E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
legun01

My Ride: 2005 M3
Bluetooth Retrofit question + Audio Help

First of all I searched through every post i could find only to get to some dead links and useless information.

What I would like is a cut and dry, this is what you need list to retrofit bluetooth into my 2005 M3. It is a coupe, with no sharkfin (meaning no BMW assist, correct?) and the trunk states that it is pre wired for phone.

Are there any aftermarket systems that would function similarly to the OEM unit? I read about the Parrot system, but I couldnt determine its drawbacks, nor could i tell if it was visible when installed.

Now the audio question. Im looking to seriously enhance my standard (non-HK) system. I have a number of questions about upgrades. If you are knowledgeable, please get in touch with me. If you guys have any suggestions for audio upgrades to the sh***y OEM system I would really appreciate it.

FYI, I mostly listen to classic rock, hip hop, occasional classical, and occasional metal.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
Twiford

My Ride: Is Expensive
I thought all models after 04.5 came with the bluetooth standard? I have an 04 and it is prewired, all I need is the TCU to make it work from what I understand. You do not have the communication stuff on your rearview?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
profM3

My Ride: 2005 M3 ZCP
If he had Assist then he would have bluetooth for a MY 2005 car. With no Assist then no bluetooth as the bluetooth is built into the Assist module. You can follow this thread to find out how to add OEM bluetooth:
HUGE news regarding the newest oem bluetooth tcu

With an '05 M3 the only problem you might encounter would be if you have a ZCP car (competition package). For a ZCP M3 you also need navigation as you don't have the buttons on the steering wheel to control the OEM bluetooth. You can retrofit a standard (multi-function) steering wheel on a ZCP car but it's a bit of work. Here is a link.

OEM bluetooth is quite good and the integration is nice, better than the Parrot systems, but it costs more than the Parrot system.
2005 M3 Silbergrau Metallic on black; 6MT, ZCP, ZPP, ZCW, Nav, Dinan exhaust, two AR20 resonators in section 1, Autosolutions SSK, Fucy CSL diffuser, Intravee II, illuminated ZHP shift knob, stealth V1 install with ash tray remote, OEM first aid boxes under both seats, Ultimate pedals and more...
profM3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, microphone, module, speakers