E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
CanadianE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saskatchewan/Canada
Posts: 68
My Ride: 2006 TSX- Navi, 6spd
Thoughts on infinity's basslink II system?

Currently looking into purchasing one of these. Few questions for members with stock harmon/kardon in car with the Basslink II installed:

-Was it a rather easy install? If someone could show me a DIY it would help, search yielded nothing.
-Were there good spots to mount it with the given brackets? Im kind of worried about proper areas to fasten it down well.
-Are you satisfied with the product and does it perform to your liking?

Thanks!
CanadianE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
BmwAudio32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 657
My Ride: 2004 Imola 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianE46 View Post
Currently looking into purchasing one of these. Few questions for members with stock harmon/kardon in car with the Basslink II installed:

-Was it a rather easy install? If someone could show me a DIY it would help, search yielded nothing.
-Were there good spots to mount it with the given brackets? Im kind of worried about proper areas to fasten it down well.
-Are you satisfied with the product and does it perform to your liking?

Thanks!
I had a Basslink II with stock H/K. The install was very easy, it was just power wires to battery, then tap a few wires for the signal. Took less than 20 minutes. I ended up just screwing it down to the floor near the backseat area of the trunk. My thoughts are that it worked very well with the stock H/K system. Once i upgraded to amplified components it was no longer sufficient, but with the stock H/K it was almost perfect.
BmwAudio32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
CanadianE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saskatchewan/Canada
Posts: 68
My Ride: 2006 TSX- Navi, 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAudio32 View Post
I had a Basslink II with stock H/K. The install was very easy, it was just power wires to battery, then tap a few wires for the signal. Took less than 20 minutes. I ended up just screwing it down to the floor near the backseat area of the trunk. My thoughts are that it worked very well with the stock H/K system. Once i upgraded to amplified components it was no longer sufficient, but with the stock H/K it was almost perfect.
I'm not looking for a massage from the bass but enough to be fairly noticable...does it provide this? Did the components that come in the infinity package allow an easy install or did you have to buy a few things seperately?
CanadianE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
CanadianE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saskatchewan/Canada
Posts: 68
My Ride: 2006 TSX- Navi, 6spd
someone else has got to own this system? give me some feedback in all areas please!
CanadianE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
Rene325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 672
My Ride: a car
I had this installed in the back of my 928s4 and it was perfect for the car and its size. I then placed it in the trunk of my coupe and it was nice and added to it quite well. I also have the HK system in the Coupe, I took it out because I wanted to keep some trunk space.

Ohhhh and mine was the original basslink not the II
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
relax kiddies ur 10 year old car is still god on this forum
Rene325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
CanadianE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saskatchewan/Canada
Posts: 68
My Ride: 2006 TSX- Navi, 6spd
i've heard online that they have problems cutting in and out due to overpowering? i will be buying mine on ebay since the ones off of the sponsor's sites are so expensive.
CanadianE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Rene325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 672
My Ride: a car
never had a cut out on mine and have had it for years. heck i still have it sitting in my Pool room. Hmmmm may have to put it back in the car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
relax kiddies ur 10 year old car is still god on this forum
Rene325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use