E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Lunatyck

My Ride: '01 325ci
Traction control wont turn on

Hey guys

So i just finished installing the single din radio, and i believe i konw what the problem is but i figured i'd ask before i take everything apart.. again.

I didnt want to hook up the ground cable from the radio to the e-brake because i wanted to play videos without having the e-brake engaged. So what i did was i grounded the cable to a screw that is attached to the frame. Now the dvds dont play so i konw the cable mustve came undone or something because the screen says to engage the e-brake. But, the real problem here is that my traction control is fully off (its as if you were to hold the DSC button till both the "brake" and the dsc light came on). If i press/hold the dsc button nothing happens, its still off. Would something like this cause my car to override my traction control?? Or is it something else?

If anyone knows anything about this, i'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Konrad

PS: I used a wiring harness that i bought from EAS, and the radio i installed with a dual xdvd8183
Lunatyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Lunatyck

anyone know anything about this?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Did you reconnect the harness to the DSC button?
bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Lunatyck

i dont believe i ever unplugged it... i never went near the button because all i did was pull out the radio and the temp control thing below it..
i guess i will have to just pull the radio out again and see what works =[
Old 04-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Lunatyck

ok so i finally had some time to research this and take apart my console..
The button is hooked up properly (i even unplugged it and replugged it) and there is no harm or any sort of damage to the DSC wires.
I looked up some things and it seems to be a wide range of things that can lead to this problem..
I will try to put my car in drive (but at a full stop) and turn my steering wheel all the way left, then right, then back left,
check my battery voltage, and brake fluid before i take this car anywhere.

Can anyone else chime in as to what could have gone wrong? I have a feeling this may be a battery issue since it happened after i installed my head unit but I will know by tomorrow.

Thanks