E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Cloin

My Ride: 2000 328i
Wheel Lovers, I need some help.

Ok all,

BMW can't give me a solid answer and i searched through the forums but i can't find what i am looking for so here goes.

On my 2000 328i i want to change my summer wheels. i have the sport pkg. so my original 17 X 8 style 44 wheels are going and i want to put on style 68m wheels. here is the kicker. i know they make those wheels for the sport pkg 330Ci e46 but they are staggered with a front of 17 x 7.5 and a rear of 17 x 8.5. the offsets are different than the m3 set that has 17 x 7.5 all around.

all of the numbers put them within the limits to put them on except the rear front spacing. with a spacing of 70.25mm or 2.7". i am not sure if the tire (225/45/17, normal for the car stock) will fit inside the fender without rolling the fender.

With all your different wheel combinations, does anyone know if the rears will fit before i mount tires on these and give it a try.
thanks
Cloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
The M68s will work without a doubt and you can even run 10mm and 15mm spacers front and rear to make them more flush. M3 rears will NOT fit on a non-M, especially a sedan. If you wanted M3 wheels get 4 fronts.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
cheech320

My Ride: Is TiAg
Sorry I'm a little confused by your post but are you asking if the staggered set-up will fit or if four fronts will fit all the way around?

Either way it doesn't really matter since they will fit without issue, and like ChrisTKHarris said you can fit between a 10-15mm spacer depending on what tire size/tires you put on.

Photobucket
cheech320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
cheech320

I just realized what you were trying to ask after I posted the last one

You are trying to put an M68s from an M3 winter tire package on your car right?

If that is the case you may be able to get away with that since the wheels are 1 1/2 inches thinner than M3 18s and have the same offset.

I can't say for sure but I think I remember someone posting e60 wheels with a 20mm ish offset on a touring and they filled the wheels wells really well. The problem on that car was tire size.

My vote is go for it, but again thats just opinion.

Photobucket
Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech320 View Post
I just realized what you were trying to ask after I posted the last one

You are trying to put an M68s from an M3 winter tire package on your car right?

If that is the case you may be able to get away with that since the wheels are 1 1/2 inches thinner than M3 18s and have the same offset.

I can't say for sure but I think I remember someone posting e60 wheels with a 20mm ish offset on a touring and they filled the wheels wells really well. The problem on that car was tire size.

My vote is go for it, but again thats just opinion.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...&highlight=e60
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
m68 will fit without a problem
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
cheech320

Thanks Chris thats the one

Photobucket
Old 04-16-2009, 03:30 AM   #8
Cloin

My Ride: 2000 328i
thanks for the responces guys. i am not planning on lowering the car or anything but i did want to keep with the same tire setup the car came with. i just really liked those wheels and found them for a great price. the staggered set for the e46 sport pkg was not as good a price. since i was thinking about the 17 inch wheels instead of the 18 and 19's some of you guys roll with i thought i would be ok. here is western PA the roads are too rough to enjoy driving on a 18 inch wheel.
Cloin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e46, rims, tires, wheels