E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
kevinz13

My Ride: 2006 BMW e46 325ci
Brick and Morter places for Line Out Converter

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to do a clean Basslink II install (will post pictures after completion) everything was going well, until I needed a Line-out converter, I read here that people were able to buy it from Best Buy or RadioShaq, I went to both of those places and they didnt carray it.

Does anyone know of a retail store that would carry it? or another name it might be refered to as? (The BB employee was clueless as to what it was). I really would prefer not going online, just because I would like the install to be done today....

If you belive I dont need the line-out converter, please feel free to express it, the reason I'm using the pre-amp inputs is because I feel like my stock HK system dosent fill the entire low Hz bass spectrum so I would not want a filtered signal going to the Basslink. Unless someone has tried both and can say there is little to no differnce between the two.

Thanks again everyone.
kevinz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
queezy1

My Ride: '04 BMW 325 SMG
Fry's carries the Sven 2 & Sven 4, both of which I have purchased there, and both worked/work just fine.

I see you are in the Sac area...I'd imagine you have a Fry's there right?

2004 325i SMG
Mods: BMW Performance Intake, Carbon Fiber Strut Bar, LED Angel Eyes, Xenesis Head/Fog Lights, Xexon Interiors, Clears all around, Matte Black Grille, M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler, Rear Tint, Black/White Roundels, Silver Trim/Knob, Silver Gauges/Rings, Aluminum Pedals, Alpine MP3 Changer, XM, GPS & Parrot Bluetooth all Hardwired, Alpine Speakers, Sub & Amps wired with Monster Connectors/Wires, Custom Sub Enclosure & Amp Rack
queezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
98mustangguy

My Ride: 04-325i, 00-s4
your local stereo shop should carry one, even a cheapy type one by scosche or w/e will work. if you can use balanced signal, depends on amp. also you will be throwing higher voltage at the amp than some are designed to take, plus balanced runs basically opposite phase of each other and are meant to then be summed up then the opposite sound waves cancel each other out. not all amps can take this signal, some can but are not designed for it so you get crappy results, some cant take 8+ volts input and will live a short life, throw overload protection, thermal protection ect ect ect. when in doubt it never hurts to use one. any place near you that sells car audio should be able to help you out, but really even best buy(did you talk to sales rep or install bay rep?) should carry a cheapy type one.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...ine+converters
theres a link to a cheapy one in case you dont know what you should be looking for.
98mustangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
98mustangguy

My Ride: 04-325i, 00-s4
btw, yes run with the pre amp'd signal, hooking and amp out signal into your amp could very well spell disaster for your amp.
98mustangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
kevinz13

I dont know why I didnt even think about Fry's, an 1hr trip but totally worth it. Thanks queezy1 !

Sadly the local stores near me were just no good, I found a place that sold Sven 2 for $54!

I picked up stinger SGN11 Fixed level line output converter.

I dont know if anyone else has used it before or not, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
queezy1

My Ride: '04 BMW 325 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinz13 View Post
I dont know why I didnt even think about Fry's, an 1hr trip but totally worth it. Thanks queezy1 !

Sadly the local stores near me were just no good, I found a place that sold Sven 2 for $54!

I picked up stinger SGN11 Fixed level line output converter.

I dont know if anyone else has used it before or not, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
$54! WTF! Fry's SVEN2 = $19.99 Fry's SVEN4 = $29.99

Good Luck!

2004 325i SMG
Mods: BMW Performance Intake, Carbon Fiber Strut Bar, LED Angel Eyes, Xenesis Head/Fog Lights, Xexon Interiors, Clears all around, Matte Black Grille, M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler, Rear Tint, Black/White Roundels, Silver Trim/Knob, Silver Gauges/Rings, Aluminum Pedals, Alpine MP3 Changer, XM, GPS & Parrot Bluetooth all Hardwired, Alpine Speakers, Sub & Amps wired with Monster Connectors/Wires, Custom Sub Enclosure & Amp Rack
queezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
kevinz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98mustangguy View Post
btw, yes run with the pre amp'd signal, hooking and amp out signal into your amp could very well spell disaster for your amp.
Good to know there is someone else who shares the same fear. I'm gload I didnt just tap into the subwoofer outs.