E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Mau330i

My Ride: '02 330i
My experience with ECS Tuning

I just want to share with all of you my experience with ECS,

I had an issue with a part a bought from them, and just a few hours after I wrote them explaining my problem they answer with a solution for me.

I think they have a great customer service and wanted to say thanks Thomas for helping me to solve my problem.

Thanks ECS, it was great doing business with you
Mau330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
bimminge46

My Ride: 323Ci, 89 325i ETA
thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

E30 in progress.

bimminge46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
mkodama

They are one of my favorite companies to get stuff from. They have great pictures of a lot of common parts on their site, as well as I have also had good luck with their customer service. I was just ordering a $3 part one time, but they still took the effort to give me a call to tell me that I ordered something they didn't have in stock and helped me with my options.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Been ordering most of my stuff from them for the past year or so. No complaints at all.
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
My325XI

My Ride: 03 325XI Sprt Prem
I've used them several times. Great experience every time.

2003 325XI 5-speed ZSP ZPP
My325XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
Avet4

My Ride: 2004 330i 6spd
I got my meyle hd control arms from them, they were the lowest price by a lot. Also if I didnt already have a UUC SSK I would have gotten the ECS kit in a heartbeat.
Avet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #7
Jaundiced Outlook

My Ride: has a tailgate
Been buying parts from ECS for quite some time, for my wife's VW. I especially like the handy 5-liter jugs of Pentosin VW spec oil.

Got the wagon, and noticed, "Hey - they sell BMW parts, too!"
Jaundiced Outlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaundiced Outlook View Post
I especially like the handy 5-liter jugs of Pentosin VW spec oil.
They do have a VERY nice selection of oil.
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
ECS is always very fast on shipping my orders and can offer some great deals on merchandise if you are willing to look.

However, some constructive criticism:
The shipping costs are high. Very high, for items that shouldn't be high at all. The picture below is an example. A basic bubble envelope would have been cheaper for both parties. The box contained that one part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #10
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
I've been impressed with ECS as well.

I placed the order for my FCABS with ECS in the afternoon, I believe it was around 3:00. They were delivered to me at 10:00AM the next day!
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by spage View Post
I've been impressed with ECS as well.

I placed the order for my FCABS with ECS in the afternoon, I believe it was around 3:00. They were delivered to me at 10:00AM the next day!

That's because you're like 90 minutes (at the most) away from them.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #12
EDness

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325xi
I've never had a problem with them. Ordered from them way back when i had my Audi. People stayed away from them after they had a credit card fiasco...charging people's CC randomly but that's 5-6 years ago. I actually just received an order from them last week.
EDness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
CapdYa

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
Always good to know.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #14
Crawfo

My Ride: 1999 328i
I to just had a great experince with ECS. I had a issue with the AC Tensioner that I ordered and Ben did everything possible to make it right. They will definately get my business again.:thumbsup:
Crawfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #15
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Thank you for all of the kind words and for all of your orders!

We strive to bring the BMW & European auto community the most competitive prices, exciting and unique parts, as well as offer the best customer service around!

Thanks again everyone!

Best,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #16
MyNeeds101

My Ride: '05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuningJoe View Post
Thank you for all of the kind words and for all of your orders!

We strive to bring the BMW & European auto community the most competitive prices, exciting and unique parts, as well as offer the best customer service around!

Thanks again everyone!

Best,
Joe
Joe - you guys rock. I seem to be placing an order every two weeks with you. Always have the parts in 3 days. No one else touches that.

BUT... I think you should just thank BMW for all the orders and your customers for being educated shoppers.

Cheers
Matt
MyNeeds101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #17
mth33

My Ride: 2003 330ci
I bought the M3 rep. bumper, and one of the fog lights was broken. there was clearly something that punctured the box. I sent them a picture, and they had a set of new fog lights for me a week later.
i also really like chat function. very helpfull when your not 100% sure on a part.
mth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #18
Jmanscotch

My Ride: makes my pants tight
I also find their service and part selection to be above the typical bar.

To be nit-picky, I agree with the gentleman who said sometimes their packaging/shipping is a bit much....that is about the only negative, so if your listening ECS...work on that if there is room to do so.

Also....how many local folks would be up for an actual store front you could shop at/pick up your parts at?! Even with fast shipping, I sometimes REALLY rather just drive 12 miles then wait a day...:)

I'm not saying it has to be fancy, maybe even just a setup where you can order the parts and know about when they'd be ready to pick up at a simply counter/receptionist setup...

Last edited by Jmanscotch; 11-23-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Jmanscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post

To be nit-picky, I agree with the gentleman who said sometimes their packaging/shipping is a bit much....that is about the only negative, so if your listening ECS...work on that if there is room to do so.

Also....how many local folks would be up for an actual store front you could shop at/pick up your parts at?! Even with fast shipping, I sometimes REALLY rather just drive 12 miles then wait a day...:)

I'm not saying it has to be fancy, maybe even just a setup where you can order the parts and know about when they'd be ready to pick up at a simply counter/receptionist setup...
I've driven past their offices out of sheer curiosity. It's kinda off the beaten path. Pretty non-descript building with plenty of VW's up front and a door.. that's about it. Ohio probably isn't the place for a german car part retail store, but it would be nice.

Cheat Sheet:

GT1/ISIS/MoDiC = Factory authorized diagnostic system used by BMW dealerships across the world.

NCS Expert = BMW Factory R&D programming tool available on the internet (not intended for the public and not available to the dealership network)

OEM = Genuine BMW part only available from a franchised BMW dealership.

DME = Engine Management Computer
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post

Yeah if you get something that is a decent size, then the packaging is spot on and perfect. Like my SSK (which btw is worth EVERY PENNY):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote