E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2002, 02:28 PM   #1
Delirium
yo mama

My Ride: -
Mozart Exhaust

Anyone know if the Mozart line of exhaust systems are any good? I see they are more used on E36 M3's and in Europe. Anyone have info? They do not have a bolt on system for E46, but they have universal systems.

Last edited by Delirium; 06-14-2002 at 02:31 PM.
Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:30 PM   #2
DropTopBM
Banned

Location: Im from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come, throw the work in the can and scream "runnn"
My Ride: Hamann 3
Send a message via AIM to DropTopBM
What about the Beethoven exhaust for the E46... Sounds so pleasant and relaxing
DropTopBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 02:37 PM   #3
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
Quote:
Originally posted by DropTopBM
What about the Beethoven exhaust for the E46... Sounds so pleasant and relaxing
WTF?
Anyways Im sure you know that Dado runs a Mozart on his e36 and likes it, some people say its pretty loud also and has some drone to it. And there is no way it would fit also on an e46....
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 02:38 PM   #4
DropTopBM
Banned

Location: Im from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come, throw the work in the can and scream "runnn"
Dado's car is no joke.... that thing is amazing..
Old 06-14-2002, 02:41 PM   #5
Delirium
yo mama

There is always a jokster on every post huh?

Yeah there is no application for the E46 from Mozart, but I know that there are universal applications. This would mean the same muffler without the piping right? I know you some of you guys are not into manufacturers that make applications for Japanese cars, & Mozart does make bolt on kits for those cars, but I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with these exhaust. Quality, etc.. i guess if Dado runs it, it must be the best?
Old 06-14-2002, 02:41 PM   #6
B
OG Moderator Extraordinaire

My Ride: 325iX-M3-525iT-M5
Send a message via AIM to B
I'm not a fan of the Mozart line myself
Old 06-14-2002, 02:42 PM   #7
Delirium
yo mama

Quote:
Originally posted by B
I'm not a fan of the Mozart line myself
how come?
Old 06-14-2002, 02:44 PM   #8
Delirium
yo mama

Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateOne
WTF?
Anyways Im sure you know that Dado runs a Mozart on his e36 and likes it, some people say its pretty loud also and has some drone to it. And there is no way it would fit also on an e46....
do you mean the universal muffler would not fit either because the muffler is too big to fit (too long) for the space provided for the muffer in the E46?
Old 06-14-2002, 02:49 PM   #9
DropTopBM
Banned

anyone have a website and/or soundclip?
Old 06-14-2002, 02:52 PM   #10
Delirium
yo mama

Quote:
Originally posted by DropTopBM
anyone have a website and/or soundclip?
I think you better stick to your Beethoven exhaust.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:53 PM   #11
B
OG Moderator Extraordinaire

My Ride: 325iX-M3-525iT-M5
Send a message via AIM to B
Quote:
Originally posted by Delirium

how come?
I'm basing my opinion from this girl I dated a couple years ago when I first heard of Mozart stuff. Put one on her Accord. I wasn't impressed by the build quality. This has been 3 years, so maybe they've improved since then...

Plus I'm not a fan of putting "universal" mufflers/exhausts on my Bimmer. I much prefer one I know was designed for my ride, and will fit with the least amount of manipulation possible...

peace B

Last edited by B; 06-14-2002 at 02:55 PM.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #12
Delirium
yo mama

hey look what I found. Does this look familiar?

It seems like this style is now becoming more & more popular even with Japanese cars. DC headers also has a muffler kinda like this. You guys with the UUC dont wanna know how much these mufflers go for... also you know they are manufactured at the same place right....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	univ_twin_bullet.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	5102  

Last edited by Delirium; 06-14-2002 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #13
Delirium
yo mama

by the way, the picture above is a Mozart exhaust & costs about half of the UUC, but it does not include the 2' of piping & hangers, but I doubt that costs another $200 or more.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:06 PM   #14
Damon

My Ride: '02 330ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Delirium
by the way, the picture above is a Mozart exhaust & costs about half of the UUC, but it does not include the 2' of piping & hangers, but I doubt that costs another $200 or more.
Please let's not start with bashing UUC again for doing something that SOOO many U.S. companies do in this global economy. Outsourcing for parts is extremely common.

BTW - for the "extra" $200 you spend on the UUC, you do get "extras" like the 2" piping & hangers (which you'd have to pay a shop $$$ for if you bought the Mozart muffler only), and (more importantly) you get a company like UUC standing behind their finished product.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:13 PM   #15
Delirium
yo mama

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon

Please let's not start with bashing UUC again for doing something that SOOO many U.S. companies do in this global economy. Outsourcing for parts is extremely common.

BTW - for the "extra" $200 you spend on the UUC, you do get "extras" like the 2" piping & hangers (which you'd have to pay a shop $$$ for if you bought the Mozart muffler only), and (more importantly) you get a company like UUC standing behind their finished product.
Sorry, I am not bashing UUC, just stating that you can get the same thing for half the cost for those of us that dont want to spend as much on mods. Just want to make everyone aware that there are alternatives that are not knock-offs. UUC is great & I know that Rob completely stands behind their product. But to me that does not justify an extra $200 for the same muffler I can get somewhere else. I also wanted those who discriminate so much against "*****" cars to know that these parts are coming from the same place & are just labeled differently.
I have lots of respect for UUC, dont get me wrong, just letting us ghetto BMW drivers know you can get a deal elsewhere.

btw, I dont think the piping & hangers will cost $200. Actually I know it will not cost that much. I think you can get the muffler above for about $300 installed at a muffler shop. (not including shipping tho)