E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Bimmaniac32

My Ride: '05 ZHP
night sights to get for Glock..hmm

I need to get me some night sights for my Glock 19 (i should have got them on the gun but was impatient).. but cant decide which ones to go with.. i guess there pretty much all the same..

I think i'm going to go with the Trijicon's with green front, orange rears.. unless the fanatics convince me otherwise Alot of people seem to recomend the Meprolights

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...6&categoryID=7

I've heard that the ameriglows are manufactured by Trijicon, and even have the logo on them (and there cheaper)

I found this really cool sight setup.. its a bit more pricey but looks pretty cool.
http://www.suresight.com/

EDIT: now that i look some more, i'm leaning toward the Ameriglows!!

Last edited by Bimmaniac32; 05-21-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Bimmaniac32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
clusive

My Ride: Car
I have XS Big Dot 24/7 sights on my G19. They are fast. Put the big dot on the target, squeeze the trigger.

My G34 came with MMC night sights. Honestly, 3-dot sights are a little too busy for me. I prefer a single tritium front with plain rear (Sevigny/Warren Tactical) or at most a 2-dot (Heinie Straight Eight) or dot front/bar rear (XS Big Dot).

You really can't go wrong with any of the major manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB
Meprolight sights are rugged, well-made, low profile combat sights with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. They are excellent bull's-eye sights out to 30-feet or so. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers are embedded in polished epoxy for easy cleaning and to resist solvents and grime. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken to avoid harsh solvents when cleaning, as the white o-rings are painted on.

AmeriGlo offers the best selection of night sights available. Quality is first-rate, as the sights combine Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. A combination of sight profiles, blade and notch widths, marker configurations, sizes and lamp colors, offers something for everyone. I really like their Operator sights with a green front and yellow rear lamps!

XS Big Dot sights are high quality combat sights, designed for SHTF situations. Place that big white dot on center mass, and if your trigger control is good, you will hit your target, out to 30-feet or better. The night sight picture is pleasing and easily picked up. These are a specialty sight, and many will find them wanting for range use; conversely, others will master them for target use too. More than any sight I know of, people like them or they don't.

Note: Lamp colors are often mixed today, combining the familiar green with yellow or orange, even red or blue tritium lamps. The brighter appearing green, always goes to the front... I personally like the two color set up, using yellow or orange rear lamps, with the green front. Note that green and yellow have a similar lamp-life, while other colors such as blue or red, may have half the lamp-life.

Summary: These are just a few night sights we've had first-hand experience with. There are other quality products, and some not-so-quality products out there to try. Some are innovative and novel--like TrueGlo TFOs. Some are known to be problematic--like TrueGlo TFOs. Any of the premium brands--ie., Novak, Heinie, Dawson Precision, Bomar, etc.---should be excellent. The warranty is a good indicator of the manufacturer's confidence in their product.

Last edited by clusive; 05-21-2009 at 12:35 AM.
clusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Clusive, we should go pew pew pew sometime. Those are great choices. I opt for Truglo TFO's. Bright at night, and during the day.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
I have trijicon and love them.

I believe that Glock switched over to them for OEM from Ameriglo.

The dots are much crisper than my oem glock sites from Ameriglo.

I bought both a 17 and 19 with different OEM sites.

Customer service at trijicon is outstanding also.

Trijicons also have the date stamped on the site itself so warranty issues are "paperless"

JMHO

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 05-21-2009 at 09:25 AM.
GlockMan is online now   Reply With Quote