E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Yo fuuckfaces, football food ideas

did I get your attention? I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just looking for ideas for food on sunday. Friend is making penne ala vodka and I would like to make something as well.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
uhhhmeeer

My Ride: E36 M3
Send a message via AIM to uhhhmeeer
T!ts
Old 09-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O
How many people? You looking for finger foods or meals?
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
TuoRedrum330i

My Ride: has dents
buy croc pot. add chili.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by accolade View Post
How many people? You looking for finger foods or meals?
either one. Maybe between 5-9 people
Old 09-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Get a good sauce (gravy for you guineas out there) recipe and make a sh!t ton of Baked Ziti. It's quick, easy and you can feed an army without breaking the bank.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Buy giant cans or jars of nacho cheese sauce (the fake looking kind that you get at stadiums). Pour cheese into crock pot and set to warm. Get giant bag of chips, fresh salsa, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, refried beans, etc. Cook up some taco meat. Eat kick ass nachos until you want to barf. If you want to get gourmet on us, put the chips in a roasting oven set on low, so the chips are nice and warm.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Easiest recipe in the world if you want to do pasta... i posted it up here, but it included meatballs and all that fiasco... not needed. I made this last night and the prep/cook time took me about 30 minutes, then the rest of the time is a simmer.

Get a package of italian sweet sausage (6 per pack) and cut them into 1 inch pieces.. so 4 or 5 pieces per link. Careful, try not to tear the casing. Cook in a non stick skillet until golden brown on the outside. No oil needed, you'll get it from the sausage. Set aside.

Get two sticks of pepperoni (margherita preferably)... cut in the same sizes... cook them in the bottom of a big pot. Add a chopped small yellow onion, and cook until the onions are cooked.... not brown/caramalized, but cooked... in the last minute, add a couple cloves of chopped garlic an pour the sausage in as well. Keep steering frequently in this pot from the beginning, you don't want the pepperoni/onions/garlic to burn one bit. After another minute or two once the garlic is cooked, add 2 cans of kitchen ready crushed tomatoes. I will fill up each can about half way with water to get the rest of the tomatoes out, pour it right in... you don't want that sauce (gravy) to get too thick now.

Cook on med-high for a solid 45-60 minutes, after that bring to a simmer and let it go for... however long. 3 hours preferably, but once the pepperoni is soft and cooked all the way through, you'll be good to go.

I started last night at 7:20, we were eating by 9:00... pepperoni still needed a little bit to go, but it was still good. If you want, you can add a touch of basil/oregano... salt and pepper AT THE END... you add salt too early and the sauce cooks down, i guarantee you'll have a salty sauce... non-bueno. I think i put a tablespoon of salt in my last night if i had to guess...

Cost $18 for everything... btw
Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
palindrome

My Ride: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Easiest recipe in the world if you want to do pasta... i posted it up here, but it included meatballs and all that fiasco... not needed. I made this last night and the prep/cook time took me about 30 minutes, then the rest of the time is a simmer.

Get a package of italian sweet sausage (6 per pack) and cut them into 1 inch pieces.. so 4 or 5 pieces per link. Careful, try not to tear the casing. Cook in a non stick skillet until golden brown on the outside. No oil needed, you'll get it from the sausage. Set aside.

Get two sticks of pepperoni (margherita preferably)... cut in the same sizes... cook them in the bottom of a big pot. Add a chopped small yellow onion, and cook until the onions are cooked.... not brown/caramalized, but cooked... in the last minute, add a couple cloves of chopped garlic an pour the sausage in as well. Keep steering frequently in this pot from the beginning, you don't want the pepperoni/onions/garlic to burn one bit. After another minute or two once the garlic is cooked, add 2 cans of kitchen ready crushed tomatoes. I will fill up each can about half way with water to get the rest of the tomatoes out, pour it right in... you don't want that sauce (gravy) to get too thick now.

Cook on med-high for a solid 45-60 minutes, after that bring to a simmer and let it go for... however long. 3 hours preferably, but once the pepperoni is soft and cooked all the way through, you'll be good to go.

I started last night at 7:20, we were eating by 9:00... pepperoni still needed a little bit to go, but it was still good. If you want, you can add a touch of basil/oregano... salt and pepper AT THE END... you add salt too early and the sauce cooks down, i guarantee you'll have a salty sauce... non-bueno. I think i put a tablespoon of salt in my last night if i had to guess...

holy **** dude. Had the day off today and made this. OMG SO GOOD.Everyone that had it said it was amazing. Even my italian mom, who makes her own gravy every sunday. I can't believe how easy this was to make, vs. how good it was!

I bought the wrong tomatos (peeled, not crushed) but just pulsed them a bit and it turned out fine. Was a little worried about how watery it was at first, but after 2 hours is was plenty thick. I love how the pepperoni added a tad of spice while eating. Dude, seriously, thanks for this recipe, it is about to become a weekly trend.

Last edited by Palindrome; December 4, 1986.
palindrome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
DylloS

Russo, I'm making this sauce tomorrow I think. How much does it make? Making for two and hoping for leftovers. i'm assuming we will have plenty.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
ZimZimma328Ci

My Ride: Mopar
Send a message via AIM to ZimZimma328Ci
Buy a crockpot, use this website and you won't be dissapointed!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005...ps-fondue.html

The only thing I cooked that I didn't much care for was the orange chicken. The cream cheese chicken is damn near amazing.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post

I think I may do this. Sounds awesome. I never heard of pepperoni in the sauce

Last edited by DylloS; 09-08-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
uhhhmeeer

im not a fuuckface
Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhmeeer View Post
im not a fuuckface
but you are a piece of shit
Old 09-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #15
uhhhmeeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimZimma328Ci View Post

who the fvck are you?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
ZimZimma328Ci

lol, I guess the basketball humor is probably too much for a group with absolutely no sense of humor...

Goddammit! I swear if you guys rip on me 13 or 14 more times... I'm outta here!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #17
uhhhmeeer

Quote:
lol, I guess the basketball humor is probably too much for a group with absolutely no sense of humor...

Oh, that was suppose to be funny?

A+ joke, will read again
Old 09-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
ZimZimma328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhmeeer View Post
Oh, that was suppose to be funny?

A+ joke, will read again
9/10 for originality

sorry to hurt your feelings, e-
Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Quote:

I, for one, got the reference. Hilarious movie.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
$1000 you never make this in your life.

what did you ever make for football? you should be banned from the food forum fvckface.
I guarantee I make it within the next week. Nothing. Friends covered the food.