E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
ports

My Ride: '09 Audi A4
Send a message via AIM to ports
Bimmian experiences

Has anyone had trouble buying parts with Bimmian?

Somehow I've drawn the short straw in this. I bought an HID upgrade kit, and a Raptor CWP kit from Bimmian in January. The Raptor kit took about a month to show up. The HID kit took about 2 weeks.

The HID kit was missing some parts and didnt have enough plugs to wire up everything that needed to be wired.. There was no place to wire up power. That's pretty important. And yes, I did it right. 3 plugs from the bulbs, and 3 available ports on the ballast. Plug them all in, and that leave you with zero ports to plug in the power connector from the car. Not like the power connector on the car would fit the plugs on the ballast.

So I return the kit in February via USPS. Bimmian says they never received it, but my tracking and customs stuff from the USPS says it was delivered. So there goes $300.

The raptor cwp kit came as a box of some parts, no instructions, or inventory list. I started to assemble the kit in May when the weather was nicer here, and what do you know. According to the instructions from e46fanatics, and google that I found, I'm missing parts. My harness didnt have enough plugs to connect up anything other than the ballasts from the light rings. There was no extra plugs to hook up the heater inverters, and the heater inverters weren't included either. And i was missing connector plugs so i had to buy some from radio shack.

I get in touch with Bimmian about the missing parts and they tell me they'll ship them out.

Now pausing, I was only able to reach Bimmian on the phone once, because they never answered the phones. Almost all of this was done via e-mail.

A month later a box shows up at my house, with 1 heater inverter. Great. What do i plug it into? My power harness has no plugs for it. And having one side heated is rather worthless too. I email them again, and they tell me theyll fix it and get me the correct harness, and ballasts. Then a few days later I get an email stating itll be shipped out that day. Nothings here 5-6 weeks later.

Supposedly a service manager looked into my return and said it never showed up.

So here I am 8 months later, out almost $600, and sitting around with probably $100 in parts.

What can I do to resolve this?

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
paraklas
OEM ///Member

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
Take a picture of what you have, make a list of the parts and FAX it to them. I found out that many companies may ignore e-mail, don't answer phones but they do see the Fax because it's not widely used (anymore).

Write them nicely the situation and politely ask for the remaining parts to be sent via a courier along with instructions.
paraklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 AM   #3
mkodama

Hmm, I had pretty good luck with them. Ordered LED tail lights and they came perfectly packed and shipping was quick. Guess I'm just lucky I didn't have to deal with customer care cause it sounds like it sucks.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
bassik40

My Ride: 01 325i
Send a message via AIM to bassik40
They took forever shipping some rings i ordered, but i got them. But yea like you said like 3 weeks later. Honestly though, every email i sent them i got a reply to within a day or so.

Still though, given how good eurospec seems as well as jlevi and modbargains and ... and... and ... i wouldnt buy from them again if you get the idea.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #5
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassik40 View Post
They took forever shipping some rings i ordered, but i got them. But yea like you said like 3 weeks later. Honestly though, every email i sent them i got a reply to within a day or so.

Still though, given how good eurospec seems as well as jlevi and modbargains and ... and... and ... i wouldnt buy from them again if you get the idea.
What kind of rings were these?

If they were halos, raptor or titanium i bet, we were getting our supplier to ship those, and they were always very slow.

We are not dealing with them anymore for this reason.

I hope you will come back and give us another try. We do care about our customers, and normally have packages to your door within 1-1.5 weeks.

Thanks
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Hmm, I had pretty good luck with them. Ordered LED tail lights and they came perfectly packed and shipping was quick. Guess I'm just lucky I didn't have to deal with customer care cause it sounds like it sucks.

I appreciate you posting about your positive experience.

Please understand that you are NOT the odd man out. The vast majority of our orders are perfect, as you have experienced, but please remember

HARDLY ANYONE HAS INCENTIVE TO POST GOOD THINGS because expectations are met, but PEOPLE DO POST BAD THINGS.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that probably 75% of people with bad experiences post and less than 1% of people with good experiences post.

We are one of the largest vendors on this board so we are bound to have many complaints because we simply process more orders.

I dont know what is happening right now. It seems like everyone with an issue is posting.

Please understand while everyones concerns are important, we ship hundreds of orders a week.

There seems like there are 4-5 threads talking about our customer service, but please understand this is a fraction of a percent.

Please give us some credit, understand we are human, and that we occasionally make mistakes. We process the vast majority of our orders without a problem.

I want to make sure that all our customers are happy so please PM me with any concerns.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
ports

I just got a reply from Bimmian, and they told me to see ApexCone about the missing parts. They would like me to take the intermediary out of it.

So, what they are telling me is that, they have my money, and **** off. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by ports; 07-27-2007 at 12:21 PM.
ports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:04 PM   #8
bassik40

My Ride: 01 325i
Send a message via AIM to bassik40
wow, i would honestly tell them how u feel, how dissapointed you are with the service and that if they dont care at all about their customers then you want a refund, then pack everything up, send it back with insurance and tracking and a sign for service and just cut yer losses. F that company if thats how theyre dikin u out bro. GL.

= bimmian
Old 07-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
Bimmer360

My Ride: X5 4.4i V8 DOHC 32V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ports View Post
I just got a reply from Bimmian, and they told me to see ApexCone about the missing parts. They would like me to take the intermediary out of it.

So, what they are telling me is that, they have my money, and **** off. This is ridiculous.

wow, they refer you to their supplier? That's ridiculous! You shouldn't be doing that in the first place.......my gosh, this thread is like what, 5th about bimmina already? If this thing keeps on happening, apparently there is something wrong....why can't they all be like TISCHER!!!! FTW!~
Bimmer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #10
semich4rmedlyfe

My Ride: 02.330Ci.ACS.DINAN
I ordered a set of lockin' lugs and it took beyond forever to get it from them. They also didn't respond to e-mails or calls.

The first two tracking numbers they gave me were ghosts too- they weren't real at all.
semich4rmedlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #11
Mikeee46coupe

My Ride: IS ON DPE's
This is typical of how Bimmian operates, bogus tracking info, poor quality products, poor customer service and headaches are common place from my experience. I'd contact my credit card company, you might have a tough time disputing a charge this old but it's worth a shot.

DPE Wheels, H&R, M3 Interior...way too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeee46coupe View Post
This is typical of how Bimmian operates, bogus tracking info, poor quality products, poor customer service and headaches are common place from my experience. I'd contact my credit card company, you might have a tough time disputing a charge this old but it's worth a shot.
Mike: i remember you. I resolved your issue years ago, to your satisfaction.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
Mikeee46coupe

My Ride: IS ON DPE's
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post
Mike: i remember you. I resolved your issue years ago, to your satisfaction.
Indeed you did; only after several months of headaches, forum bashing and B.S from you and your staff, satisfaction should not have to be fought for Ian, this is a lesson you are clearly yet to learn.

DPE Wheels, H&R, M3 Interior...way too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:35 PM   #14
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeee46coupe View Post
Indeed you did; only after several months of headaches, forum bashing and B.S from you and your staff, satisfaction should not have to be fought for Ian.
I agree. Satisfaction should not have to be fought for, and while i do not remember the specifics of your case, i do recall it was complicated.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #15
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by semich4rmedlyfe View Post
I ordered a set of lockin' lugs and it took beyond forever to get it from them. They also didn't respond to e-mails or calls.

The first two tracking numbers they gave me were ghosts too- they weren't real at all.
Please confirm that this issue is resolved.
What email address were you sending to? We have a ticket system that generates auto-replies saying that we got your email, did you get any of those?
If so, what was the ticket number? i want to find out why you didnt get the reply.

Did you leave a voice mail when you called us?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #16
semich4rmedlyfe

My Ride: 02.330Ci.ACS.DINAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post
Please confirm that this issue is resolved.
What email address were you sending to? We have a ticket system that generates auto-replies saying that we got your email, did you get any of those?
If so, what was the ticket number? i want to find out why you didnt get the reply.

Did you leave a voice mail when you called us?
It has been resolved- I got in touch with ModBargains who in turn got in touch with you guys.
semich4rmedlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #17
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by semich4rmedlyfe View Post
It has been resolved- I got in touch with ModBargains who in turn got in touch with you guys.
So you didnt order from us then? The delay may not have been caused by us in this case.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #18
TX

My Ride: '01 330i ZSP ZPP
Send a message via ICQ to TX Send a message via AIM to TX Send a message via MSN to TX Send a message via Yahoo to TX
I had a bit of trouble with my Bimmian order as well... part of it shipped out pretty quickly, but the more expensive item (Eagle Eyes LED tails for sedan) didn't ship out and wasn't updated on the order for over a week. I ended up e-mailing them and giving them a piece of my mind; they replied and said that they were "forwarding the order to another warehouse." I got a tracking number for the package a couple of days later and then the next day after that the tails arrived... in a box from Umnitza. *shrug*
TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #19
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
I had a bit of trouble with my Bimmian order as well... part of it shipped out pretty quickly, but the more expensive item (Eagle Eyes LED tails for sedan) didn't ship out and wasn't updated on the order for over a week. I ended up e-mailing them and giving them a piece of my mind; they replied and said that they were "forwarding the order to another warehouse." I got a tracking number for the package a couple of days later and then the next day after that the tails arrived... in a box from Umnitza. *shrug*
We are sorry that your lights were delayed. We didnt mark them as backordered on the site, because our new shipment was supposed to arrive before the old shipment was depleted, but customs held the shipment, and we had to wait another week.

We are sorry for this delay.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #20
ports

Well, I replied back to the supervisor that told me to go directly to ApexCone. I hope he realizes what he told me to do is wrong. Otherwise it was all via e-mail. I'll forward it on to whoever is willing to read it.