E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
mvrboy

My Ride: M
Subframe Repairs - Who has had it done?

Talking with regards to the E46 series M3 or not, how many people in Australia have had it done, and if so where, what where your dealings like, please share info i.e place of repair, method or responses to have BMW Oz agree etc.

Friend is in need of getting BMW Australia to repair his rear subframe.

Cheers!
mvrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
CortinaD

My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrboy View Post
Talking with regards to the E46 series M3 or not, how many people in Australia have had it done, and if so where, what where your dealings like, please share info i.e place of repair, method or responses to have BMW Oz agree etc.

Friend is in need of getting BMW Australia to repair his rear subframe.

Cheers!
My 2004 M3, cracked subframe noticed at 40,000kms. BMW Aus repaired through Adelaide Motors BMW in July 2007 under goodwill as the car was out of warranty.

EDIT: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=oh+no

Last edited by CortinaD; 08-22-2009 at 07:50 AM.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Mitch_

My Ride: '99 E46 328CI
yeh mine was repaired under good will last december - 8k job done by BMW Body Shop .. i'd only had the car for about 1 month at that stage
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
mvrboy

You guys have any docs from BMW Australia assuming responisbility and stipulating the reasons for repair etc?

Cheers guys!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
CortinaD

Quote:
You guys have any docs from BMW Australia assuming responisbility and stipulating the reasons for repair etc?

Cheers guys!
No documentation on mine, dropped it off, 3 weeks later it had a new floor and I left once again a smiling BMW owner.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
bmwboy

My Ride: A horse
Send a message via ICQ to bmwboy Send a message via AIM to bmwboy
I had my 323ci repaired the put the car on a jig and put in a whole new floor was done under "good will" after threatning legal action

Ride 1
Fully Optioned Euro Spec Imola Red E46 M3 2004

Ride 2
GU-V Nissan Patrol 3.0 Fully Optioned & Lifted

Ride 3
A Horse
bmwboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #7
msbhvn

My Ride: Coupe
No documentation either but they repaired it after threat of legal action. The manager let slip that they will cover it up to 10 yrs of age for the car. It is a defect so warranty doesnt come in to play.

There is an article on the front page about BMW america and a civil case, you may want to read it.
msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:25 AM   #8
mvrboy

Ok, so in theory its all about legal letigation.

Great, I am sure there would be a whole bunch of lawyers who would love to have a crack at a large corporate organisation like BMW Oz.

Hopefully we can get my friends car done without issue. He bought an 04' M3 and isnt happy as larry currently.

they asked him for the klms and year. Done 77,000klms full service history, previous first owner was anal with the car. Paid over $7k for new rotors, pads and redoing of all 4 wheels!

Hmmm, crazy!

Last edited by mvrboy; 08-24-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:36 AM   #9
CortinaD

Quote:
Ok, so in theory its all about legal letigation.

Great, I am sure there would be a whole bunch of lawyers who would love to have a crack at a large corporate organisation like BMW Oz.

Hopefully we can get my friends car done without issue. He bought an 04' M3 and isnt happy as larry currently.

they asked him for the klms and year. Done 77,000klms full service history, previous first owner was anal with the car. Paid over $7k for new rotors, pads and redoing of all 4 wheels!

Hmmm, crazy!
Just keep onto them - I cant see him having a problem. Even pull some badge rank if you need to and point out that ///M on all the documentation they say stands for Motorsport and motorsport cars shouldn't crack subframes, tracked or not tracked.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
mvrboy

Ok, the car is being inspected by the regional manager on the 15th of September here in WA.

They are not saying anything with regards to assuming responsibility as yet. I have pointed out to them the numerous cars done by Parramatta Smash repairs 24+ cars.

Being an 04' they dont believe that it should happen to this particular year. I have stated to them that I know of an 04' being done (thanks Cortina D) but I need some sort of proof to stop them from literally BS'ing me all the time.

If anyone has an 04' or later and wishes to help me out please pm me. I can only think of written documentation or the registration/vin number to prove the year of the car previously repaired via BMW Australia.

Let me know guys, I have had $8k thrown at me by Parramatta to fix this privately and this is not an option. car was only purchased recently privately.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #11
mvrboy

Had word back from the Dealer, as the BMW Oz doesnt seem to deal direct. They wish that we pay the labour $5,900 and they pay only the repair part kit $915!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not happy, will see how the legal route pans out.

Cheers!

In the mean time, if possible could Cortina D, msbhvn, bmwboy and Mitch please get in contact with me via pm so I can have some evidence of getting your cars done etc. I need info to prove cars have been done under goodwill etc
Old 09-22-2009, 06:33 AM   #12
N4NOOK

My Ride: 323ci
thats so f**ked!

Good luck chief
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #13
Jall

My Ride: 328Ci
Going into Doncaster BM tomorrow to have my torn subframe "inspected".

Will see how things pan out.

If Cortina D, msbhvn, bmwboy and Mitch could contact me via PM aswell that would be awesome.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #14
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
Mine was repaired and reinforced with the TMS kit. All out of my own pocket though.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #15
mvrboy

Pm's sent to repaired owners - please help out. Can't even register the car in WA due to it being deemed unroadworthy due to the obvious subframe issues at the licensing dept.

I bought a $70k+ car and now I have nothing but a car worth spare parts value if not fixed!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #16
msbhvn

My Ride: Coupe
I replied to your PM, mine was also done under "good will," again after threats of legal action....Honestly with the financial crises you think they would not make it so hard to fix a blatant problem, I wont be buying a BMW again after the crap I went through.

I took my car in on 29/07/09 and it is still 3 weeks away from being repaired, what a joke!
msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:10 AM   #17
bobz

My Ride: 0 BMW's
Have you taken this issue up with BMW Australia yet?

BobZ
Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #18
mvrboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz View Post
Have you taken this issue up with BMW Australia yet?

BobZ
BMW Australia consistently blows me off and never gets back to me with any useful information. Always the statement of "We are waiting to hear back from the Regional Manager with his decision"

I am always chasing them, finally I was contacted via BMW Autoclassic in WA and they stated have heard back from BMW Australia/regional manager and is only willing to pay for the repair kit, you will have to cover the labour at trade price.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:27 AM   #19
Mitch_

My Ride: '99 E46 328CI
I swapped my car with a mate for a day (his an apprentice at BMW) they inspected it, took various pics and sent them off - bmw wanted more pics - by this stage it was no longer a crack but a gaping hole - more pics were taken - everyone in the workshop was 50/50 on whether it'd be repaired under "good will". Mate texted me during the day saying that they'd fix it and sent me details of a shop to take it to for a quote... then it was repaired after the quote...
Cars got full service history - is 100% stock - and had 115,000km on the clock. was out of action for about 3 weeks...
i think the thing that got me over the edge was that my mate worked there...
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #20
mvrboy

Ok, as stated to Mitch.

Chassis number, rego your name and contact details would be suffice. Chassis/vin number should be on your rego papers. Also, I will need the smash repairer you were sent to, the contact you had/dealt with via BMW dealer and Australia, state your car is in, and the date they inspected and approved/sent you to get it fixed.

My lawyer has practises on both the Western and Eastern coasts so this is going to be a thorough procedure. Hopefully it will help others to stand up and pursue them, possibly get the ball rolling for a BMW Australia settlement for all E46 owners...

If you have problems or have had them fixed please let me know, the more the better, will make the case stronger to help all of us!

Last edited by mvrboy; 09-23-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Tags
litigation