E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1st Thread on the Forum. Plz help

819 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  bluecougar 
#1 ·
18" rim, which looks better on Titan silver

1. CSL replica or ACS III replica

2. is 8x18 front, 8.5x18 rear OK? (or what u think?)

3. will it look nice on 18" if i dont lower the car?
(i am running on stock 16",and with no sport suspension)

THX! :clap:

#6 ·
get_bmw_b4_die said:
how much to drop it if i go with the 18'' ( in mm)
and what spring kit is good? HM,ACS,Eibach? or any other?
It really depends on how low you want to go. H&R Race Springs go pretty low, and give a very agressive drop. Also, be sure to get new shocks when you get new springs, or just get a Cupkit, or Coilovers. :)

Oh, and I also vote for the CSL reps.

#9 ·
^Upgraded springs can cause the shocks to wear out quicker. There are some manufacturer such as UUC Motorwerks that created their lowering springs with the stock shocks in mind, and they shocks should not wear any faster.

A cupkit is a set of matched springs and shocks (do a search for H&R Cupkit and Eibach Prokit). A coilover set is the same in that the springs and shocks are matched, but coilovers also provide height adjustably and can also offer dampening adjustment.

Are they expensive? Well compared to some $250 lowering springs, yes.

If you want more info, just do a search on the forum for some of the terms used in this thread. :)

#11 ·
russ330 said:
^Upgraded springs can cause the shocks to wear out quicker. There are some manufacturer such as UUC Motorwerks that created their lowering springs with the stock shocks in mind, and they shocks should not wear any faster.

A cupkit is a set of matched springs and shocks (do a search for H&R Cupkit and Eibach Prokit). A coilover set is the same in that the springs and shocks are matched, but coilovers also provide height adjustably and can also offer dampening adjustment.

Are they expensive? Well compared to some $250 lowering springs, yes.

If you want more info, just do a search on the forum for some of the terms used in this thread. :)

Great explanation Russ. :) :thumbup:

get_bmw_b4_die said:
thanks a lot man! that was really helped. i will make a search and learn it.

btw u think 19''s so much better than the 18''s?

are they not too big for non-m e46?

19's look great on any E46, it's a choice really, if your local roads aren't that great, I'd go with the 18's. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.