E46 Fanatics Forum banner

2005 IB ZCP M3 Build

43K views 153 replies 83 participants last post by  @mir 
#1 ·
I decided that it's time to start a journal for my 05 IB/Nappa ZCP smg. :thumbsup2: I've had her since January 26 and have been loving it since! I told myself I'd hold off on the mods for about a year, but we all know how that goes ;)

Current Mods:
-Black Grills/side vents/M3 emblem
-45% tint
-Depo Smoked Corners/sidemarkers
-LED turn signals/sidemarkers/reverse/license plate
-6000k low beams
-6000k Orion V2s
-SS Race Muffler
-Aftermarket headers
-Ground Control D/A (500f/550r)
-V-csl Double sided CF diffuser
-V-csl Double sided CF bootlid
-V-csl Dvwp bumper w/ CF race lip
-VRS Double sided CF GTR hood
-VRS CF valve cover
-CF Race diffuser
-Volk Racing Magnesium Blue TE37 19x8.5et35 & 19x10.5et25
-Blue Ray Eng. Extended lugs/valve stems
-60mm extended studs
-Brembo 380mm 6pot/ 345mm 4pot BBK
-CF ballast cover, intake plenum, ecu cover, cabin filter cover
dash trim, door handles, mirror covers, door sills, smg dome
-EuroKoncepts csl center console
-Recaro PP black velour
-Recaro sliders/side mounts/rails
-Macht Schnell Floor mounts

The night I picked her up in Irvine, Ca :drool:

Stayed in Socal for the weekend until she was driven back to the Bayarea

First mods:

Orion V2 install:

installed with HID fogs(last pic)

Filling up gas along with my dad's e39 m5:

SS Race muffler that was dropped off last week from a forum member(Thanks a ton Daniel!!):

Things I picked up from bimmerfest over the weekend:

Next up:
-VCSL Diffuser
-15mm spacers for the front and 12mm spacers for the rear to eliminate that awful gap!!

See less See more
#27 ·
ok I opened the thread and had no idea what I was getting myself into. holy fvcking sh!t that's insane!!!! WOW on the interior. Love what you did with the stiching. I don't even know where to start on how sick that car is. wow. just wow. Just when I thought I've seen it all.....

#38 ·
I wonder this about so many people on the board haha. I mean his dad just bought a Aston Martin after he sold his e39 M5 so maybe his family is just wealthy and worked hard for their money. Not saying OP didn't work/work hard for his money; or saying that he was just fed with a silver spoon in his mouth, but it's crazy how hard work pays off. I worked hard to make the money I have now an was close to buying a M3 but I realized my priorities and I have my WHOLE life to own my very own PERSONALIZED M3 brand new when I'm done with school and have a good job. Makes sense eh? I'm sure MOST of us will be successful eventually though, patience is a virtue :)

#69 ·
Thank you!! Means a lot!!
Thanks!
+1, that looks incredible!!! :excited:
Thanks bro, stay tuned for more updates!!
Not really a fan of the little add ons, i.e. badges, emblems, and certain color schemes. I do like the hardware added though, diffuser, FI, and suspension. I bet it's pretty fun to drive. Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks man appreciate it!
holy ****
;)
if you didn like IB before.....how could you not now? :drool:
Wasn't my first choice, but I'm definitely glad I went with it :)
wow...perfect....love the interior!!! Amazing job...great taste!!!

I like the supra..any more pictures of it? Please report back on the VF kit as well...
Thanks sir!! LOVE the VF kit, excellent customer services as well. The stage 2 kit is just what the car needs :)

It's a wide body ITB'd setup. http://www.stancenation.com/2010/10/27/lrg-soup-itb-toyota-supra/

Between Bimmerfest and new, he got a supercharger just a few weeks ago; interior and Brembos were sometime last year just after Bimmerfest.
:D what he said!
How about this. "YOU'RE" attitude is tacky. It's obvious "YOUR" a purist. Stick to your OEM styling and you'll see the kid wouldn't bash your intent. Let the kid enjoy his money. Personally, he's one of the most humble kids I know on the street. He's very helpful, mellow, and yet making a stamp for himself in a very amiable way. Bottom line, if you got nothing good to say just don't say it. Or at least say it in a constructive way. Thus the reason why, you sir was thinly crossing the line of "hating."

I wish my M3 was as cool as yours bruddah and Tyler's :D...btw, you missed out bro. Well I missed you at Vegas, no h0m0 =P...
Well said! Thanks for clearing things up, imo if people don't know the owner personally it's different.

You're moving fast with mods already!! Wouldn't be surprised if Mia turned out like Arnold! ;)
only thing i don't like is the badges, i think the black and white looked best or you can go back to stock? but with highly modded/ aggressve cars like these you can pull of custom badges like that with out it looking mex1
Thanks brotha :)
I wanna make love to this car. Good job. I hope one day I catch up to you with all those mods.
Haha thanks man! :thumbsup:
my car would like to make babies with your car.
:eeps::hi::clap:

OP awesome work. I don't care for IB, racing seats, but your's can't be denied as one of the nicest rides for performance. Great work and everything is done right plus nice and clean.

I am in a catch 22. I want to drive my M3 daily which equates to about 150-500 miles each day so getting too crazy will ruin it :( I loved my old 240SX (it was no M3 though), but I built that with a 7 mile commute each day in mind :)
I daily drive this car as of right now and none of the mods done including the vf stage 2 supercharger have compromised reliability :)
Still IN for hearing how the paint was done on the CF trunk and a few more pics of it. Looks like a candy color mix over the CF and full paint on the lower section. Details of that would be awesome.
It's a light coat of base coat mixed with clear coat. I'll snap more pics :)
so clean... i wish i seen more locals
Thanks man!
Beautiful car. I don't love some of the smaller things, but the body kit, seats and FI all make it one awesome M3.
Thanks man, I wanted to go a different approach with what I usually see in E46 Ms :)
So do you track it....?
Nope!
lol thanks bro!
Awesome car, love it.
:thumbsup: Thanks
Absolutely loving this car. One of the best on the forum.
Thanks buddy, means a lot!! :thumbup:

#53 ·
Didn't this car look like this last year? Are these pictures from years back and you're finally posting them online? I don't get it. :hmm:

I remember your license plate from the 2011 Bimmerfest Caravan

#61 ·
OP awesome work. I don't care for IB, racing seats, but your's can't be denied as one of the nicest rides for performance. Great work and everything is done right plus nice and clean.

I am in a catch 22. I want to drive my M3 daily which equates to about 150-500 miles each day so getting too crazy will ruin it :( I loved my old 240SX (it was no M3 though), but I built that with a 7 mile commute each day in mind :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.