E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
bumdavid

My Ride: 330ci
Raptor DDE vs Predator Chromiums

Still dont know which one to get I had my eyes on the Predator Chromiums because of the color when it is lit. Is the raptor dde and the predator chromiums look the same when it is lit? Please let me know, thanks alot guys!!! -David
bumdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Although many will claim different, they are in fact very different when lit up. Our Predator Chromiums emit a crisp white light with a hint of blue and mimick a perfectly white xenon effect. The rings are also slightly tinted purple to add to this effect and enhance their look when off. The Predator Chromium rings are perfectly sized and matched against OEM width, have a custom dipped chrome backing and unique ridges (similar to OEM rings) built in to improve brightness and eliminate any dead spots.

I might also add that Predator Chromiums feature the easiest installation of all kits on the market with fewer wires and connections necessary
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
Chris@Bimmian
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdavid
Still dont know which one to get I had my eyes on the Predator Chromiums because of the color when it is lit. Is the raptor dde and the predator chromiums look the same when it is lit? Please let me know, thanks alot guys!!! -David
Hi David, ask around locally, and you can see the difference in person before making a purchase. I noticed you're from Ontario... I'm not sure if that's Ontario Canada.

Depending where you are located I can direct you to has which kit. Most of the Canadian guys run the Raptors and Titanium V2's.

Where are you located? I can bring samples with me as I'm always around the Oshawa / Toronto / Kitchener/Waterloo area and occassionally London & Windsor.

Chris@Bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
sanyomats

My Ride: 00 328CI
I love my raptors....check out uniquedesign website for a pic of the raptors taken during the day!!!!!
sanyomats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #5
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdavid
They're basically identical. Buy what's cheapest. The cusotmer support, quality, warranty, yada yada yada is all the same.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid
They're basically identical. Buy what's cheapest. The cusotmer support, quality, warranty, yada yada yada is all the same.
Not sure about that last part...few sponsors respond to emails within 15 minutes, staff an 800 number 7 days a week, maintain several AIM SNs, write out proprietary installation guides, offer full lifetime warranties directly through the retailer etc...
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
eBay FTW. $59.95 shipped...and prewired.

...unless warranty is something you care about, then go with Jlevi
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW
Not sure about that last part...few sponsors respond to emails within 15 minutes, staff an 800 number 7 days a week, maintain several AIM SNs, write out proprietary installation guides, offer full lifetime warranties directly through the retailer etc...
The last few threads I've seen with people complaining about customer support and their halos have been with your product (JLEVI SW / Umnitza).

Perhaps you remember the one about the ballast shorting out because of water? I believe you guys denied warranty. Funny, that wouldn't have happened if your ballasts were waterproof like the Raptors.

The funny part is, you guys used to carry the Xtex brand halos, and all you did was praise them for their design, and bashed everyone elses. Once Matt got dropped by Jim Powell, suddenly the product was flawed, and not up to par. You guys will say anything to ship a product.

Last edited by Penguin Koolaid; 07-26-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
Chris@Bimmian
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 323i
Hi David,

Here's our :
installation guide

Our warranty

But in the end, superior service, shipping covenience, if you're in the areas I mentioned in my earlier post, I sometimes drop parts off personally to our customers.

Cheers.
Chris@Bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #10
ice330ci05

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@Bimmian
Hi David,

Here's our :
installation guide

Our warranty

But in the end, superior service, shipping covenience, if you're in the areas I mentioned in my earlier post, I sometimes drop parts off personally to our customers.

Cheers.
i orderd them at
Order Date
08:09:37 Jun 29, 2006 PDT

and it still says
"This order has been transferred to another warehouse and will ship shortly."

when should i be getting them? thanx
Old 07-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #11
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
The last few threads I've seen with people complaining about customer support and their halos have been with your product (JLEVI SW / Umnitza).

Perhaps you remember the one about the ballast shorting out because of water? I believe you guys denied warranty. Funny, that wouldn't have happened if your ballasts were waterproof like the Raptors.

The funny part is, you guys used to carry the Xtex brand halos, and all you did was praise them for their design, and bashed everyone elses. Once Matt got dropped by Jim Powell, suddenly the product was flawed, and not up to par. You guys will say anything to ship a product.
I've noticed this from pretty much every sponsor. Thats why with things like angel eyes, I say go for the style you want thats cheapest. Case in point, I purchased my 7000k angel eyes on ebay for $59 shipped. Looks just as good as the sponsors items and I saved $100. So theres $100 toward another item for my car right there...I appreciate the effort/time/money these sponsor companies put into thier work, but I don't know any of them personally and don't really care about thier pitch if its not the best deal for me (some of you DO know these sponsors as individuals and wish to support them...which is cool by me). Maybe I'm just a jerk...
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #12
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermachina
I've noticed this from pretty much every sponsor. Thats why with things like angel eyes, I say go for the style you want thats cheapest. Case in point, I purchased my 7000k angel eyes on ebay for $59 shipped. Looks just as good as the sponsors items and I saved $100. So theres $100 toward another item for my car right there...I appreciate the effort/time/money these sponsor companies put into thier work, but I don't know any of them personally and don't really care about thier pitch if its not the best deal for me (some of you DO know these sponsors as individuals and wish to support them...which is cool by me). Maybe I'm just a jerk...
The only reason I can argue against ebay is the lack of warranty, and generally the lack of a wiring harness. The kits sold on ebay also usually don't look quite as good. For the most part you can get lifetime gauranteed kits in some style or another from the $130 shipped range. Still $60-70 more than you are paying, but a more complete package. Its like ebay v walmart here.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #13
willyd

My Ride: 99' 323i - sold :(
i've had a really rewarding experience with modbargains... but in the end, they really all are the same...

fir what it's worth: I just got done installing my DDEs from modbargains, and one of the rings ended up being faulty, so i sent an email to mike@modbargains, and he sent a replacement ring that same day. i thought that was some speedy customer service...

will j.

UUC Stage 2 Suspension :: 18 x 8.5 CSL Reps :: Pirelli PZero Nero :: Clears :: Titanium Enhanced DDE :: Need More $$
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #14
djmatty
Banned

My Ride: Black '99 328i Sedan
Send a message via AIM to djmatty
Where's Ken when you need him?
djmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:50 PM   #15
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Wow, lots of inaccuracies as usual.

What can you do, but to remind the actual customers that take the time to be upset by bad quality products and actually post:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...aptor+chromium

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/l...p-edition.html

another:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=570842
Old 07-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #16
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza

What can you do, but to remind the actual customers that take the time to be upset by bad quality products and actually post:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...aptor+chromium

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/l...p-edition.html

another:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=570842
The first one is a CWP comparison, and the kit was DOA and he was frustrated by that.

Second one is your comparison, which is fairly embellished if I say so myself, anyone can write a slanted comparison.

Third link he doesn't even say what his issue was, and I've got a feeling he got CWP raptors and it had nothing to do with appearance.

I wouldn't call it misinformation to say the bulbs are the same color.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #17
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Care to tell use about your non-hindged carbon fiber strut bar?

Last edited by Penguin Koolaid; 07-29-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:37 PM   #18
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Care to tell use about your non-hindged carbon fiber strut bar?
right after you learn how to spell

time to get your AIM buddies online so you can all defend each other.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:10 PM   #19
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:

Good call, I forgot how I needed to impress people on this board with my spelling.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'm interested in buying this unhinged cf struct-bar/brace you were trying to sell a while ago. Problem is, I can only find the hinged version on your site.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:10 PM   #20
titanium beaver

My Ride: 05 330ci & 05 M3
Send a message via AIM to titanium beaver
Quote:

you guys sold an unhindged strut bar?

"A Supreme Court in Geaorgia ruled that high school biology teachers were permitted to continue using the term 'evolution' when teaching their classes. However as a compromise, they must now refer to dinosaurs as 'jesus horses'."
titanium beaver is offline   Reply With Quote