E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#12,121 ·
^all set for a good cooling system refresh...!!!

Doesn't your car have fan clutch???
It won't when I'm done with it.
:evil:

awesome, schlag. as long as the spirit of mango comes OVER you and not ON you. all is good. :lmao: and damn sales tax! :banghead:
Yeah that can get messy I've heard. lol

Yeah the gub'ment sho do take a bite don't she.:ben:

#12,126 ·
Got most of parts in today to do vanos fix on my 328i, have everything laid out on table and guide printed. Just waiting on 3 more tools and my craftsman torque wrench. Gotta torque that shit, do it right or go home ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using Bimmer App

#12,127 ·
Doing it right would be using a snap on torque wrench ;) haha It's an easy job but yet so rewarding. Take it easy (easy acceleration under 3k) for 250 miles or so then let her rip. Its hard not to lay into it, but worth it.

#12,128 ·
Doing it right would be using a snap on torque wrench ;) haha It's an easy job but yet so rewarding. Take it easy (easy acceleration under 3k) for 250 miles or so then let her rip. Its hard not to lay into it, but worth it.
Ya Snap on would be nice, But I wanted nice torque wrench but not break bank at same time given I gotta maintain two bmws lol.

#12,130 ·
<3

I hadn't realized that these seals were that big.

Just in time for the oil change in 400mi and the sea foam treatment 200 til.

Finally can get this issue taken care of with 219K on the clock.

Nice, that is in my ToDo's list ...
But here in Mexico is hard to find a good deal :banghead:...

Any advise in where to get a set?

#12,131 ·
Nice, that is in my ToDo's list ...
But here in Mexico is hard to find a good deal :banghead:...

The only place, beisansystems.com

#12,134 ·
#12,136 ·
Originally Posted by Kracingti<br />
Nice, that is in my ToDo's list ... <br />
But here in Mexico is hard to find a good deal :banghead:... <br />
<br />
The eBay versions claim to be made from the newer material.. But I don't think anyone actually has evidence to support that.

Beisan systems are owned by the guys who identified the cause of the problem, and found a way to fix it first. So I went with them.

I looked at the eBay versions for a while, and got beat out on eBay again for Beisan products that owners never installed before selling their car.

Actual Beisan products showing up on eBay doesn't happen very often.

I'd go with the Beisan route, $65 for some seals sounds like a lot, but you'll spend that much in gaskets if you have to do it again due to using a potentally inferior product from eBay.

#12,138 · (Edited)
The eBay versions claim to be made from the newer material.. But I don't think anyone actually has evidence to support that.

Beisan systems are owned by the guys who identified the cause of the problem, and found a way to fix it first. So I went with them.

I looked at the eBay versions for a while, and got beat out on eBay again for Beisan products that owners never installed before selling their car.

Actual Beisan products showing up on eBay doesn't happen very often.

I'd go with the Beisan route, $65 for some seals sounds like a lot, but you'll spend that much in gaskets if you have to do it again due to using a potentally inferior product from eBay.
Would the loss in hp and torque that they mention really be that noticeable? Seems unlikely

The guy i bought it off of just had the BMW inspection II done. I googled it and cant believe everything that it covers. Hopefully im good to go for a while.

#12,140 ·
In some instances the difference is very noticeable, in others not so much. It depends on the degredation of your current seals. Also, these seals are not something that BMW officially acknowledges. So that is not covered under Inspection II.
Hmm, might be something I need to check out then, ive got 117,000 miles