E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Miscellaneous BMW and E46 Parts

Miscellaneous BMW and E46 Parts
All other BMW and E46 Parts. Random car parts, BMW posters, lifestyle items, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
drummr8

My Ride: Steel Grey 02 330Ci
Anyone interested in buying a smoke machine for cheap?

So I just finished making a smoke machine for myself because I had codes P0171 and P0174, and it works great with good smoke output. I've made around 6 of them to sell, so PM me or reply here if you'd like to purchase one. (if they sell out and more people want them, I will make more of them)

I can make it to accept a compressor quick-disconnect or a little bike pump.

Each unit will come with it's own power supply and regulator, which keeps the pressure at a safe rating of < 1/2psi (11" WC). All you need to do is plug the power cord into a normal wall outlet, and hook up your compressor.

You choose top-mount or side-mount regulator. (see video)

Mineral oil is heated to make the smoke - This is safe for our vehicles and will not cause any damage.

Each unit will come with 8ft of tubing. 4ft each of 1/4" and 3/8"

The best way I've found so far to hook the machine up to your intake is to take off your filter and stretch a latex glove around the lip that the filter connects to. Cut a small hole in one of the 'fingers' of the glove and stretch that around your tubing. I will be posting a video of the machine hooked up to my car using this technique.

I am pricing the smoke machines at $100 plus shipping/PP fees.

Edit: I calculated shipping for different areas, and shipping costs will be anywhere between $10 - $20, depending on how far you are from me (Florida). If you are interested, PM me and I'll get you a shipping quote.
Paypal fees will be ~$4 I'm guessing. So, the total price shipped should be around $120 Shipped/Paypal'd (on average)

Smoke Output

Video:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...=VIDEO0016.mp4

*thanks to random guy from the internet that I borrowed the idea from (I couldn't find his name anywhere)

Last edited by drummr8; 11-06-2011 at 02:56 PM.
drummr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
wow. nice! how much? I need to upgrade my ghetto smoke machine. I used a freakin halloween fog machine.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
Is this so you can put up a smoke screen when the cops are after you in your E46?

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
drummr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzzoe View Post
Is this so you can put up a smoke screen when the cops are after you in your E46?
maybe
Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
can you make me a smaller version for my bedroom?

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
screamer-beemer531

My Ride: BMW M3 E46 6spd PY
...so how does this have to do with the E46? Sorry but this is kind of spam but good luck with the sale.

Last edited by screamer-beemer531; 10-22-2011 at 04:41 PM.
screamer-beemer531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
drummr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer-beemer531 View Post
...so how does this have to do with the E46? Sorry but this is kind of spam but good luck with the sale.
Not spam. This machine is used to find vacuum leaks in your e46 (or any other car)

Like i stated in my first post, if this should go in the for sale forum I will put it there instead. I'm just trying to see if there is any interest.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
MarkyNels

My Ride: 2013 S4
Ha! That's pretty awesome.. Would be a great sale for turbo applications.. I'd say 90% of threads on forums that occupy turbo vehicles (Skylines for instance on GTRCanada.com), are started based on vac/boost leaks that can't be found.. Potential business
MarkyNels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Fog machines set off smoke alarms

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
I need to find my exhaust leaks. How much?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
flashmeow
Banned User

hurry up with the testing. also, don't be a perfectionist and wait to release the final version. nothing wrong with releasing the demo/pre production version. btw..like your pelican parts sticker!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #12
drummr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyNels View Post
Ha! That's pretty awesome.. Would be a great sale for turbo applications.. I'd say 90% of threads on forums that occupy turbo vehicles (Skylines for instance on GTRCanada.com), are started based on vac/boost leaks that can't be found.. Potential business
Thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallace530 View Post
I need to find my exhaust leaks. How much?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer
PM'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
hurry up with the testing. also, don't be a perfectionist and wait to release the final version. nothing wrong with releasing the demo/pre production version. btw..like your pelican parts sticker!
I'm hurrying! Trying to find the best source to get my regulators from
Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #13
White_Knuckles

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Should have a lease deal. You buy the thing full price but you may return it for a credit for let's say a $30 use fee. I only need one rarely and would gladly pay for a rental. Can't even find a stupid shop with one in my area. Shops could rent them!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
drummr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knuckles View Post
Should have a lease deal. You buy the thing full price but you may return it for a credit for let's say a $30 use fee. I only need one rarely and would gladly pay for a rental. Can't even find a stupid shop with one in my area. Shops could rent them!
That's not a bad idea... might be kind of pain though to keep track of everything. Is your username a reference to FFDP by chance?

I ordered some of the regulators... just waiting for them to arrive.

Last edited by drummr8; 10-24-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #15
flashmeow
Banned User

[QUOTE=drummr8;13732870]That's not a bad idea... might be kind of pain though to keep track of everything. Is your username a reference to FFDP by chance?

I ordered some of the regulators... just waiting for them to arrive.[/QUOTE]

can't wait
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #16
drummr8

Correction: I ordered A regulator.... don't want to order a bunch of them if it's not even going to work! The good news is that it will be here on Wednesday... if it works out, who wants the first unit?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #17
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
I would be interested, depending on the price. PM me when you get into production mode. What exactly are you using to generate the smoke? I would like some specifics on how you are making it work. I am not looking to steal your design or anything. I don't have the energy to build one right now. I would just like some more info.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #18
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
I would be interested, depending on the price. PM me when you get into production mode. What exactly are you using to generate the smoke? I would like some specifics on how you are making it work. I am not looking to steal your design or anything. I don't have the energy to build one right now. I would just like some more info.
i think he is using mineral oil which will be perfectly safe on our car. also, i think he is using a glow plug to heat up the mineral oil.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #19
drummr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
i think he is using mineral oil which will be perfectly safe on our car. also, i think he is using a glow plug to heat up the mineral oil.
Yes, I am using mineral oil as the fuel to make the smoke. It is heated by a 'heater wire'. Mineral oil is safe to use
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #20
omhl

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Send a message via AIM to omhl
asset tag them and do contract.

security deposits

Tags
p0171, p0174, smoke machine, smoke test, vacuum leak