E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
omarmarji
Banned User

My Ride: E36 332i
Aw daily driver :::build thread:::

Whats up fellow fanatics, this is my first ever build thread so try not to go hard on the flaming. excuse the typo's anyways.........

My first car was a 2001 vw Jetta MK4 2.slow lol and yeah it was pretty slow and before i got rid of the car here is how she looked, and yes a lot of money was invested into the car.

Here a link to my cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/323202...lkswagen-jetta

Towards the end of April i was searching online for one of my dream cars, I was in the search of an B5 Audi S4 (6spd) or an MKV Golf GTI(6spd) and i wanted either one of them in white. I looked everywhere for those two particular cars and I couldnt find anything, they were either all high really high mileage or automatic . Anywhoooooo as i was searching my father suggested to look for a BMW . I always thought that BMW's were high on maintenance and etc... and that they would cost a fortune to buy. So i hoped onto craigslist and i was searching for 325ci's and all i found was black and automatic witch really bugged me but the i found a really interesting one white with black interior just like exactly what i wanted but it was smg . So then i was like fvck it lets see what kind of 330ci's i can go for so as i was searching the first link i opened was a white 330ci 5spd black leather interior that looks brand spankin new with 0% damage and 100% flawless, this interior was probably the freshest interior ive ever seened in my life in any car, so basically i fell in love with the car. So on May, 05 2010 i went to go pick up the car, he was asking $12,500 but then i got him down to $9700 and he also threw an extra set was TSW rims on top. So yeah i went home a happy man

2002 330CI 5 spd
88k Miles
Black leather
heated seats
premium sound

the mods it came with were:
acs roof and trunk spoiler
eyelids
white painted reflectors all around
the nastiest purple tint

Here is exactly how she looked when i bought her

So the same week i bought her i started the modding phase all over again but this time with a way better car
The first thing i did was remove the old horrible tint and it took me for ever and to this day i still cant be able to remove the rear window tint off.

A week before my birthday i found left over parts from my jetta, and what cought my interest the most was the hid kit i had, it was 6k so i installed that into my foglights because my projectors were already xenon, and the same time i painted the grille matt black.

Now about the rims he gave to me, they were TSW Snetterton , but all four wheels were fading away and a curb rashed a little bit, the hyper silver looked completely eroded away, so me and a buddy of mine decided to do a small project that ended up taking 2 weeks to finish lol yeah we are easily distracted.
So heres how it looked once we finished

After my birthday i decided to buy a couple of things with the money i got, i noticed that my hid fogs were messing around with my electrical, for ex. everytime i turn on the fogs my radio would cut off for a split second then go back to normal, i didnt like that so i bought a set of 3000k digital slim hid kit from a friend of mine and the problem was solved, i was pretty happy with the results. and i also removed the bumper grille at the same time just to paint it black and man it was a . so tryin to put it back on wasnt as easy i decided to just leave it in my basement lol

For a long time i never had my front licence plate i would just put it into my bumper everytime i parked the car lol yeah stupid right, i got plenty of tickets for that to so i just got sick of it and so i just decided to do something different and i sware to you guys i never seen'ed the idea of having your licence plate on your tow hook ever before, i made my own licence plate hold with the original tow hook and a metal plate the size of a licence plate, so i cut and welded and there you have it custom tow hook licence plate holder witch cost me $0.00
Not the greatest pic or design

Ok for the entire summer of 2010 i had to stop the modding sequence because i had a lot of tickets to pay off that ive gotten from my jetta, so that being said when school first started i started to grow out of the TSW's i had so i decided to put it on craigslist, a few days later i got a call and i had someone pick them up for $650.00 , IMO i thought it was a good deal only cause i got them for free lol. SO yeah bye-bye ugly rims

With that money i had an idea, i thought i could spend that an some performance mods, so then thats exactly what i did, i went straight to TMSand ordered their performance pulley kit and also the k&n short ram intake with the heat shield.

oh yeah i also threw this in lol the bmw licence plate frame

During the months of sept-november of 2010 i noticed a lot of knocking from the rear-end so i went to one of my mechanics and he told me it was my rear sub-frame so i got really scared cause i thought i was going to pay a fortune so i guess i was ready for that, so i went to the dealer ship in spring valley and they inspected my car for free and they did find the damage, so the next month on december 15 2010 i had my car towed to bmw (for safety measures) and from there they started workin on my car, during the 2nd week of working on it they gave me a call saying that there are other damages in your car and they specified that water was leaking into th rear of the car and eating away the metal and he said thats a common issue and thats the leading cause to the creaking noise from the rear end.
here is exactly what he sent me via email( really nice of this dealership to do all of this FOR FREE)

What was fixed:
Brand new sub frame
Brand new rear floor starting from rear seats to trunk
Brand new gas tank(dont ask why)
Brand new rear shocks
Brand new shock mounts
Reinforced sub frame
Flushed brake fluid
btw they gave me a loaner for TWO MONTS while the car was getting repaired and it was during the worst snow storm in NY so thank God for that, they gave me a 535XI..whats better then that!! and it was amazing in the snow
THX Wide World Of Cars (BMW, Maserati, & Ferrari)

While my car has been getting repaired at the deal for the months of december janurary and some of feburary i ordered a few things for my car
Thx you ECStuning

I also bought an alcantara steering wheel from one of my friends neighbors for a very good price **AHMM COUGH $50.00 COUGH COUGH** the condition wasnt the greatest but fvck it for 50 bucks you cant go wrong, i also painted the cluster needles red using red sharpie, came out really good. BTW i did restore the alcantara and it look pretty decent, prob a 7.5/10.

HERES AFTER RESTORATION!!

Ok now the same week of the installation of the above items i wanted to do something creative so i did my research and came up with this

After saving up a few bucks i hoped on the TMS website and ordered myself a small gift

!!!!!CONTINUE INTO THE THREAD AND MORE WILL BE FOUND!!!!!

Last edited by omarmarji; 07-04-2011 at 07:01 PM.
omarmarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
That's a dang cheap price you got. I wish I could find a deal like that in Canada.
Very cool car
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
fernet_citrus

My Ride: 01 325ci
looks clean, not a big fan of the wheels but to each their own i have the one in AW as well but an 01, good luck on your build
fernet_citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
omarmarji
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernet_citrus View Post
looks clean, not a big fan of the wheels but to each their own i have the one in AW as well but an 01, good luck on your build
lol about those wheels..... i'll think your gunna like whats going to happen to them
Old 07-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
fernet_citrus

My Ride: 01 325ci
haha mine is a 325 tho, im jealous of your oem projectors, but yea DO WORK
fernet_citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Shmo

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to Shmo Send a message via MSN to Shmo Send a message via Yahoo to Shmo Send a message via Skype™ to Shmo
Nice nice, but you haven't seen the tow hook license plate holder before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
You did pray to your BMW shrine first, asking the Great Roundel for guidance on parts' choices first, right?
Shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
omarmarji
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmo View Post
Nice nice, but you haven't seen the tow hook license plate holder before?
nope i have never seen it before, well i guess i started to notice it after i did it, the people that go to my school that have the licence plate holder all said they got that i idea from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Congrats man, and what a beautiful car you got for a cheap price
Thx man i appreciate it, i guess i just lucky finding this deal.

Last edited by omarmarji; 07-03-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Congrats man, and what a beautiful car you got for a cheap price
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
jt328ci

My Ride: 2000 328ci
i liked the first wheels better... but its your car/money do what pleases your eyes!
jt328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
omarmarji
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt328ci View Post
i liked the first wheels better... but its your car/money do what pleases your eyes!
stay tuned.. your gunna like whats gunna happen
Old 07-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
sakumaxp

My Ride: 02 M3 convertible
keep up the good work, your ride is looking nice bro!

Carbon Black Metallic
SMG II
Verttttt
VCSL Front Bumper
VCSL 1 Piece Splitter
VIS GTR Hood
6K Angel Eyes
VMR VB3 19's
KW V2 coilovers
sakumaxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
///mattleegee

My Ride: 350z
this isnt fair.... nice ride man, wish i could find a AP 330ci like that for $9700, heck i would pay $14k
///mattleegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
rizwan1377

My Ride: 04 M56,LC 100,RX300
Send a message via AIM to rizwan1377 Send a message via MSN to rizwan1377 Send a message via Yahoo to rizwan1377
Looks good... If i had that car( I wish), i would've changed the corners to smoked ones. Anyways good luck with your project.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
Beamin-Bajaj

My Ride: 2002 325xi
yonkers stand up! looks good bro keep it up
Beamin-Bajaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #15
omarmarji
Banned User

ok first post was edited!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
someguy_99

My Ride: E46,335Xi,Lambo,...
I got my 323i for 4500 a year ago with bunch of mods

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson
someguy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #17
omarmarji
Banned User

well heres a pic of the rotors installed

i also got a little to crazy and i pulled out my window trim and i painted it black, theres a DIY that is used in my DIY thread for everything. it came out really good, it doesnt chip or anything

oh and i also removed the ac schintzer rear trunk lip, and man was it a pain in the a$$ to do, so i ordered a m3 lip spoiler from ebay for $40 and slapped that on, that also didnt come out to good i guess cause my fingers were freezing cold during the installation but i had kept it on for a while but then just decided to take it of
Old 07-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #18
omarmarji
Banned User

More is coming!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #19
///mattleegee

My Ride: 350z
moar!!!
///mattleegee is offline   Reply With Quote