E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
Rivalrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Macon, Ga
Posts: 88
My Ride: 04 E46 M3/98 E36 M3
Gun Owner=Win Burger King Robber=Fail

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...ry/965735.html

One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shootout inside a Miami Burger King on Tuesday, officials said.

Police said a man wearing a ski mask walked into the store at Biscayne Boulevard and 54th Street and demanded money from a clerk.

A customer, who has a concealed weapons permit, pulled a gun, said Officer Jeff Giordano, a Miami police spokesman.

The customer and robber exchanged fire.

The robber was shot dead at the scene.

The customer, who had several gunshot wounds, was taken to Ryder Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, a Miami Fire Rescue spokesman.

At about 4 p.m., officials got several 911 calls reporting people shot inside the Burger King.




Incident in my town about 20 years ago...a robber walked in a liquor store with a ski mask on (store's name was Cherio's)...clerk pulled a pistol and blew the dudes head off....that place had been robbed 3 times a year forever......that was 20 years ago....not one robbery since....one good thing about crooks around here, they all have good memories
__________________

Mods waiting to be installed:
Vorsteiner GTS3 cf lip (thanks Bob BPS), CF Kidneys, CF side grills, rear diffuser(cracked during shipping), EAS 3" exhaust tips

EAS Hyperblack CSL's already installed
Rivalrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
xkrnxnamjahx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,338
My Ride: E46 M3
win.
__________________

xkrnxnamjahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
benzfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 399
My Ride: my ride
Awesome. Right here in Miami also. But I dunno if I woulda pulled out my gun just because someone showed a gun in his waistband for some money.
__________________
Life, the only thing worth dying for.

Last edited by benzfreak; 03-25-2009 at 07:59 AM.
benzfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 850
My Ride: S2000
what do you think they were arguing about? don't rob this store or i'm going to shoot you. you can't shoot me, then its GoW in the ball pit
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
phrozen06
NA V8
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W
Posts: 7,491
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Robber got what was coming to him.
__________________

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,018
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
First rule in gun classes : Do not pull a gun in self defense unless you plan on firing immediately.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
deadpass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: tempe, az
Posts: 1,649
My Ride: 01 330i, 00 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328ci View Post
first rule in gun classes : Do not pull a gun in self defense unless you plan on firing immediately.
+1
__________________
deadpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Ghostie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 560
My Ride: What else?
agreed!

plus its just stupid to try to prevent a BK robbery.......

Burger King = big corporation, they're insured for loses (unlike a convenience store)

truth is he probably put more people's lives at risk by doing this (not to mention almost losing his)

sorry, not a smart move.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
benzfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 399
My Ride: my ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
agreed!

plus its just stupid to try to prevent a BK robbery.......

Burger King = big corporation, they're insured for loses (unlike a convenience store)

truth is he probably put more people's lives at risk by doing this (not to mention almost losing his)

sorry, not a smart move.
He probably thought that him or the cashier were in danger.
__________________
Life, the only thing worth dying for.
benzfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
Rene325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 672
My Ride: a car
Rule 1 when you draw intend to fire, not to scare. If you feel incapable of taking a life in self defense or firing a weapon in aggression for self defense then only use it for the gun range.

I will tell you i never want to take a life, but if i draw a weapon it is not to scare, but to defend and i will defend myself and my family.

P.S. +1 for a citizen doing the right thing. Hope he heals nicely.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
relax kiddies ur 10 year old car is still god on this forum
Rene325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,368
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene325ci View Post
Rule 1 when you draw intend to fire, not to scare. If you feel incapable of taking a life in self defense or firing a weapon in aggression for self defense then only use it for the gun range.

I will tell you i never want to take a life, but if i draw a weapon it is not to scare, but to defend and i will defend myself and my family.

P.S. +1 for a citizen doing the right thing. Hope he heals nicely.
+1.

Story doesn't give quite enough information though, but I'd be inclined to agree
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #12
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,710
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
I have been to that Burger King many times!
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #13
ara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 157
My Ride: R35 GTR/99 Acura RL
i guess he really wanted that whopper, that's why he drew?
__________________
Be better, feel better, do better.
ara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #14
CCali
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,223
My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Win??? The dude failed multiple times:

1. He was at Burger King already f*cking up his health

2. He wanted a whopper jr. w/ cheese, instead, he got multiple bullets lodged in him

3. He killed someone; while justified, he just ended someone's life without knowing a single thing (what if the guy was there stealing kids meals for his 11 children because he thought lambskin condoms were effective)


No whopper jr. w/ cheese, many holes in his body, medical bills, rehabillitation, and a single mother with 11 kids who will now go on welfare, which he ultimately pays for, because their father never came back home with happy meals


FAIL
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
Ferm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,989
My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
Win??? The dude failed multiple times:

1. He was at Burger King already f*cking up his health

2. He wanted a whopper jr. w/ cheese, instead, he got multiple bullets lodged in him

3. He killed someone; while justified, he just ended someone's life without knowing a single thing (what if the guy was there stealing kids meals for his 11 children because he thought lambskin condoms were effective)


No whopper jr. w/ cheese, many holes in his body, medical bills, rehabillitation, and a single mother with 11 kids who will now go on welfare, which he ultimately pays for, because their father never came back home with happy meals


FAIL
Based on this logic he saved the lives of the 11 kids from eating f'd food which in turn saves the taxpayers money on their medical coverage as a result of their not growing accustomed to said food and eating the vegetables mom wanted them to eat in the first place. And sadly him being dead is cheaper than him serving a life sentance for attempted murder. I know robbing a SUBWAY restaurant is a federal offence...not sure if Burger King would be or not.

What are you talking about medical bills and rehab.....the shooter probably has insurance and the crook is dead...so where does the rehab come from?

And there is no way he would have ordered happy meals in the first place because only happy people order happy meals and if you use a gun to order a happy meal then you deserve to die.

And there is no way his wife has 11 kids because if they did they would have said it or they would have had their own television series by now and been on welfare anyway.







Now on to this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
So you can shoot somebody just because you are scared? That is ridiculous.

We shoulda taken all the guns from the south after we won the civil war.

A lot of you guys have taken your 2nd ammendment right and put it ahead of everyone else's human rights.

All of you that stated you would have no problem killing someone if you caught them robbing a store have serious problems.

Red states and the ignorance they breed scare the sh*t out of me.
First they did take or try to take all the guns out of the South...they called it the reconstruction...martial law...you know after Sherman burned everyone's home...Ask Atlanta, Georgia about General Sherman.

You have a right and a duty to act on behalf of another who is unable to do so if they are in a situation which involves a weapon such as a knife, rape, etc. These are hard to determine at times but sometimes are obvious....for example
__________________

Last edited by Ferm3; 03-25-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #16
CCali
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,223
My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
Based on this logic he saved the lives of the 11 kids from eating f'd food which in turn saves the taxpayers money on their medical coverage as a result of their not growing accustomed to said food and eating the vegetables mom wanted them to eat in the first place. And sadly him being dead is cheaper than him serving a life sentance for attempted murder. I know robbing a SUBWAY restaurant is a federal offence...not sure if Burger King would be or not.

What are you talking about medical bills and rehab.....the shooter probably has insurance and the crook is dead...so where does the rehab come from?

And there is no way he would have ordered happy meals in the first place because only happy people order happy meals and if you use a gun to order a happy meal then you deserve to die.

And there is no way his wife has 11 kids because if they did they would have said it or they would have had their own television series by now and been on welfare anyway.






While everything I said was joke .. you really twisted it. First, if he was stealing for a family that didn't steal themselves, him being gone means that family will most definitely go on welfare, which we all pay for

Second, life sentence?? You're crazy. And robbing a subway is not per se a federal offense. Anything is a federal offense if the feds want it to be, but I assure you robbing a Subway doesn't automatically invoke federal jurisdiction, unless I missed something and Subway became a federal enclave

Next medical bills and rehab... wait a second?? haha.. you say that he has insurance so where does the rehab come from??? i forgot, in America, health insurance means you have no health problems. You don't think multiple gunshots is going to require any rehabilitation? If he had health insurance, we're still all paying for his doctor bills... if not, we're paying even more

Next, i got nothing.. only happy people order happy meals

Finally, i can guarantee the robber had at least 11 kids due to empirical evidence... odds say that if you have a gun, in a burger king, are trying to rob the place, and end up dying as a result, you have at least 11 kids by 3 different women


CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
Silviacrazed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: where the voices tell me...
Posts: 5,218
My Ride: is so damn sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
Win??? The dude failed multiple times:

1. He was at Burger King already f*cking up his health

2. He wanted a whopper jr. w/ cheese, instead, he got multiple bullets lodged in him

3. He killed someone; while justified, he just ended someone's life without knowing a single thing (what if the guy was there stealing kids meals for his 11 children because he thought lambskin condoms were effective)


No whopper jr. w/ cheese, many holes in his body, medical bills, rehabillitation, and a single mother with 11 kids who will now go on welfare, which he ultimately pays for, because their father never came back home with happy meals


FAIL
you're an idiot for that statement
__________________
Silviacrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
CCali
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,223
My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviacrazed View Post
you're an idiot for that statement


Why? The point is, that's why we have courts. The guy killed someone without knowing anything. If it was to protect another person, that's one thing. But to prevent a robbery of a BK

And don't use lambskin condoms... they smell like ass and they really don't do anything
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
xFalleNx330Ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 708
My Ride: '01 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Mon-Fri from 8-5?
lol
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingdevious View Post
OT is like a bunch of rabid horny monkeys that run around and rape other forums, any new monkeys, and then throw **** at eachother, take pics, and demand nudes.
xFalleNx330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
Penguin Koolaid
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,701
My Ride: Inline Six
This thread is an excellent example of why the Drive-Thru is far superior.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use