E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2002, 12:08 PM   #1
s4play
Banned

My Ride: ML320, 02 M3, 01 S2K
Send a message via AIM to s4play Send a message via Yahoo to s4play
Talking PICS OF "silvervision" type BULBS BUT THESE BLINK RED/HYPERWHITE/AMBER!

I know many of you have been waiting for me to post pics but I finally got these in yesterday. The bulbs come in 1156 sizes which are perfect for BMW corners in the front and back. These also fit Audi's with the Euro Headlamps! (the clear LED model in the middle blink hyperwhite and is a 3157 model for factory Audi Headlight corners. Normally when off, the bulbs have a mirror finish but this picture was taken in direct sunlight so you can see the slight hue. Notice the blue bulb on the left side and the red one on the right.

For those of you who get harassed by cops for blue bulbs, these are PERFECT! When off, they look totally clear and have no blueish tint. If you are like me and live in an area where cops don't like it, then get these bulbs. You still can have these blink hyperwhite when on if you like. Or be a bit different and have the back turn signals blink red! Since red lights are totally legal for the rear of the car (Just look at S4's), you can put these in and make your BMW stand out a bit.
The Red light these bulbs give off is a very intense red that exactly matches your taillights tint.

*On a sidenote, I was heading to the gym last night with my new bulbs and sure enough a police car was right behind me (we live near the police station in Milpitas) Anyways, I quickly signal to change lanes to allow the officer to pass and he went right by me....whew, a sign of relief! I guess my new red turn signal bulbs are okay! With my old hyperwhite ones, it makes the car stand out and tends to blind people at night.

Only downfall to these bulbs are the price. They cost $25 each but hey, you get what you pay for. Just to clear things up, you must run either hyperwhite or amber color up front and on the sidemarkers which are 194 bulbs. The rear is more optional and you can run either the hyperwhite/amber/red depending on what you prefer.

If you want these bulbs, drop me an e-mail and I will tell you what the total price would be. I only have a limited quantity so let me know ASAP. Or AIM me at "s4playko"

later,
rick

"s4play"
"da masta"

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	polargvisuals.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	2080  
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:19 PM   #2
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
$25 EACH?

That's over a $100 for a set and shipping...

I'd rather use that cash on a different mod.

They look kewl but I think regular amber bulbs painted silver look just fine.
vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
e46Freak

My Ride: Coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to e46Freak
what kind of bulbs are those?...they look like Polarg visual G2.
e46Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 04:32 PM   #4
Karl
Engineer

My Ride: 2001 330xi
If you live in CA, you're allowed to have white/amber in front, amber in the sidemarkers, and amber/red in the back. Just an FYI.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 04:52 PM   #5
Eric 330ci

My Ride: 2001 330ci
do you have them for the side markers? damn, if they lower in price lemmie kow, id love to get a pair of blue for the front and red for the back.

is the red real bright? i love it when its bright as hell, lol
Eric 330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 05:43 PM   #6
aferoz21
Banned

My Ride: '02 325ci Jet Black
Send a message via AIM to aferoz21
S4Play you live in Milpitas..Bay Area? Same here, I live off Dixon Landing. Anyways what kind of car u got?

My '02 325ci Jet Black (steptronic, moonroof, xenon) comes in July.

Mods so far once car is ready for pickup: Clear lenses all around. Silvervisions bulbs, OEM spoiler, OEM alarm)

Maybe ive seen ur car around. Holla back I might need some tips from ya.
aferoz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 06:00 PM   #7
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
Every time I've been pulled over - farther up the Peninsula, between RWC and Belmont - I have signalled at the start and pulling away, and no cop has said anything about my Polarg M9s... I routinely notice people behind me covering their eyes though from the blinding light
Old 05-10-2002, 07:26 PM   #8
s4play
Banned

My Ride: ML320, 02 M3, 01 S2K
Send a message via AIM to s4play Send a message via Yahoo to s4play
Don't know the brand since my buddy got a big box of them

for me while he was overseas but they do look awesome whether they are on or off.

When on, the red is a brilliant red similiar to the lighting you would get if you had a red lense! But when off, they are unnoticeable.

As stated before I am opening up a Euro Tuning shop called The Euro Boutique in Fremont very soon.

Contact me if you want installation work done.

To Eric 330i, that's exactly the setup I have on my M3 and it looks sweet and different!

And Karl is correct about the colors that are legal....read my first post about the cop story behind me...no hassle at all. With the M9's from Polarg, they do look nice but attract too much attention to your car not to mention blind the guy behind. Don't believe me, try it yourself and walk behind the car!

later,
rick
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote