E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
IFX
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: AW //M
Dating someone different

Guys, I was curious as to if any of you have ever dated someone who you didn't think you would?

I've been going with this chick now for awhile, and she likes to party drink etc.. Which is not my thing at all..I'm more of a laid back type. But I do love her, and she loves mee. (Or so we think right)

Do you guys think this is compatible? I mean obviously to an extent I guess it is, because we've been going steady for almost 2 years now.. But do you guys think I'm setting myself up for failure in the future? (Bear in mind, we do occasionally fight when she over-drinks, because sometimes I don't go to parties with her.. And you know how other guys are around drunk girls (this is reminding me of the jealousy thread) because we all know we (guys) can't trust another guy around a sober girl, let alone a tipsy one..
Old 07-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
it can work. i had this kind of situation fvck up badly in my life. but if the trust is there then you are all good.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
How old are you both? If in college, it is likely a phase that will pass and could work out just fine. I dated a variety of girls in college. The party ones were fun but involved more drama IMO. They were also not the ones I saw myself with long term. Turns out, I settled down with one and got married, haha.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
I used to drink/party 3-4x a week.. got serious with a girl that doesn't go out as much or drinks so I started to do the same. IMO Alcohol makes things pretty complicated if not handled correctly

Last edited by zikhkd; 07-15-2010 at 09:00 PM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
i used to drink/party 3-4x a week.. Got serious with a girl that doesn't go out as much or drinks so i started to do the same. imo alcohol makes things pretty complicated if not handled correctly
qft
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #6
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I was the partying type, my gf in college wasn't. She'd come out about once a week, the rest of the time I'd be out with one of my roommates.

We had lots of other problems, but the difference between partier and not didn't hurt us
Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
When I initially read the thread title, I thought that this thread might be about dating somebody that you normally wouldn't date due to attractiveness, etc. (..i.e...cool jock with a nerdy bookworm).

After reading further and realizing that this thread is about a difference in behavior/habits, my perspective becomes a bit skewed. My ex was a big drinker and loved to party. My personality is more laid back, observant and I don't consume alcohol. Our personalities clashed quite a bit because of her desire to drink and party (..which usually led to fights with other women or men, obnoxious/beligerent behavior, aggressiveness towards me, etc.). Only you will be able to determine if your differences are detrimental to the fabric of your relationship.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #8
217Bimmer
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
dated a 9/10 once. i could only take so much ribbing from my friends before i had to drop her ugly ass like a bag of rocks and go back to strictly 10's. i suppose for some people it can work out to date someone different. not for me though.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
IFX
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: AW //M
m3inline, it sounds like your past relationship was a bit like mine.

I'm actually pretty sad to report now that last night we did break up..
Guess I jinxed myself by making this thread huh?