E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
First date lined up.....

Well, after about four months since the ex randomly broke it off with me I have a date with a new girl lined up tomorrow evening.

Gave the ex a couple chances to come back together and work out the issues, but typical flighty woman, she was gone, or too stuborn to let her walls back down. Like I said before, I am not the type to lose my dignity over a woman. Sure I had many sleepless nights and that constant pit in my gut, but hey....gotta move on.

About 2 or so weeks ago I took a gamble and opened up a match.com acct. Found a girl in my area that I really liked. You know, the kinda girl that actually took the time to write a good profile instead of relying on her looks to just get a guy's interest. Then, I took the time to carefully write her, complimenting, commeting on similar things, etc. Showing that I paid attention to her profile and was genuinly interested in knowing more about her, not just trolling for whoever bites at the line.

Anyway, fast forward, we had a few emails, talked on the phone once, and are going out tomorrow. So far I am excited. This one is an attractive smart and motivated brunette.

Oh, and to all those going through breakups, it is nothing like a new female to captivate your interest and help you see all the flaws of your ex and move onward with your life.

Now which car do I use for the date? lol. e46 325xi sedan = practical yet stylish and down to earth. Or the M3s, e46 or e30?

Think the 325 will be the car for the evening. I am 35 not 22. Trying to attract a higher caliber of female here.

So boys....sure breakups suck...but the sooner you get back in the game the quicker you will heal. Even if she only turns out to be a rebound, you will come out stronger.

Last edited by Mark M; 09-09-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
"The best way to get over a woman is to get under another one." Truer words have never been spoken.
Bartacus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
Keno

My Ride: smelly & leaky 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Keno
If she is remotely interesting and pretty, it will be next to impossible for you to take things slow. I can tell you're already on the path to rebound from the diction of your post. That said, live it up, feed your ego and get this insecurity outta your system. Go with what your gut tells you to do when it comes to car selection (3 second instinctual choices > hours of contemplation). Anyway, I just finished a rebound last week. PM me if u need advice.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Mark M

Yup, I am trying to really rebound and boost my ego here.

I really did have feelings for the ex and wanted to salvage things, sure we had flaws....but all relationships have flaws. What makes them work is when both people stand like adults and work together to solve it for the sake of the relationship, not for her or for him. I was willing to do that, she wasn't. She up and ran. Which is her past history. She is a product of her upbringing, had a poor childhood, and developed survival skills that cause her to run and build walls whenever she feels rough times coming on.
The new girl seems much more stable and had a legit upbringing with two loving parents who are still married, just like mine.

So, whether this is something that will last or just a short-term rebound, dunno. But it is working to strengthen and recharge me.

Oh, and I will be using the regular 325. I don't want to brag it up, rather I want to be real here.

Last edited by Mark M; 09-09-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Yup, I am trying to really rebound and boost my ego here.

I really did have deep feelings for the ex and wanted to salvage things, sure we had flaws....but all relationships have flaws. What makes them work is when both people stand like adults and work together to solve it for the sake of the relationship, not for her or for him. I was willing to do that, she wasn't. She up and ran. Which is her past history. She is a product of her upbringing, had a poor childhood, and developed survival skills that cause her to run and build walls whenever she feels rough times coming on. I did want to work though it and did want to be a stand-up man with her. But hey...like I said, she shut the door, so time for me to move on.

The new girl seems much more stable and had a legit upbringing with two loving parents who are still married, just like mine.

So, whether this is something that will last or just a short-term rebound, dunno. But it is working to strengthen and recharge me.

Oh, and I will be using the regular 325. I don't want to brag it up, rather I want to be real here.
Ok honestly the first thing you need to do is stop blaming her, it's your fault not hers that she left. It was your job to keep her interested not the other way around. That said, figure out YOUR mistakes, learn from them and move on.

Good luck on the date though
Old 08-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
CRSmoak

Quote:
Well, after about 5 weeks since the ex randomly broke it off with me I have a date with a new girl lined up tomorrow evening.

Gave the ex a couple chances to come back together and work out the issues, but typical flighty woman, she was gone, or too stuborn to let her walls back down. Like I said before, I am not the type to lose my dignity over a woman. Sure I had many sleepless nights and that constant pit in my gut, but hey....gotta move on.

About 2 or so weeks ago I took a gamble and opened up a match.com acct. Found a girl in my area that I really liked. You know, the kinda girl that actually took the time to write a good profile instead of relying on her looks to just get a guy's interest. Then, I took the time to carefully write her, complimenting, commeting on similar things, etc. Showing that I paid attention to her profile and was genuinly interested in knowing more about her, not just trolling for whoever bites at the line.

Anyway, fast forward, we had a few emails, talked on the phone once, and are going out tomorrow. So far I am excited. This one is an attractive smart and motivated brunette.

Oh, and to all those going through breakups, it is nothing like a new female to captivate your interest and help you see all the flaws of your ex and move onward with your life.

Now which car do I use for the date? lol. e46 325xi sedan = practical yet stylish and down to earth. Or the M3s, e46 or e30?

Think the 325 will be the car for the evening. I am 35 not 22. Trying to attract a higher caliber of female here.

So boys....sure breakups suck...but the sooner you get back in the game the quicker you will heal. Even if she only turns out to be a rebound, you will come out stronger.
Little tip...

Don't compliment her directly instead compliment her choices. Complimenting her directly will only show to her that you're already interested. Basically it'll make you seem easy, even if only a little. Complimenting her choices however, say her hair, or nails, will convey to her that you approve of her choices. Complimenting her this way is much more effective as she'll like the compliment but she'll also feel like you just APPROVED something she did, making it seem like you're the one of a higher value. Women want what they can't have remember.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 08-13-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
Mark M

Respectfully I disagree to some extent. Sure it is the man's role as provider and dominant one in the relationship to keep her interested. However, commitment is also fundamental here. All relationships go through tough times. What makes a relationship bulletproof is how well they both handle the tough times and hunker down through the storm and work to fix issues. Sure I am not without fault. But I was willing to address it and correct.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
CRSmoak

Quote:
Respectfully I disagree to some extent. Sure it is the man's role as provider and dominant one in the relationship to keep her interested. However, commitment is also fundamental here. All relationships go through tough times. What makes a relationship bulletproof is how well they both handle the tough times and hunker down through the storm and work to fix issues. Sure I am not without fault. But I was willing to address it and correct.
Honestly, it doesn't matter if you disagree, it is what it is. A women will never take responsibility to what happens in or to a relationship wether it be bad or even good. They may imply to you as if they're taking some responsibility but in the end she will always figure out a way to turn the responsibility back onto you, it's instinctual. Bottom line, you still liked her, she did her job. She didn't still like you (not enough anyway) so obviously you didn't do yours. That whole "every relationship has it's problems" is only true because people are ignorant and don't know **** about how relationships actually work! Frankly, for many, it's just a cop out.

Really though, it shouldn't matter to you if it's technically your fault or not (and it is!), you should always take responsibility for it because by doing so it'll allow you to recognize your mistakes easier.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 08-13-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
Mark M

First date went great, I can tell this one really is a quality girl. Funny, inteligent, responsbile, driven, possesses substance. Meaning she is not thin or shallow.

Met up for drinks, then I took her to a baseball game. Good conversation and laughs the whole night, no awkward silence. We both agree there will be a second date, but like I said, she is a quality girl. That impresses me and deminishes the need to just get her in the sack. CR, I played the evening by the book, subtle compliments about her choices, hair, career, etc. Started out the date with a friendly hug so as to pave the way for more friendly short touching through the date, like grabbing her hand when the team scored a run, that kinda stuff. By the end of the night she was reaching over to hold my hand. Plus I did not spill my guts on the first date. Only shared enough stuff to make me look interesting and unique and keep her curiosity up. Plus I kept it light hearted and silly. Bought her some silly blinking bunny ears and put on some silly blinking glasses myself. Ok, enough rambling for now, just wanted to give an update.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
Lonely Tylenol.
Banned

My Ride: is faster thAn yours
Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tylenol.
Quote:
First date went great, I can tell this one really is a quality girl. Funny, inteligent, responsbile, driven, possesses substance. Meaning she is not thin or shallow.

Met up for drinks, then I took her to a baseball game. Good conversation and laughs the whole night, no awkward silence. We both agree there will be a second date, but like I said, she is a quality girl. That impresses me and deminishes the need to just get her in the sack. CR, I played the evening by the book, subtle compliments about her choices, hair, career, etc. Started out the date with a friendly hug so as to pave the way for more friendly short touching through the date, like grabbing her hand when the team scored a run, that kinda stuff. By the end of the night she was reaching over to hold my hand. Plus I did not spill my guts on the first date. Only shared enough stuff to make me look interesting and unique and keep her curiosity up. Plus I kept it light hearted and silly. Bought her some silly blinking bunny ears and put on some silly blinking glasses myself. Ok, enough rambling for now, just wanted to give an update.
so did u her in the ///M or 135 ?
Lonely Tylenol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #11
SalM

My Ride: Shhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tylenol. View Post
so did u her in the ///M or 135 ?
This. Did u or at all? Or did u ?

SalMPhotography

Last edited by SalM; 08-23-2010 at 12:32 PM.
SalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
CRSmoak

Quote:

Hmm... why do I have a feeling you may have read some of my sources
Old 08-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #13
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
how old is she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #14
Mark M

She is 33. I took the 325. Wanted to be 'real'. Did not want to impress with superficial methods. Oh she also has her free lance graphic design business. Intelligent responsible women are sexy!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
CRSmoak

Quote:
She is 33. I took the 325. Wanted to be 'real'. Did not want to impress with superficial methods. Oh she also has her free lance graphic design business. Intelligent responsible women are sexy!
The "methods" are just that, methods. Whether you choose to be superficial in using them or not is really just a matter of choice.

Either way, I'll stop harassing you now, glad the two of you had fun
Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #16
217Bimmer
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
and you call yourself a fanatic? we always, always **** on the first date.

but seriously, sounds like the perfect first date. keep things light and easy with as little pressure as possible. let things come naturally and go from there. good luck with the second.
217Bimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
firefirefire90
Banned

My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
pics?
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #18
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Good job escalating the kino with subtlety

CRS knows what im talking about im sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #19
CRSmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Good job escalating the kino with subtlety

CRS knows what im talking about im sure
Kino?? Whaa...
Old 08-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #20
Mark M