E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2002, 09:32 AM   #1
Yankfan4L

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via AIM to Yankfan4L
dinan products info????

this summer, i plan on getting dinan CAI, dinan stage II software, and dinan automatic transmission software.

just a few questions::

will installing the CAI make my engine louder??

how much will all of this increase 0-60 MPH time and 1/4 mile time??

dinan tuners out there please get back to me

thank you
Yankfan4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:44 AM   #2
Shinobi
Addicted to Autocross

My Ride: 2001 Jet Black 330Ci
Some Answers...

The Dinan CAI produces a hissing sound at low RPMs which I find cool and some others find annoying.

I have Dinan Stage I, II, III, with CAI and Throttle Body. Before the UUC exhaust, my best run was 6.2 seconds, which is an improvement over the listed 7.1 seconds (steptronic). Note, however that I never did a run when the car was stock. Never checked my 1/4 mile times since I'm not that big into straight line acceleration.

I've got a 330 and short of a supercharger, the engine mods available don't make a whole lot of difference. For differences you will notice, look into upgrading your suspension.

Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 12:13 AM   #3
Yankfan4L

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via AIM to Yankfan4L
stage I, II, III

if i wanted, could i go right to stage III software, or would i have to buy I, then II and go in order
Yankfan4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 12:26 AM   #4
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
You can buy II right away

I dont' know about III but I bought I and then had my CAI put in and then upgrade to II for just the price of labor. It depends what car you have too though.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:50 AM   #5
Casanova
Europrojektz Malaysia

My Ride: E46/E92/RX8
Send a message via ICQ to Casanova Send a message via AIM to Casanova Send a message via MSN to Casanova
yes, louder

hissing sound from the intake at low rpms and loud roar at high rpms, i personally love the hiss. The intake made my hamann exhaust louder too!

Director of Europrojektz Malaysia Chapter
Hamann GT-R Widebody | Modified AA-Tuning supercharger kit
My New Ride
Casanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 06:19 AM   #6
OPTIMO

My Ride: Car
The intake is sweet. You will hear it hiss when you lightly tap the throttle from idle. Around 3,800rpm - 5,000rpm it really opens up and the sound is sweeeeet. It made my stock-sounding R/D exhaust sound much much better.

I love my sound right now and I have no intentions of changing it (until I can afford the complete Hamman setup..headers all the way back).

ftp://68.65.54.118/mvc-027f.jpg
OPTIMO is offline   Reply With Quote