E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Official 818 SFV Meet Thread

85K views 614 replies 71 participants last post by  Supercar Ace 
#1 ·
Fellow Fanatics,

I'm putting the call out to all the BMW guys in the 818. I've been scanning the boards and haven't seen any recent action on this side of the hill. Let's get something up and going!

How about a meet up on Thursday 7/22/10 say 8pm?

#212 ·
UPDATE: Meeting Location change for tonight!

Since we're heading east and most of us live that way anyways, we're changing up the meeting location to here:

Gelson's Market, Sherman Oaks
4520 Van Nuys Boulevard, CA 91403

http://maps.google.com/maps?near=4520+Van+Nuys+Boulevard,+CA+91403-2913+(Gelson%27s+Markets)&geocode=CQAWcm9kTUFvFc4lCQIdL6Lw-CHk8TK0Rbr7cw&q=Gelson%27s&f=l&gl=us&hl=en&dq=gelsons+sherman+oaks&ie=UTF8&hq=Gelson%27s&hnear=&ll=34.15357,-118.446093&spn=0.004031,0.010504&z=17

The meet time and dinner location are still the same. see you guys tonight! :thumbsup:

#220 ·
Well 42k on a new car, but thats besides the point. A BMW out of warrenty is usually always a bad idea.

So at this point I figured I wanted to start getting a new car every 3 years or so. So I have just started leasing rather than buying. Put that together that with about $1500 I have a car that will be faster than a supercharged M3 running 360whp and 420wtq...and I think I made a pretty good decision.

#225 ·
Who would be interested in doing a movie night gathering on Wednesday, May 4th to watch the "Fast Five" movie, the newest sequel to the original "The Fast and the Furious" movie?

We can meet at a TBD location, then cruise to Arclight Theater in Sherman Oaks (Ventura Blvd and Sepulveda Blvd) and after go to Townhouse Grille (right next door) for food and drinks -- whoever wants to stick around and discuss the upcoming ///M3 photoshoot on May 7th!

If you're interested please let me know!

Thanks!

#227 ·
#229 ·
Wednesday May 11th, 8pm. Location: Topanga Promenade North East Lot (Erwin & Owensmouth)

Meet here at 8pm, then we can cruise out for dinner at 8:30pm or so.

Buddha's Belly(Santa Monica)

Weather has been pretty good recently, oddly enough not this week though but I figure it should be good enough to warrant a nice cruise out to Santa Monica. We can take Topanga Canyon all the way to PCH and cruise there via PCH, same with the way back, although we may choose an alternative route back.

Meet Here: Topanga Promenade (google maps)

Destination: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...Broadway,+Santa+Monica,+California+90401&z=17

The plan:
1. Meet up
2. Responsible cruising to dinner
3. Eating and good times!
4. Plan the next meet!

If anyone wants to just meet us directly at the restaurant, then please do the more the merrier! We should be getting there at around 9ish. Spread the word all auto enthusiasts are welcome!

Feel free to PM me if you plan to come but may run late.

#230 ·
Thursday May 19th, 8pm. Location: Topanga Promenade North East Lot (Erwin & Owensmouth)

Meet here at 8pm, then we can cruise out for dinner at 8:30pm or so.

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse (Woodland Hills)

I have been craving pizza, but there are other delicious options at BJ's. It's been a while since we last visited this fine establishment, and high time we returned.

Meet Here: Topanga Promenade (google maps)

Destination: 6424 Canoga Ave. Woodland Hills, CA 91367

The plan:
1. Meet up
4. Plan the next meet!

If anyone wants to just meet us directly at the restaurant, then please do the more the merrier! We should be getting there at around 9ish. Spread the word all auto enthusiasts are welcome!

Feel free to PM me if you plan to come but may run late.

(also posted here)

#238 · (Edited)
Sunday May 22nd, 2:30pm. Location: Topanga Promenade North East Lot (Erwin & Owensmouth by Macy's)

Meet here at 2:30pm, then we can go on a canyon drive at 3pm or so.
[URL="http://www.moonshadowsmalibu.com/bluelounge/bl.html"]
Moonshadows (Malibu)
[/URL]

Alright people it's canyon driving time! We'll be meeting up and the heading out for some canyon cruising, and after wards we'll be hitting up Moonshadows in Malibu for some food/drinks!

PLEASE DRIVE RESPONSIBLY! The canyons have CHP patrols and not to mention there are many tight turns, so please be careful! We all want to have fun and we don't want to see anyone get a ticket or damage their vehicle. So please be smart!

Meet Here: Topanga Promenade by Macy's (google maps)

Destination: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=moonshadows+malibu&fb=1&gl=us&hq=moonshadows&hnear=0x80e81da9f908d63f:0x93b72d71b2ea8c5a,Malibu,+CA&cid=0,0,17928044377397284800&sqi=2&ll=34.038738,-118.618569&spn=0.008179,0.021007&z=16&iwloc=A

The plan:
1. Meet up
2. Responsible cruising through the canyons
4. Plan the next meet!

If anyone wants to just meet us directly at the restaurant, then please do the more the merrier! We should be getting there at around 4ish. Spread the word all auto enthusiasts are welcome!

Feel free to call me if you plan to come but may run late.

#246 · (Edited)
Wednesday June 8th, 8pm. Location: Topanga Promenade North East Lot (Erwin & Owensmouth by Macy's)

Meet here at 8pm, then we can cruise to dinner at 8:30pm or so.

Townhouse Kitchen+Bar

Alright people it's 50 cent wing night! We'll be meeting up and the heading out for some serious wing eating! We'll be keeping it local and on the cheap side this week, since next week we have plans to go big :) I've asked the chef to see if he'll bring out some bacon-buffalo specialty wings for us, so hopefully he will!

Meet Here: Topanga Promenade by Macy's (Google Maps)

Destination: Townhouse (Google Maps)

The plan:
1. Meet up
4. Plan the next meet!

Feel free to call me if you plan to come but may run late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.