E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
NIVO

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to NIVO
Thumbs Up Turbo 330Ci ZHP Project

Just posting my project start thread.
Will be taring apart the car soon.

Most of the info so far is on the site.
www.e46turbo330ci.com

Another DIY turbo Project... Inspired by the guys who have done it themselves on this forum.

I will be using the Comp Turbo CT4-6265 3BB, it is an Oil-Less turbo with only Coolant lines going to it.

I want to see what I can push the stock engine to then I will rebuild the engine or just buy another block and do it over the next year.

Done with the SRT-4 for now so my car is next... then the SAAB Aero.

Nivo

Edit: forgot to mention that I will be going 3" exhaust with a Varex variable muffler. Waiting for the muffler to arrive from Australia.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_020.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	397510   Click image for larger version

Name:	CT4-62653BB.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	397511  

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in. ~ Nivo
The rest of my signature is reserved for pointless modification bits like: Halos | window Tint | carbon fiber roundels | short shifter

Last edited by NIVO; 03-21-2011 at 10:49 AM.
NIVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
love the 325ci

My Ride: black 2005 325ci
Good luck keep us posted
love the 325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by love the 325ci View Post
Good luck keep us posted
most of it should work on the 325Ci like yours minus the software tuning. But everything else should be applicable to the M54B25.

As always if anyone worries about warranty or if it is street legal then the warning is:

These modifications are for off road use only.

WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in. ~ Nivo
The rest of my signature is reserved for pointless modification bits like: Halos | window Tint | carbon fiber roundels | short shifter
Old 03-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
azzy989

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to azzy989 Send a message via MSN to azzy989
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVO View Post
most of it should work on the 325Ci like yours minus the software tuning. But everything else should be applicable to the M54B25.

As always if anyone worries about warranty or if it is street legal then the warning is:

These modifications are for off road use only.

WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in.

i'll be watching this

azzy989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
Subbed. Good look Op
Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickM3 View Post
Subbed. Good look Op
Wow your 325 is making good power!

More non-M cars need to be turbocharged, either DIY or NickG's kit.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 03-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
Quote:
This is sig worthy. LoL

Quote:
Wow your 325 is making good power!
More non-M cars need to be turbocharged, either DIY or NickG's kit.
^^^ Totally agree. You can do TT kit. 325whp out the door. And that's just stage1. Lol It's cool man I would like build my own turbo kit one day. Just not on such a complicated system.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
gurov

My Ride: 2004 325XI Turbo
Send a message via AIM to gurov Send a message via MSN to gurov
i was just looking at those oilless turbos today, how much do they cost ?

also, props on doing it yourself.
2004 SE-R SpecV turbo - megasquirt3 j&s ultrasafeguard - SOLD
gurov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurov View Post
i was just looking at those oilless turbos today, how much do they cost ?

also, props on doing it yourself.
A CT2-6262 with oil-less center at MAP is $1313
http://www.maperformance.com/comp-tu...-ct2-6262.html

or through this Ebay store: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/compturb...id=p4340.l2562

Maybe through Joe at comp turbo they would be cheaper if you mention my name and site.

He is willing to Support certain groups if the volume and demand is there.

Turbocharging is not new to me, have done it many times over as my technical background is Automotive technology, Diagnostics, Electronics and Performance from years ago(schooling). I also worked at a Dyno shop here for a few years and done Vipers, Corvettes, Mustangs 350Z's and a whole lot more.

I am a Nissan guy at heart as I love my Z cars(my shiro attached) but I am a car enthusiast first and love anything unique and fun to do myself. Cars have become my hobby and I don't make a living working on them.

Hardest challenges to me were ferrari and some Porsche, things are packed in there.

If i'm In NJ I will PM you or something, We head out to the track every year. This year we are running our SRT-4 that I just finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nivoshiro.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	397572   Click image for larger version

Name:	n827562899_1414643_6089851.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	397573  

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Last edited by NIVO; 03-21-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
gurov

My Ride: 2004 325XI Turbo
Send a message via AIM to gurov Send a message via MSN to gurov
meh, nissan.

i'm more of a bmw/toyota fan now. the sentra is just a toy now (more of a testing platform for ridiculous ****)

Quote:
A CT2-6262 with oil-less center at MAP is $1313
http://www.maperformance.com/comp-tu...-ct2-6262.html

or through this Ebay store: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/compturb...id=p4340.l2562

Maybe through Joe at comp turbo they would be cheaper if you mention my name and site.

He is willing to Support certain groups if the volume and demand is there.

Turbocharging is not new to me, have done it many times over as my technical background is Automotive technology, Diagnostics, Electronics and Performance from years ago(schooling). I also worked at a Dyno shop here for a few years and done Vipers, Corvettes, Mustangs 350Z's and a whole lot more.

I am a Nissan guy at heart as I love my Z cars(my shiro attached) but I am a car enthusiast first and love anything unique and fun to do myself. Cars have become my hobby and I don't make a living working on them.

Hardest challenges to me were ferrari and some Porsche, things are packed in there.

If i'm In NJ I will PM you or something, We head out to the track every year. This year we are running our SRT-4 that I just finished.
2004 SE-R SpecV turbo - megasquirt3 j&s ultrasafeguard - SOLD
gurov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #11
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurov View Post
meh, nissan.

i'm more of a bmw/toyota fan now. the sentra is just a toy now (more of a testing platform for ridiculous ****)
Never really got into any other Nissans other then the zcars.

I like anything "underdog" I guess. Reason why I have the ZHP over the 135 or 335 I was thinking of buying.

The SRT-4 at home is the built up car and the SAABs are almost stock.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 03-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
I noticed you are posting information about your own site and its sponsors.

As your own personal build great, and lets just keep it that way as they are not sponsors here as I would want you to tread safely without stepping on toes.

what are you using to tune your turbo?

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
I noticed you are posting information about your own site and its sponsors.

As your own personal build great, and lets just keep it that way as they are not sponsors here as I would want you to tread safely without stepping on toes.

what are you using to tune your turbo?
This is the reason why I held back on posting my own DIY venture on this site. But I looked and didn't see any Turbocharger Companies on here. Especially a direct Manufacturer.

I don't think I am stepping on toes, I am just helping others help themselves on taking on their own projects by posting what's needed. It is what I do on every forum I am on or belong to.

I thought long before posting (Have worked for Autoguide forums as Admin).
So I know how the Business runs/works.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
malina

My Ride: stock ZHP
Good luck with the project and respect for undertaking it understanding the risk of failure and overall cost
Subscribed.
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #15
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by malina View Post
Good luck with the project and respect for undertaking it understanding the risk of failure and overall cost
Subscribed.
My main objective is doing it myself for this years project. Doing this many times over I know a ballpark of overall costs of turbocharging. But to me it is not about saving the dollars as it is about putting the whole thing together from scratch, yeah I could have gone through NickG or Active to boost my car but that would take my fun away.

On the BMWs it's not the Turbo kit that is hard to do but the tuning of the Fuel/Timing etc... Using the Siemens adaptive ECU it is quite fast which is a good thing because it can be used to the tune of some good wheel horsepower. Hell, you can turbo the car and use the stock injectors (obviously the car would be lean under the pressurized load), but then that would not make sense as you turbo it to make power and with stock injectors you can run lean, heat up the engine and blow things up. Which leads us to the need of tuning.

There are many ways to tune the MS43 for relatively little money yourself as long as you have an understanding of tuning and coding/hex/how an engine works(hakentt has shown this) but when it gets to the MS45 it has to be bench flashed, but some have even used the OBD plug to flash it. Tuning software is not cheap and geared towards the Tuning shops which costs in excess of $5000+.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
NIVO

Looks like first week of May I might have time to turbo this car finally.

We will see how it goes

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 04-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #17
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Subscribed!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
We have 80mm and 67mm billet oil-less comp turbos going on three cars at the moment. I am excited to get rid of our usual oil scavenge pump setup. We can get anyone pricing on Comp Turbos as well, and we are a forum sponsor

What engine management are you planning on running?
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #19
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
We have 80mm and 67mm billet oil-less comp turbos going on three cars at the moment. I am excited to get rid of our usual oil scavenge pump setup. We can get anyone pricing on Comp Turbos as well, and we are a forum sponsor

What engine management are you planning on running?
sweet thanks Mike, I didn't want to post too much as I feared of admins thinking i was trying to sell Comp Turbos.
I chose this turbo just for that one reason you mentioned. no need to add complications with scavenge pumps or tapping oil pans, save time, drilling and headaches.

currently still thinking on the tuning will not make up my mind until the last minute as we have quite a few cars to use if i still do not have a solution.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 05-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
What's the deal?

Tags
330 zhp turbocharger, custom turbo 330ci e46