E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Do facelift sedans use smaller angel eyes than the rest? Khoalty AEs don't fit...

I spent an hour trying to install the new $130 LED Khoalty angel eyes on my car today (facelift sedan). They're way too effing big and they hit the bezel. The bezel won't pop back on without completely shoving the outside angel eye ring out of the way. The rings are the same size as the outer chrome bezel. When I view pics of properly installed angel eyes, it appears they are smaller than the chrome bezel, not the same size. I e-mailed Khoalty. I'm extremely dissapointed because I wanted these on. We'll see how they handle this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00349-20110922-1737.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	418079  

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
your picture looks off. your left angel eye you should be moving more to the right and center it. The bezel I dont believe goes on smoothly. id show you a picture of my setup but its too dark out.
zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Right.. that's the whole reason I posted the picture. Did you actually read my post?

Please stop posting

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Right.. that's the whole reason I posted the picture. Did you actually read my post?

Please stop posting
YOU MAAAAAAAAAAAAD????????????????

Reason I said to move it to the right, is to literally move it to the left so the bezel would go in.

Nvrmind, you lost the help.
zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Sanchjer

My Ride: 323i e46 SOLD!
They may have sent you ones for a halogen set up.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Now that you've said that, I think thats exactly what they did. Thank you...

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 09-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
crazyafghanguy

My Ride: E46 M3
are the rings both the same size?

01 M3
Black/Black 6 Speed
Style 95
Amber All Around
Ac Schnitzer Muffler
ZCP Brake Upgrade
crazyafghanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

yes

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Anybody else? I'm not sure Khoalty is going to come through on this.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 09-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

This guy had the same issue. The bezel wont snap on. The facelift sedan headlights seem to have tighter gaps between the bezel and chrome. The bezel simply will not fit. If you look at the bottom two pictures of ANOTHER dude, the rings are smaller than the CHROME. Not the same size like the ones KHoalty sent me

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...=855606&page=2

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 09-22-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #11
E46nguyen

My Ride: BMW 2003 E46
I wonder your headlight is OEM or replace?? If is not OEM for facelift, this issue is yours!

My issue is same to you with the led angle eyes from Umnizta. My xenon headlight is not OEM (on E46-2005), my car is 2003 model, so the rings is bigger than chrome!
I myself cutted the plastic bar which connect two head of ring and nerrow it.Then fix it again by heat and glue!! If not, the ring will not inside the bezal and chrome, fluctuating when your car running!

Your issue need widering the ring if Khoalty not change the other for you. If they exchange, i think the second one is still not fix 100% again.

Last edited by E46nguyen; 09-22-2011 at 10:06 PM.
E46nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
liquiddawn

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Ok, some of you people posting clearly have no clue what you are talking about. E46Mango, Khoalty has sent you the wrong set of angel eyes, you NEED to contact them and make them send you the correct ones.
liquiddawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
Apple4life

My Ride: 03 325i SULEV
Did you select projector fitment when you ordered it? If both rings are the same size, they are for halogen type headlights. They probably sent you the wrong one. Good luck on getting the correct set from them.
Apple4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #14
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46nguyen View Post
I wonder your headlight is OEM or replace?? If is not OEM for facelift, this issue is yours!

My issue is same to you with the led angle eyes from Umnizta. My xenon headlight is not OEM (on E46-2005), my car is 2003 model, so the rings is bigger than chrome!
I myself cutted the plastic bar which connect two head of ring and nerrow it.Then fix it again by heat and glue!! If not, the ring will not inside the bezal and chrome, fluctuating when your car running!

Your issue need widering the ring if Khoalty not change the other for you. If they exchange, i think the second one is still not fix 100% again.
My headlights are OE (not OEM--learn your terminology, please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiddawn View Post
Ok, some of you people posting clearly have no clue what you are talking about. E46Mango, Khoalty has sent you the wrong set of angel eyes, you NEED to contact them and make them send you the correct ones.
I did contact Khoalty. He's pointing the blame at me for not installing them correctly. I keep telling him that there physically, literally, and absolutely is no room for the LED ring to fit between the chrome shroud and the black bezel. It physically does not fit. I asked him to send out the right rings. He insists I have the right ones and told me to ship it back for a refund--OK so you don't want my business? I hope he comes through. I've bought lots of sh!t from this guy. By the way, both rings are IDENTICAL in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple4life View Post
Did you select projector fitment when you ordered it? If both rings are the same size, they are for halogen type headlights. They probably sent you the wrong one. Good luck on getting the correct set from them.
Yes I did select the ones for Xenon.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 09-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #15
liquiddawn

He clearly sent you the wrong ones, if all rings are the same size he sent you ones for halogen headlights. His response to you is the typical Khoalty response after you have already made your purchase. I haven't had any issues with them yet, but that's because I've gotten all the correct parts.

If I were you, I would just send them back and get your money back. You should buy the Orion V2's from Umnitza anyway. (Just my opinion, well, and many others, but they are the best ones for the money)
Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #16
Apple4life

My Ride: 03 325i SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiddawn View Post
he clearly sent you the wrong ones, if all rings are the same size he sent you ones for halogen headlights. His response to you is the typical khoalty response after you have already made your purchase. I haven't had any issues with them yet, but that's because i've gotten all the correct parts.

If i were you, i would just send them back and get your money back. You should buy the orion v2's from umnitza anyway. (just my opinion, well, and many others, but they are the best ones for the money)
+1
Apple4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
farmdog

My Ride: Acura TL
Get your money back...no angel eyes looks best.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #18
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

I've read on Bimmerfest http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213336 of other people having to dremel their facelifted sedan's bezel for the angel eye that attaches to the projector. I think the orion V2s may not need modding because they're thinner rings to begin with. I'd rather not deal with shipping--i want to make this work. BUt I guess I will if I have to. Does Khoalty make you eat the shipping even though his product does not install/work as advertised?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #19
liquiddawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I've read on Bimmerfest http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213336 of other people having to dremel their facelifted sedan's bezel for the angel eye that attaches to the projector. I think the orion V2s may not need modding because they're thinner rings to begin with. I'd rather not deal with shipping--i want to make this work. BUt I guess I will if I have to. Does Khoalty make you eat the shipping even though his product does not install/work as advertised?
He will make you eat the shipping. However, the fact that he even responded to you and offered to even give you a refund is amazing. I would take it and run.

The Orion V2's are not thinner, they are the thickest angel eyes out there(some people actually don't like that about them) They are also the brightest and they fit perfectly.

Don't deal with dremels or any of that, take the easy way and just send those back and get the Orion V2's, you will love them! Especially the new opaque ones they have.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:18 AM   #20
gymkhana

My Ride: 2003 330i zhp
I know theres alot of strange angel eyes floatin around.... I got a e36 set by accident and the only reason i exchanged them is bc they prohibit projector movement bc there just barely too small.... Theres been a ton of debate about angel eye and i wish there was someone with the resources to settle it and make a legitimate guide
gymkhana is offline   Reply With Quote