E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
LSD/Headers/Cams Question

hey guys, I currently have a 2000 323ci, If I dont sell my supercharger to do a s54 swap I will strap my charger on and buy a LSD and headers and possibly cams... What diff would be perfect for a blown 323? If you have links I would apretiate it, also what about cams and headers what brands would you suggest and also post links if you have them... By the way I dont want ebay headers so dont post pics of those please... All quality parts please, Thanks..
323tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Technik headers and Schrick or Technik FI cams.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
323tom

hey

ya I was thinking technick headers/cams as thats what my supercharger is but I am sending my ecu to be reprogrammed to AA so I may just buy active headers and skip out on the cams as there really pricey and exspensive to install, as for the LSD I have heard 3.46 diffs are best for my application, Do I just buy a stock used diff someone is buying and have it rebuilt or is there rebuilt diffs out there for sale? If so can someone send me a link I know Tunermotorsport sells them but I cant find one on the site for some reason lol..
Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Go with the Technik headers. Better gains.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
I don't believe Turner is stocking limited slip units any more. Koala Motorsport, Performance Gearing, Diffsonline, and Metric Mechanic will build you a complete diff in whatever ratio you want. They'll ship you the built diff then you swap it in and return your old diff for a refund of the core charge.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
323tom

hey

hey thanks for the companys websites... I priced out a diff at diffsonlines website and a diff for my 2000 323 in a 3.46 ratio is 3800-600 core charge+shipping? Thats seems like alot I remember turner motorsport used to have a LSD for 1999 which I thought wasalot at the time but now that I have the money it seems to be even more?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
hey thanks for the companys websites... I priced out a diff at diffsonlines website and a diff for my 2000 323 in a 3.46 ratio is 3800-600 core charge+shipping? Thats seems like alot I remember turner motorsport used to have a LSD for 1999 which I thought wasalot at the time but now that I have the money it seems to be even more?
Turner wasn't selling a complete final drive, only the LSD unit (ie, no case, no ring and pinion gear set, etc). Once you bought their LSD, you had to have it built into a diff. Diffsonline, etc provide a completely built final drive. I actually recommend buying a complete final drive assembly like this as they are built by pros so there are no concerns about your local installer not getting the pre-loads exactly right and ruining your expensive LSD unit. They also typically come with a warranty (my diff from KMS did) so even if there were a problem, it becomes a simple warranty matter and not an exercise in finger pointing.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
323tom

diff

hey alright I somewhat understand now... So diffs are over 3000$ your saying as there custom made and ready to swap right in? Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Depends on a lot of things. I'd call Diffsonline and discuss what your options are.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote