E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New SP Project

117K views 814 replies 80 participants last post by  323tom 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we are going to start dis-assembly on Tom's BMW tomorrow but we wanted to get a dyno of what the car is making now. The car has an HPF Stg 2 kit on it running 7.4 psi at Peak HP.

Soon it will have a SP built 10-1 motor, 76 billet turbo with quick spool valve, ProEFI on E85, SP exhaust cutout, larger HPF intercooler, 4" downpipe and a few other goodies!! We are shooting for 1000 RWHP !!

See less See more
#114 ·
SWEET! Thanks Reid!

haha I am biased towards Volks and CCWs as well buddy

Side note I ordered a new suspension setup through Dan at DER motorsport thanks to kenton for the hookup, replacing my pss9s with Tckline D/A's

Also Viral over at Active Autowerke is helping me order a set of Recaro sportster cs seats custom wrapped/dyed to match the rest of my Imola red leather

Also a Raven half cage was purchased.. Still have to order a set of 4 pt harness's (I dont think 5 pt is needed imo at least)

#115 · (Edited)
The custom fabricated 'Y" looks so nicely done. Why not use the many commercially available Y's in -10AN? They should flow just fine...and for a lot smaller cost. $33.99
http://www.jegs.com/i/Sniper-Motorsports/589/26010101/10002/-1?parentProductId=1712126

I am a big fan of the gold center wheels. Nice. But for really high HP applications I prefer 18 inch and even 17 inch for the rears. Are they 18's? What width is the rear tire? 295mm or 315mm? It looks huge. Its so hard fitting decent width rubber on non wide body E46's. Porsche and vette guys have it so much easier.

I see that big air filter. You simply have to run that size or larger to get good flow. But were you able to do it with out removing the AC compressor permanently?

#116 ·
18x9.5 front (275/35/18) and 18x12 rear (335/30/18) and they are toyo r888... the car is going to a body shop after SP is done for a slight widebody lol all the parts are sitting there waiting... It will be 1.5" wider than a stock m3 in rear and front oem m3 fenders with molded grills...Also I Asked for the AC to be removed for larger intake to be fit :)

#127 ·
The flex fuel sensor generally goes in the return feed back to the tank if I'm not mistaken.
The Flex Fuel sensor ties into the return side of the fuel system. It goes from the fuel rail return, to the fuel pressure regulator, to the FF sensor, and back to the tank.
Thank you both for the response :thumbsup:

This build is full of all kinds of WIN!!! Tom I can't wait to see it all completed man :evil:

#123 ·
I keep coming back over and over to this thread to drool over the level of craftsmanship... the welds on the fuel lines and exhaust,

And the wheels...gotta love the gold centers on a black car.

I am a sucker for any wide tires..they look like steam roller sections..my Lord, 345mm!

I have a pretty good idea the best is to come...the custom covered Recaros. I cant wait.

#125 ·
It's somewhat risky to post up all the details of custom builds like this, because people can very easily critisize part "X", and how you mounted part "Y". Thanks for sharing such detailed pictures, it gives ideas to the rest of us amateurs.

Car looks great so far!

#126 ·
Thanks everyone for there positive comments, I agree with you PEI especially with the drama we have had on fanatics for the last while (let's keep that out of my thread please)

Bdave the car is going to be matte white and it's currently sparkling graphite metalic which is a gunmetalish look but I can see why you think from the pics the car is black

#133 ·
LOL thx fab, on a side note they fired the car up on friday! still cant believe my car was fired up before Bdaves LOL sry Bdave I had too! The crappy thing is the car wasn't running to well when they fired it up but that will be fixed next week, Larry and his team are bada$$!

#139 ·
Update..... finally got Tom's car on the dyno yesterday for some initial pulls. First pull was 550 @ 11 psi. I only got as high as 23-24 psi because it was smoking the tires on the dyno at that point. Still registered 760 rwhp but I bet it was actually closer to 800 if the tires actually hooked. I think I am going to have to raise up the back suspension so that we can put some weight in it without the tires rubbing. Will keep you all posted!

#141 ·
Yes E85. I tried to heat up the tires today and do another pull but the tires are rubbing badly on the fender when the car squats. Chewing up the tire. Still put down 808 at the same boost. I suspect it is making more.

We are going to install his new coil overs and jack up the back end so that we can sit in it without rubbing issues. Right now it rubs with no one in the trunk!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.