E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
JPJ

My Ride: 2003 525iT, 1995 M3
SP or $'s for mods?

Ok - I've never not planned on getting the sports package before, but the "Styling 96" wheels aren't really as exciting as I would like. I love the look of the 18" 740i sport wheels on Mike Allen's 2002 sedan. It got me to thinking about skipping the SP and putting more money into mods.

I will have to get winter wheels (not steel) and tires so could use the factory 16' with winter tires. Once I have the factory 17" I doubt I will talk myself into upgrading for summer. I probably would be changing the springs (even on the SP) to get a little lower already.

I know the SP seats and steering wheel are better, but just considering the suspension - what would it take to be equal or better than the SP. Would a cup kit and sway bars be enough? Is the steering any different on SP?
JPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:48 PM   #2
hbmike

My Ride: 03 530, 00 328i dead
for the seats alone, it's worth it to get the sport pack... non-sport seats are no good imo...
Old 04-28-2002, 08:50 PM   #3
Spencer325ci
Watch Fanatic

My Ride: 2009 E90 M3
JPJ I asked mysef the same quetion when ordering my 325ci. Is it really worth the additional $1200 or so when I plan on adding my own rims and clear corners? I don't think so I opted for no sport package. Use that money you would pay for the sport package to do your own mods. I also feel that the standard 325ci rims are nicer than the sport package ones. The 330ci however I think dishing out $600 for nicer rims clears and 8 way power seats is well worth it. On a 325ci though I say forget about it.
Spencer325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 09:06 PM   #4
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
Is the steering wheel different in the non sport package? If you ever plan on getting the M steering wheel it would cost a lot more.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 09:12 PM   #5
Jake N
Lord of the Idiots

My Ride: 323Ci
Send a message via AIM to Jake N
Quote:
Originally posted by hbmike
for the seats alone, it's worth it to get the sport pack... non-sport seats are no good imo...
I agree.
Old 04-28-2002, 09:15 PM   #6
DropTopBM
Banned

Location: Im from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come, throw the work in the can and scream "runnn"
My Ride: Hamann 3
Send a message via AIM to DropTopBM
I think the SP is worth the money..... all coupes got the SP steering wheel... Sedans come with the other wheel unless u get SP
DropTopBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 09:25 PM   #7
JPJ

My Ride: 2003 525iT, 1995 M3
About how much could I get for the 2002 325i sedan sport package wheels and tires if I sold them when new?

I looked in the classified forum but didn't see anything close for reference.
JPJ is offline   Reply With Quote