E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
Steve49841

My Ride: 325 Wagon
Any Problems with BMW Parts Source?

I ordered some front suspension parts from these guys two weeks ago and can't seem to get any info on when to expect the stuff to arrive. All I get when I call is a recorder. They did hit my Visa for the parts I ordered but I have no idea what is going on. Anybody else having problems?
Steve49841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
Broach><330

My Ride: 330CI -E30 325 (S52)
Nah, sometimes things just take a little longer. Did you go with ground shipping?

High-line catback
Kosei K1's
Headers
3.15 Differential
Koni FSD, eibach sports
AA software
205k (9/16/13)

E30 S52B32 100,xxx
5spd ZF, JB LW fly, Megan Coils, OBD1 conv. Mishimoto with low temp stat, TRM 15x8, Black vinyl sport seats, MOMO mod 08, 2:93 LSD, Custom single 2.5" exhaust, SS headers, M3 rack, basically new everything on driveline.
Broach><330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
Steve49841

Nope, I paid extra from over night air, and while I live in the remote regions of Upper Michigan I should have had the stuff by now. Something is probably on back order, which is fine, they just need to e-mail me and tell me that so I can pass it along to the shop doing the work.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Broach><330

My Ride: 330CI -E30 325 (S52)
Ohhh, yeah I would definatley want an answer or a reply as to why you haven't received the order. No tracking number?

High-line catback
Kosei K1's
Headers
3.15 Differential
Koni FSD, eibach sports
AA software
205k (9/16/13)

E30 S52B32 100,xxx
5spd ZF, JB LW fly, Megan Coils, OBD1 conv. Mishimoto with low temp stat, TRM 15x8, Black vinyl sport seats, MOMO mod 08, 2:93 LSD, Custom single 2.5" exhaust, SS headers, M3 rack, basically new everything on driveline.
Broach><330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i sport
Slow to ship, exorbitant shipping costs, horrible communication, sometimes no tracking number
Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
AznGuilty

My Ride: 330CI Convertible/M3
Go with Mike @ BMW Part Store for parts, he will take care of you. BMWpartssource always seem to give me a run around back and forth, bunch of bs.
AznGuilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
Re: BMWpartssource.com

I wouldnt recommend them. Not reliable at all.

I PM'd him about parts and he (Patrick) never responded. This has happened several times.

He lies about competing vendors along with other unethical things Id rather not say.

He claims (in threads) to match prices but when it comes to it, he refuses. Even after being a good customer and spending over $2k.

He overcharges you on shipping. In fact, I paid for UPS shipping and it was sent USPS. A cheaper and slower method.

Too many red flags with this vendor.

Try these vendors. They're BMW dealers with online internet divisions.

www.GetBMWparts.com (Tischer BMW)

www.BMWmercedesparts.com (Husker BMW)

Personally, out of ALL the vendors Ive dealt with, Tischer BMW has the BEST customer service. They answer questions and provide service with a smile. You might pay a little more, but you'll be CONFIDENT your order will be correct and if not, any corrections will be handled as expeditiously as possible and with a smile. Everything about their operation is professional.

If you do a search, you'll find a lot of complaints with BMWpartsource.

Here's one unsatisfied customer:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=819524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
My order with BMWPartssource.com was for a CCV kit and I received it in a timely matter. Looked at content and the 11 43 1 740 045 O-Ring, Oil Dip Stick Tube to Oil Pan was missing. I thought maybe its just somewhere in the box, but surely enough the invoice did NOT show it as being a part of the order.

Contacted Patrick, showed him a copy of the invoice, he acknowledged his error and agreed to send me the O-Ring for free. So I began waiting.

That was 3 weeks ago, to be exact 01-06-2011, 11:52 PM.

After seeing no O-Ring in my mailbox and NO updates whatsoever for 2 weeks, I contacted him again asking for an update on this.

I get a message "This is Richie, I am filling in for patrick who is out sick. What part number are we to send you and to what address?

Richie"

I get frustrated as I already know it wasnt sent, so I tell him my address again. That was on 01-24-2011. Sent him another PM yesterday asking if it was shipped or not.

Still No response.

Bad, Bad customer service !

I dont care that the O-ring costs a few cents or what, I simply want to be treated like a customer. And if I paid for something I want to receive it or at least some type of update on the case.

BMWPartssource.com were however VERY good at giving me a quote and sending me an invoice for my purchase, but later disappeared.

Last edited by OrientBlau; 06-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.
OrientBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
cvx5832

My Ride: 325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Same experience from Patrick (BMW Parts Source) as everyone has posted. No communication of whether the package has shipped, no tracking number, and long response times to anything other than giving your credit card number.

cvx5832 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
Steve49841

CRAP!!!!! I'm stuck with it now. I can't imagine trying to get the charge off my credit card and going to someone else at this point. I did get through to someone in the parts department at (it's really Faulkner BMW in Lancaster PA) BMW Parts Source. They said Patrick had been out on a family emergency, so I'm going with that for now. I hardly ever complain because I understand stuff happens but it still grinds me that I can't get a simple answer.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i sport
I'm starting to believe he doesn't exist anymore. He was pretty good at spamming the forums.
First he was on vacation. Then he became ill. Now family emergency. Man that's a bad string of luck..........
Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
Jmanscotch

My Ride: makes my pants tight
If you paid for overnight air ($$$$) and didn't get so much as an email to address why it hasn't shown (in what I presume is a few days), then I wouldn't have a problem contacting your credit card company and asking them to cancel that payment.

Mods: How long are people going to be forced to complain about this sponser before we do something about them?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
Jmanscotch

My Ride: makes my pants tight
Also, I've used both www.GetBMWparts.com and http://www.thebmwpartstore.com/ and cannot say enough good things about either of those two, true salesman who care and follow up in a very timely manner...A++
Old 03-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #13
TitaniumCranium
/// Limitless

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post
Also, I've used both www.GetBMWparts.com and http://www.thebmwpartstore.com/ and cannot say enough good things about either of those two, true salesman who care and follow up in a very timely manner...A++
Agree 110% - never a problem, always reliable.

/// MODS
/// Auto => 6-Spd Manual Conversion | Apex EC-7 | Koni/Ground Control Coilovers | Vorshlag Camber Plates | Meyle HD LCA | PowerFlex bushings | GruppeM rep CAI | Shark Injector | 6000k HID's and Fogs | BMW European MTechII | BMW Performance Shifter | ACS Mirrors and Rear Spoiler ///
TitaniumCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
ebmwparts is my new favorite online parts dealer. Always get a response telling me what's in stock or a special order and when they expect things to ship. Always get a tracking number when things ship. Pricing typically much better than Tischer or Faulkner and nearly as good as Husker but with far better service than Faulkner or Husker (you order through Husker and your parts just eventually show up although you have no idea when they might arrive - I don't like not knowing when things ship because a package could disappear off my porch and I'd never even know it).
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
Steve49841

Anyone ever think about doing a sticky on vendor performance? Looks like we have a few vendors that are getting a big thumbs up and a few that are getting something less then that. I am thinking about calling the credit card company to see about stoping payment but I don't want to mess things up more. I just want an e-mail or the stinking parts!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #16
sam123

My Ride: 2004 330i zhp
In my experiences they have poor communication. They did not return calls or emails. Luckily I am located close to them and was able to just go and pick my things up.
sam123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
e36-2.0

My Ride: 330xi
experiencing the same here. I got prompt responses in getting prices for parts but once I sent payment he's no where to be found. No confirmation. No detailed invoice. Marginal Businessman at best. He even charged me for his state tax for the sale and Im in canada. LOL

'02 330xi
Konigsport/Ground Control/DPE/BMW Motorsport/Eurosport/Turner Motorsport/PowerFlex/RacingDynamics/Hotchkis/UUC/Beisan/Bimmerworld/Dinan/Conforti/RPI/GroupN/Technik/Dynavin

Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
-Projecttechnik.com
e36-2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
Steve, let me guess...they charged you Pennsylvania sales taxes, despite you being an out of state buyer with your shipping and billing address is not in PA right?

Well for anyone who has been charged PA sales taxes while being an out of state (or out of country) buyer, I hope you disputed this with your credit card company. Its not matter whether it is "just a couple bucks" but it is about the principle. They were not supposed to do that! Who knows, they could have been pocketing the money claiming they were collecting sales taxes? They could be incorrectly interpreting a PA sales tax law, citing this:

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...te_sellers_pdf

Which says nothing but further details here:
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...in_2011-01_pdf

Inquiries into the PA Department of Revenue will further solidify the fact they were not allowed to do this for out of state buyers with out of state shipping addresses. Besides, if you check your state's secretary of state's office, you will see no Faulkner. Subsidiaries they have no tax accounts with other state departments outside of Pennsylvania. Any company names they operate under start with Faulkner. They have a few dozen of them in PA and looks like they have a nice little monopoly going there by having a dealership for each manufacturer.

You can also report them to the PA Department of Revenue's Office of Criminal Tax Investigations.

EDIT: They also over charge for shipping. $20 for ground shipping to ship a small box half way across the country, especially when they have agreements with couriers?

Last edited by genuity; 03-19-2012 at 02:19 PM.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
e36-2.0

My Ride: 330xi
I did my do diligence shopping around for the best deals. All in all with shipping and nonsense tax included the price was fair considering I am in Canada and one of the pieces was fairly large. I don't trust this Patrick individual though and a dispute has already been submitted with PayPal. He has poor business practice and your post has merit to prove that. Will keep you all posted.

'02 330xi
Konigsport/Ground Control/DPE/BMW Motorsport/Eurosport/Turner Motorsport/PowerFlex/RacingDynamics/Hotchkis/UUC/Beisan/Bimmerworld/Dinan/Conforti/RPI/GroupN/Technik/Dynavin

Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
-Projecttechnik.com
e36-2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #20
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
@e36-2.0: Just so you'll know...all these statements hold true:
  • If you buy something from a Euro member country and take delivery in Canada, then you are VAT exempt.
  • The same above holds true for those in the States buying from Euro member country.
  • Those in the States buying something from Canada and taking delivery to the States, are also exempt from GST/HST/PST/QST/etc...
  • Furthermore, since you are in Canada, buying something from the States and taking delivery in Canada, then you are tax exempt.
More reasons for your distrust...using Faulkner's clientele to funnel his (and his accomplices') side business:
Quote:
Date: Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Subject: BMWPartsSource branching out.....

Hello Everyone,

This is Patrick with BMWPartsSource.com. I am currently heading up this website here at Faulkner BMW, but I am working on opening up my own personal website. I want to sell OEM parts for every manufacturer other than BMW and Mini Cooper online at a discounted rate. If you guys or gals like the service your getting here at BMWPartsSource.com please try me for all your other parts needs for your other vehicles. I dont have the website up and running yet and will have an ordering email which is this one to submit orders too for now. The only thing is I can't look these parts up, I need the part numbers provided for me. I hope everyone is doing well after the Holiday Season and like me is ready for Spring !!!! Have a great winter everyone and i look forward to talking to you on either side, ThePartsHut or BMWPartsSource.

email me at ThePartsHut@ymail.com

Patrick
Then looks like he starts getting BMW related sales inquiries to his side business' email, so he sends out an email to clarify:
Quote:
Date: Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Subject: please continue....

To clarify things, everyone is to continue to send all BMW orders to pcasey@bmwpartssource.com !!!!! Thanks everyone !!
Lastly, Faulkner BMW cybersquats/typosquats on BMW of Silver Spring (formerly Tischer BMW) aka getbmwparts.com:
Quote:
Registrant:
FAULKNER LANCASTER

2000 BENNETT AVE
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania 17601
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GETBMWPART.COM
Created on: 02-Aug-10
Expires on: 02-Aug-13
Last Updated on: 30-Aug-11

Administrative Contact:
[*REDACTED*]@FAULKNERBMW.COM
FAULKNER LANCASTER
2000 BENNETT AVE
United States
+1.717299****

Technical Contact:
[*REDACTED*]@FAULKNERBMW.COM
FAULKNER LANCASTER
2000 BENNETT AVE
United States
+1.717299****

Domain servers in listed order:
NS35.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS36.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
The domain was registered in bad-faith and Tischer can file a UDRP (Uniform Domain Name Resolution Policy) complaint with NAF (National Arbitration Forum) to seize the domain and have it transferred to them.

In short, fellow Fanatics should know the games played by a sponsor and not all of them are acting in good faith. These examples above are just the tip of the iceberg. There is more and I am sure those that have purchased have experienced such things that one has not experienced with other sponsors. If this post gets deleted, it may only send a message that sponsors with money can pay off site owners. Many others who have been customers can come forward and vouch for the same, since they have been on the same mailing list.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote