E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
whats a good car wash locally?

what can i get in like autozone etc that would be a good car wash? , or maybe id pay shipping if there is something that is just too good to pass up,and what mits do you guys use? im not going to auto car wash anymore........

do you dry it with mf?

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
DetailDan

My Ride: Jeep
Send a message via AIM to DetailDan
Megs Gold Class is fine, sheep skin mitts are good, dry with microfiber and electric leaf blower.
DetailDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
^^^

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
I always wanted to try the leaf blower idea.

I use McGuiars or Eagle One soap, a mitt, bucket, dry down with microfiber towel and "the absorber" then do the wheels with a separate bucket, separate brush, and dry them with a separate microfiber towel.

Then I'll use chrome/metal polisher for the exhaust tips and other tidbets, will use mcguiars interior cleaner (one for leather one for vinyl) and will then follow up that with either a wax job (use the mcguiars tech wax) or will just use eagle f1's spray on wax. Clearly the spray on isn't as protective but it gives it a little protection and a great shine when you don't want to go through the whole wax process.

You could also throw in claybars, buffers, etc. but that is for a larger detail job/

Hope that helps

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Tater49

My Ride: 04' G35 Coupe
I use Meguiars Gold Class as well!

2000 328i 5 Spd Black on Black SOLD!

2004 G35 Coupe 6 Spd Gray on Black Current
Daily

FS. JB Racing Lightweight Flywheel (Non-M 6 Speed ONLY) - $450 obo

FS. Spec Stage 3 Clutch Kit (Non-M 6 Speed ONLY) - $400 obo

Tater49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Gold Class is a great and inexpensive shampoo. I use Zymol auto bathe on the bimmer, but it gets expensive!

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
magikman5430

My Ride: 2004 325i
Thumbs Up Mr. Clean auto dry system!

i prefer to use the Mr. Clean auto dry system..i swear by thMRat product. just pre-rinse with the 3-in-1 spray gun (dial set to regular unfiltered hose water), then set dial to "soap" setting, i also use a wool hand pad to gently scrub, the last step is to turn dial to "rinse" using the dial and spray away dirt and soap with filtered water. dries like glass with NO streaks what so ever..the best and only product i will use on my bimmer...got mine at a local parts store for $19.99. refill soap and filter around $4-7 respectively.
magikman5430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Bimmer Dude Xi

My Ride: 03 325XI 07 ZX-6R
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer Dude Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikman5430 View Post
i prefer to use the Mr. Clean auto dry system..i swear by thMRat product. just pre-rinse with the 3-in-1 spray gun (dial set to regular unfiltered hose water), then set dial to "soap" setting, i also use a wool hand pad to gently scrub, the last step is to turn dial to "rinse" using the dial and spray away dirt and soap with filtered water. dries like glass with NO streaks what so ever..the best and only product i will use on my bimmer...got mine at a local parts store for $19.99. refill soap and filter around $4-7 respectively.
No water marks?
I have it but never bother to use the "rinse" cycle on the dial.

|Dinan High Flow Air Box|Eibach Pro Kit|Koni Sport|UUC Strut Barbarian|UUC TSE3|UUC Underdrive Pulleys|18" VMR V710|

|BMC Race Air Filter|CRG Spectrum Levers| Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines|Volar Motorsport Spiked Frame & Bar-end Sliders|
Bimmer Dude Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
trippmann

My Ride: E30
Send a message via AIM to trippmann
all the mr. clean system is, is a hand held water softener and or water deionizer. what causes water spots is not the water drying, but whats in the water that is left behind after the water has evaporated. so in theory, take the contaminates out of the water, no waterspots. for the most part, if you use deionized water, or distilled water, "same concept" with onr, you can get a really great wash out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
^It seriously was the worst decision of my life to sign up for this site.
trippmann is offline   Reply With Quote