crank, OEM rods, and some lower compression pistons. That will take you easily above 400rwhp.

The cost of those parts is going to be dwarfed by labor, machine work, and supplies to pull your engine, rebuild it, and re-install it.

#62 ·
here is an update engine block sent to machine shop, car is at body shop getting repainted Byzanz bmw color code 355. I got all the new parts, crank etc! waiting for machine shop to finish, and body shop to return car. Then all that is left is rebuild bottom end put engine back in, and have it tuned! Also here are the pics i promised!

Attachments

#68 · (Edited)
I really like the execution of that stock motor mount. Unique to say the least.
I've enjoyed seeing cars with open dump wastegates and really big inline mufflers. It makes for an extreme duality between the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hide.

Looks like you're about to make some big power.
CP pistons! Arrow rods! Cometic gasket. I've never heard of these gaskets being used, excited to see how this develops. What clutch is that? Do you think it'll hold?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.